• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st and goal from 7

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did throw it to Crabtree on second down. Or is he just agreeing with what Kaep did? Also, does he mean Walker, not Davis on third?

I wish the Ravens didn't hold, because it'd be a TD or I could live with it better if it just was incomplete. I' just think, oh well, playcall on young QB. Now, we'll never know. For one, the Ravens could have scored after that. Two, Crabtree might have pulled a Bryant and have his fingers out of bounds, or dropped it, etc.

What am I thinking? If I had a wish, I wouldn't wish for no hold, I'd wish for a catch and win. :doh: ;)

No no, He did mean Crabtree on 2nd down - just not at the point when Kap actually threw it. Crabtree was wide wide open on his first move on that route. He ran straight for the pylon and nobody was within 5 yards of him. He was turned looking at Kap and Kap - he just didn't fire. He choked.

I think he did mean Walker on 3rd though. Damn he was wide open too. For those reasons, and Kap's inability to get the original 2nd down play off, I hold Kap responsible, more than the playcalling, for that series' failure. What a bummer. I think with another year under his belt, Kap would make better decisions on at least one of those plays, so hopefully next year...

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is where timing also factors into a pass. accuracy is the most important, but throwing it on time makes it indefensible.

guess this is what they mean by 'throwing the receiver open'? Kap should improve on this like everything else, with more playing time and experience reading defenses, he should improve.

I dunno to me it's just decision making. He didn't pull the trigger when he should have to Crabtree - and who knows if he even saw Walker standing by himself in the end zone. Kap said he was basically solely focused on Crabtree for that series. Which is bad decision making from the get go. You can't just shut everyone else out like that. and even so he's focused on Crab and fails to throw it to him when he was open! Basically he just didn't make the plays that were right there before him. Another year under his belt and I'd bet he makes the right call. Too bad his inexperience reared its ugly head when we needed a cool head most.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno to me it's just decision making. He didn't pull the trigger when he should have to Crabtree - and who knows if he even saw Walker standing by himself in the end zone. Kap said he was basically solely focused on Crabtree for that series. Which is bad decision making from the get go. You can't just shut everyone else out like that. and even so he's focused on Crab and fails to throw it to him when he was open! Basically he just didn't make the plays that were right there before him. Another year under his belt and I'd bet he makes the right call. Too bad his inexperience reared its ugly head when we needed a cool head most.

:Pulls hair: I hate assigning blame for any of this because all blames are whatifs.

Do you think Crabtree lobbied too much for himself or do you think it was just the required confidence and belief that a receiver should have?

Should the QB be able to, not ignore it, but get out of that favoritism? Or do you like special relationships?

Do you think the coaches should tell him in this situation, this first year, not to audible as I've heard them tell Smith to protect the ball first?

Or is it, like I believed earlier, these type of audibling power that allows for legends and instinctual play?

If there was the holding call made and a Gore on the ensuing 1st and goal, would we be talking about this? No. Now, what if Crabs held on and got the TD, that audible would be legendary for the moment (don't want to overspeak). Obviously, he didn't make the decision based upon being historical, but maybe that audible could have been better than what was called? (We still don't know the original call, do we?)