• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st round 2) Knicks vs 7) Sixers

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what GM I would hire to be honest, it is a tough assignment because you have high expectations.

I think Colangelo was the GM who really screwed the situation up the most, but Hinkie, Colangelo and Morey all share some blame in the eventual failure of the process.
Like most, you can Captain Obvious shit after it doesn’t work out. Solutions in real time as it’s happening? You’re lost.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw as many firsts as it takes to land Mikal Bridges at the Nets and then round out the rest of the roster.
That is not happening. They already turned down four 1st's from rumors and Philly's picks aren't anything special.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My solution is to trade Embiid, hire a new GM, rip off this band-aid and start over. I think I have been clear there. I'm just not sure who the next person should be.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My solution is to trade Embiid, hire a new GM, rip off this band-aid and start over. I think I have been clear there. I'm just not sure who the next person should be.
I have been saying this for awhile but I highly doubt they trade Embiid. It's just at some point his value will dramatically fall and they will lose him for a lot less. When do you pull the trigger on a trade? He is still close to peak value even with injuries. They could get 2 young players/1 young player + star + a ton of picks. Maybe 2025 offseason.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There aren't many great options right now but shit happens quick. Nothing in FA.

The only guys that make sense are Donovan Mitchell, if he says he wants out this upcoming offseason.
Possibly sign Paul George, I think he will stay in LA.
Trading for Murray or Trae Young. Trae Young really makes no sense with Maxey.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not happening. They already turned down four 1st's from rumors and Philly's picks aren't anything special.
That was 2 years ago. Things change. And 5 firsts are pretty solid. That unprotected Clippers pick could be a lottery pick.

“Picks are nothing special” - people say this stuff all the time but at the end of the day who are these teams that are acquiring a big time talent and the picks are then projected to be lottery picks?!?!?!?

Best thing the Sixers can provide is that the Nets wouldn’t have to take any player or salary back.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-You don’t have a trade for Embiid
- You don’t have the name of a GM
- You have no clue that Josh Harris is trying to get a stadium built and isn’t going to send away Embiid because the attendance would disappear.

You’re just talking out your ass.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There aren't many great options right now but shit happens quick. Nothing in FA.

The only guys that make sense are Donovan Mitchell, if he says he wants out this upcoming offseason.
Possibly sign Paul George, I think he will stay in LA.
Trading for Murray or Trae Young. Trae Young really makes no sense with Maxey.
Donovan Mitchell makes zero sense. There will be players available this summer through trade. There always are.

Sixers have five first round picks and they can offer immediate cap relief because the Sixers can take on salary in a trade and the other team doesn’t have to take anything back.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The curse of Mikal Bridges will take years to lift unfortunately.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been saying this for awhile but I highly doubt they trade Embiid. It's just at some point his value will dramatically fall and they will lose him for a lot less. When do you pull the trigger on a trade? He is still close to peak value even with injuries. They could get 2 young players/1 young player + star + a ton of picks. Maybe 2025 offseason.
Who has this magical package?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was 2 years ago. Things change. And 5 firsts are pretty solid. That unprotected Clippers pick could be a lottery pick.

“Picks are nothing special” - people say this stuff all the time but at the end of the day who are these teams that are acquiring a big time talent and the picks are then projected to be lottery picks?!?!?!?

Best thing the Sixers can provide is that the Nets wouldn’t have to take any player or salary back.
One out of five lottery picks potentially. Sure, maybe things could change but Bridges is still young and they need something to build around. Philly can't offer any valuable player in return, other teams could if they did potentially seek trades for Bridges. Players are ALWAYS better than picks.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who has this magical package?
A team that really wants Embiid. One team COULD but would not and that is OKC.

I already said it wouldn't happen but could be a likely scenario in '25 or '26.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donovan Mitchell makes zero sense. There will be players available this summer through trade. There always are.

Sixers have five first round picks and they can offer immediate cap relief because the Sixers can take on salary in a trade and the other team doesn’t have to take anything back.
Looks Like Devin Booker might be looking to get out of Pheonix. There's some stories here indicating he might be interested n the Knicks. I figured it was just a rumor but then Charles Barkley said to ignore it so now I think it might be accurate

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name some that would turn this team into a contender?

There are no 2s to make Maxey the 3. There are no 3s to support Embiid and Maxey as the 1 and 2.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One out of five lottery picks potentially. Sure, maybe things could change but Bridges is still young and they need something to build around.
Who builds around a third option? They’re currently ruining the asset because they’re asking a third option to be a one and he’s getting exposed having to play that role.
Philly can't offer any valuable player in return, other teams could if they did potentially seek trades for Bridges. Players are ALWAYS better than picks.
Disagree. It depends on the team if picks are better than players . Because they’re in Brooklyn cap space > most players because the Nets being in NYC actually makes them a FA destination along with Lakers and Heat.

Last edited:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks Like Devin Booker might be looking to get out of Pheonix. There's some stories here indicating he might be interested n the Knicks. I figured it was just a rumor but then Charles Barkley said to ignore it so now I think it might be accurate
That was Stephen A. He says everybody wants to be in NYC.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like you haven't watched the NBA in the past decade and think it's impossible to trade superstars?
Yeah that’s me, captain casual who just got here in April. I’m the guy who hasn’t watched the NBA.

Any Embiid move that gets presented = Sixers lose that trade.

That’s my point.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name some that would turn this team into a contender?
KD? They don’t need a star. The Sixers need a 3 and D wing and they need a complimentary roster that can rebound, defend, and do the little things.
There are no 2s to make Maxey the 3. There are no 3s to support Embiid and Maxey as the 1 and 2.
Yes there are. There are tons of 3rd options around the league.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It came from Stephen A, though, who thinks everyone wants to play in NY.