• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st NFL game you attended?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway I'm not likely to see one, absolutely too much effort to watch a game. Ferries and borders and passports and shit, plus having to sit amongst The 12.

Boo freaking hoo.

Try driving 15 hours in a snowstorm and barely getting there in time to see a game.

You can literally take a ferry that offshoots you within WALKING distance of the game.

Pussy. :)

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1987 Oilers Seahawks wildcard game. The old Astrodome. OT win for the oilers. That's all I remember.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine was the first year of the Hawks, but I honestly don't remember who they played. All I remember was we had seats near the top of the dome and it was a LONG FUCKING WAY UP THERE. For whatever reason we were in the nose bleed section.

Went to a few hawks games between the late 70's and mid 90's, but not more than a game every few years or so.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...1986,....right after the pats/bears SB,.......not sure if we played the bears...too drunk.

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1982 - Kingdome Chicago vs. Seattle. Seattle won, but what would end up being my fondest memory of that game was watching Walter Payton throwing a long touchdown pass. Little did I know then that he would become one of the greatest RB's of all time. I was only 6 years old.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, nice. Mine was in the Kingdome too, but I can't remember who the other team even was, let alone the exact year.

Do you remember who the home team was? Probably not.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The metro dome was full. 2001 Cards @ Vikes pre-season game. Nothing special, I didnt care much for either team

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember much about it. It was a Skins game in 1963 with my dad at (then) DC Stadium. I was 8. The only thing I remember about it was Norm Snead getting booed unmercifully and my dad explaining to me why. They traded him for Jurgensen the next season and we had season tix from 67-72. I recall my last game there really well... 26-3 over the Boys in the NFCC.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even remember other than it was a 49'rs game and the first home game for Frank Gore and Alex Smith.

So whenever that was. I don't even remember who they played. I think I paid more attention to the camera on the wire than anything I was so fried that game.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the first things I noticed about being at the games was how different it was to follow compared to watching from home. So much info available when watching on tv but in the stadium, depending on your view from your seat, its a bit harder to follow. Plus, tv timeouts suck worse when at the game.

Personally, I would much rather watch from home mainly because I don't like dealing with crowds, uncomfy seats, waiting in lines, fat slobs who you are pretty sure shouldn't be spending their money on football tickets/stadium hotdogs and beer, etc. Glad I have experienced attending a handful of games but I am far from the season ticket holder type.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the first things I noticed about being at the games was how different it was to follow compared to watching from home. So much info available when watching on tv but in the stadium, depending on your view from your seat, its a bit harder to follow. Plus, tv timeouts suck worse when at the game.

Personally, I would much rather watch from home mainly because I don't like dealing with crowds, uncomfy seats, waiting in lines, fat slobs who you are pretty sure shouldn't be spending their money on football tickets/stadium hotdogs and beer, etc. Glad I have experienced attending a handful of games but I am far from the season ticket holder type.
Odd I followed it better live, at least being able to see the play develop was easier for me. Now seeing the penalties live forget it. Had to watch it on the screen everytime there was yellow on the field.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odd I followed it better live, at least being able to see the play develop was easier for me. Now seeing the penalties live forget it. Had to watch it on the screen everytime there was yellow on the field.
Actually, I agree its easier to follow a play but it depends on where you are sitting. I had decent midfield seats a few years ago in St Louis that made it much easier to follow and I always especially liked being able to see the entire defense react every play when attending games but when in for example endzone seats, you miss the depth perception you are used to having on tv or midfield seats.

Same game in St Louis I mentioned above, I remember Willie Parker had broke his leg and I had no idea. Not sure if he hobbled off the field and into the locker room but I didn't find out until halftime when my brother texted me. It was one of those moments where I missed having commentators.

Last edited:

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been to one.

But have paid to send my 2 kids and a caretaker nephew to Seattle twice. Caretaker nephew is responsible for making sure my son (36, epileptic) doesn't get hurt should he have a seizure.

Paid for tickets, accommodations, food and travel. For 3.

3 Canuck Thanksgivings ago (October) they went to Tennessee vs Seattle, tickets were all I could get. They fucked up their travel plans, left early Sunday AM , got hung up at the border, made it just before halftime.... My son and nephew made it, daughter couldn't bring in her purse.... Had to walk back to hotel. Saw even less than one half.

2 Canuck Thanksgivings ago I paid similarly to send the 3 of them to see Dallas in Seattle. That went well. They left the day before, spent the Sat night in Seattle and made it to the game on time. And stayed Sunday night cause they'd been boozin'.

I think Dallas won? Not sure but maybe? Think so.

Anyway I'm not likely to see one, absolutely too much effort to watch a game. Ferries and borders and passports and shit, plus having to sit amongst The 12.

Shit Hank.

Make the 3 hour drive to Victoria and catch the clipper. Drops you off in downtown.

12's are nice people. Had a Convo with one about the Canucks before the 9ers game. Scared shitless that game. I'm 6'1 and about 275 at that time and because of numerous ear surgeries and my autism I was a little unbalanced on the bleachers. I was afreid of me falling and rolling down the bleachers taking out others. Once the game started the fear kinda went away...........

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I agree its easier to follow a play but it depends on where you are sitting. I had decent midfield seats a few years ago in St Louis that made it much easier to follow and I always especially liked being able to see the entire defense react every play when attending games but when in for example endzone seats, you miss the depth perception you are used to having on tv or midfield seats.

Same game in St Louis I mentioned above, I remember Willie Parker had broke his leg and I had no idea. Not sure if he hobbled off the field and into the locker room but I didn't find out until halftime when my brother texted me. It was one of those moments where I missed having commentators.

I will agree, my first game was end zone nose bleed seats, couldnt really see a lot.
Quincys last start of 2003 I watched him roll out right, had a receiver in the end zone with what looked like 13 defenders around him, Quincys looking down fiwld, I'm in the stadium yelling "DON'T THROW THE BALL" I guess he didn't hear me because I he threw it and Arizona got it. Only Dallas loss that I was at the game.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only been to 2 games, one last season and one this season.
First was against the Chiefs in 2014, Chargers lost on a FG with under 1 min left.
This year it was against the Steelers on MNF. Sucked to see them lose on the last play of the game especially when I knew what the play was gonna be and knew they had no chance of stopping it.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit Hank.

Make the 3 hour drive to Victoria and catch the clipper. Drops you off in downtown.

12's are nice people. Had a Convo with one about the Canucks before the 9ers game. Scared shitless that game. I'm 6'1 and about 275 at that time and because of numerous ear surgeries and my autism I was a little unbalanced on the bleachers. I was afreid of me falling and rolling down the bleachers taking out others. Once the game started the fear kinda went away...........

Too much effort.

But the Clipper is how son and nephew made it down to the Dallas game. Daughter was already there cause she was watching the soccer match the day before so they rendezvoused in Seattle.

The other thing is since my son lives with us, we rarely get the house to ourselves.

So it was nice to have a long weekend free.....

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Air Coryell against the Chiefs in 1980 when my family moved to San Diego. My Dad took me. Unfortunately it looks like my 4 year old son and I won't get to share the same experience.