• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: 2) Nuggets vs 7) Lakers

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LA wins game 5 then yes they have all the momentum going into game 6 at home. In a series they have led for like 80% of it by the way.
That’s a lot different than saying they have it now. Right now they have pressure, and all of it.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a lot different than saying they have it now. Right now they have pressure, and all of it.
Sorry my post was saying if Murray sits out and LA wins game 5 they’ll have all the momentum, I didn’t mean it to come across as they have it now.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LA wins game 5 then yes they have all the momentum going into game 6 at home. In a series they have led for like 80% of it by the way.

Yeah, "all the momentum" is a bit hyperbolic with them heading back to Denver. But getting that win should give them more confidence especially combined with that crazy stat about how much they've led. But I'm also sure the Nugs aren't too worried. They had to figure the streak was going to end sooner or later and they're going into a closeout game at home.

Now, if they win in Denver...it gets interesting because they will be heading back to LA and really will have the momentum.

As of right now, it just looks like it'll be a "gentlemens sweep" and I don't see Denver following up their title season losing in the 1st round by being the 1st team in history to cough up a 3-0 lead.

Oh....and in before @eaglesnut says the league will make sure the Lakers are the 1st team to do that.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, "all the momentum" is a bit hyperbolic with them heading back to Denver. But getting that win should give them more confidence especially combined with that crazy stat about how much they've led. But I'm also sure the Nugs aren't too worried. They had to figure the streak was going to end sooner or later and they're going into a closeout game at home.

Now, if they win in Denver...it gets interesting because they will be heading back to LA and really will have the momentum.

As of right now, it just looks like it'll be a "gentlemens sweep" and I don't see Denver following up their title season losing in the 1st round by being the 1st team in history to cough up a 3-0 lead.

Oh....and in before @eaglesnut says the league will make sure the Lakers are the 1st team to do that.

Well hopefully last night‘s loss will be the kick in the pants Denver seems to need as they’ve pretty much been sleepwalking this entire series.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird schedule. No extra off day for travel day before game 5 and they were the only team thru Saturday to play 4 games.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird schedule. No extra off day for travel day before game 5 and they were the only team thru Saturday to play 4 games.

Only in the finals do travel day means extra day off all the time. NBA season would last into July if they have they are adding extra day off for travel days in the first 3 rounds.

Cavs/Magic also played game 4 yestrday

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am honestly surprised it hasn’t happened before.

3-0 is a huge lead.

But, when that team loses games 4 and 5, then gets back on the road for game 6?

Pressure mounts. The team trailing is playing with house money.

Thing it should have happened once or twice by now.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,306.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot_20240429-043746~2.pngTainthappening gets credit for this. He posted it in the funniest thing you have seen on the Internet today thread.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With so much focus on manipulating his knicks into winning position he's less involved in the others. How did you not figure that out by yourself without my help?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I genuinely don't know how this is going to play out tonight!

If Murray is out then the Lakers stand a better chance of course, but if they carry the momentum from game 4, then they have a good shot regardless.

I can either see a close win for LA or a complete blowout by the Nugs. The latter seems more likely tbh

That being said, if the Lakers win tonight they will most likely get their ass kicked at home the following game!

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3-0 is a huge lead.

I am really not comfortable seeing this discussed until the Thunder have closed out their series.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3-0 is a huge lead.

Yeah, odds are it's going to happen eventually. If/when it does, it's likely going to be a team similar to the Lakers. One that has played the first 3 games close and/or where the team leading the series lost a top player.

There was a time where no team had come back from 3-1 either.

Don't see this years Lakers being the ones to do it, but who knows?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, odds are it's going to happen eventually. If/when it does, it's likely going to be a team similar to the Lakers. One that has played the first 3 games close and/or where the team leading the series lost a top player.

There was a time where no team had come back from 3-1 either.

Don't see this years Lakers being the ones to do it, but who knows?

Crazier things have happened. We we're only a Murray missed shot away in Game 2 for this series to be 2-2

Not making excuses, but at least the games haven't been complete blow outs.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazier things have happened. We we're only a Murray missed shot away in Game 2 for this series to be 2-2

So I have nothing to worry about then is what you are hopefully saying

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well it would’ve went to OT if Murray missed that shot so it was anyone’s game by that point with a slight advantage towards Denver as they were rolling in that 4th quarter.