• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st round 2) Knicks vs 7) Sixers

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Other teams will be recruiting him lol
There are a ton of guys who would love to play alongside Embiid/Maxey. It’s the perfect spot for an aging vet wing looking to ring chase one last time.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you going to get that’s better than PG13?
Old Man Basketball GIF

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a ton of guys who would love to play alongside Embiid/Maxey. It’s the perfect spot for an aging vet wing looking to ring chase one last time.

Suppsoedly jimmy butler may become available…

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think a ton of guys want to play alongside Maxey and a guy on crutches

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no. There were "red flags" when he was at LSU re: how much he "cared" about winning.

I don't recall if there were enough that it should have affected his draft position, but they were there.

Having said that, there definitely wasn't anything to indicate that he would meltdown like he did.

As I said before.

He was literally a top 3 trade asset early in his career.

Arguably number 1 after his rookie season.

Teams absolutely would have given up almost anything to get him.

If the 6ers really did know that he was “a bitch” then they 100% needed to trade him before the rest of the league caught on.

And they had like 5 years to do that.

It is not the right move, not even in hindsight, to take an inferior asset simply because they ultimately became the better player 8 years in or whatever it has been.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said before.

He was literally a top 3 trade asset early in his career.

Arguably number 1 after his rookie season.

Teams absolutely would have given up almost anything to get him.

If the 6ers really did know that he was “a bitch” then they 100% needed to trade him before the rest of the league caught on.

And they had like 5 years to do that.

It is not the right move, not even in hindsight, to take an inferior asset simply because they ultimately became the better player 8 years in or whatever it has been.

Hard to say they didn’t play it right since they extracted all the value out and then knowingly traded damaged goods to the nets anyway

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I tease the absolute shit out of @fightinfunbags about Beal & Lavine.

But in all seriouness the Sixers first call in FA has to be Paul George.

After that you can adjust. But a tall, long wing who can shoot and be a creator is just a huge need.

If not, you need more guys like Batum who can man the F slots, not demand the ball a ton, but just be efficient shooters.

In the draft this would be someone like Tristan DaSilva, who is kinda Tobias Harris like...but with functional testicles. Filipowski could be intersting playing next to and then backing up Embiid at times. The other fun idea would be to move up for Knect. Who is exactly what they need. But obviously the cost would need to be right. But if he falls to Hou/ATL range....those teams might need to consider a move down. If he gets to the Bulls at 11 it should be a done deal IMO.

Not getting PG13, you can put your cap space to work. The Hawks need to move some money just to get under the tax, you can probably get Bog or Hunter for a reasonable deal. Possibly both if you really wanted.

After that, going for Caleb Martin is fun, and again, with your cap space you can get Cody Martin from Charlotte...which whatever team signs Caleb should be legally required to do.

They could also flex their money on Gary Trent (who is of age for the maxey timeline) or KCP (more on the embiid timeline) and make it REALLLLLLLY uncomfortable for Denver to match. Both are bigger than Hield, which i think is important. Malik Monk would be the other option. But this would depend on if you keep Melton or not. If MaxeyMelt is your backcourt (and if they are we are 100% making that a thing) then Trent and Monk are probably out. Making bigger one year offers for a guy like Royce O'neal and Kyle Anderson could be fun plays as those teams are second apron and would get taxed up the ass keeping them around. Kyle Anderson seems like a potential target for sure. He's one who can be had IMO.

This isn't a great FA class for forwards, so drafting one like DaSilva might be the better plan.

I like DeSilva

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it true the real reason that creep Harden wanted outta Philly is Morey promised him a strip club inside Well Fargo Center?
Yes.

It’s it written in your contract that every day for 5 years you post the same Harden strip club joke?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

It’s it written in your contract that every day for 5 years you post the same Harden strip club joke?

Every day? You should completely exaggerate more. Why not say I say that multiple times a day? I see you're in a bad mood.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every day? You should completely exaggerate more. Why not say I say that multiple times a day? I see you're in a bad mood.
Read your joke again. It makes no sense cause you fucked it up. Why would Harden want to leave after being promised a strip club in the arena? Cause James Harden loves strip clubs am I right? Am I right? Am I right guys? Is the 10 year old joke still funny guys? Am I right guys? Am I right guys? You laughed years ago so it still has to be funny now. Am I right guys? It’s still funny when I fuck up telling the joke right guys? Is it still funny guys? It’s still funny guys.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read your joke again. It makes no sense cause you fucked it up. Why would Harden want to leave after being promised a strip club in the arena? Cause James Harden loves strip clubs am I right? Am I right? Am I right guys? Is the 10 year old joke still funny guys? Am I right guys? Am I right guys? You laughed years ago so it still has to be funny now. Am I right guys? It’s still funny when I fuck up telling the joke right guys? Is it still funny guys? It’s still funny guys.

Did you know the 76ers got eliminated in the 1st round again?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know the 76ers got eliminated in the 1st round again?
Ask yourself if you want to be crying angry before you continue. You know how this goes, front runner.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask yourself if you want to be crying angry before you continue. You know how this goes, front runner.

You're so angry it's funny. And so triggered.

You did exactly what I hoped, respond in your typical pissed off way. Isn't time for you to start throwing around your usual insults?

Ain't it funny the only two people that have a problem with me being a Celtics fan is you and wiggy? And with the way you've over-pimped Embiid these last few seasons you took his title of over the top nut hugger. You're actually worse than he was when LeBron was a Cav for a second time.

And just like him it took you several years to come to the conclusion that it bothers you I'm a Celtics fan from Ohio. Yet what really makes me laugh is how you don't have an issue with other people in the NBA threads that root for teams outside of their home state.

And remember the only reason I said anything to you in the first place is I know you'd get pissed like you always do.

Happy fried day. Smoke some weed and mellow out man.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly phans be like......

200.gif

Kevin Hart Whatever GIF

I almost feel bad for them. Wait no I don't.

But it was funny how Knicks fans invaded Wells Fargo Center and that made the owner buy a bunch of tickets and give them out to first responders. Which I thought was cool.