• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st 7 picks

grunionca911

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wouldn't mind one bit if the niners 1st 7 picks went something like this.

1st: Datone Jones
2nd: Jordan Poyer
3rd A: Da'Rick Rogers
3rd B: Brandon Williams
Poss. 3rd comp: Tyran Mathieu
4th: Levine Toilolo
5th A: Chase Thomas

I think this addresses needs. It might be a little bit of a slide for Thomas and Toilolo can go anywhere i feel between 3-5. What do you guys think?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wouldn't mind one bit if the niners 1st 7 picks went something like this.

1st: Datone Jones
2nd: Jordan Poyer
3rd A: Da'Rick Rogers
3rd B: Brandon Williams
Poss. 3rd comp: Tyran Mathieu
4th: Levine Toilolo
5th A: Chase Thomas

I think this addresses needs. It might be a little bit of a slide for Thomas and Toilolo can go anywhere i feel between 3-5. What do you guys think?

I like it. A third on Mathieu is a little too high though, but being that we have so many picks, I'm okay with an approach of being somewhat agressive in this year's draft.

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind that draft at all, it's different then the one I laid out, but I like it.

I agree that picking honey badger at the end of the third would be a reach. I'd go with David Amerson instead, since he seems to be dropping for some reason, but has the tools to play CB or move to FS. I'd want to pick up Montee Ball or Marcus Lattimore, if Amerson is gone.

grunionca911

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just feel like Mathieu is going to rise a little bit after the combine. I think he is going to perform well and rise on some draft boards if he is still on them.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to get Dustin Hopkins somewhere in the 5th or 6th too.

He has the tools to be a great kicker, a need position for us.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That draft would seriously upset me. Why draft Datone Jones in the first when you can trade a 3rd for Jared Odrick & get a better player?

WAY too high for Mathieu. Some people here say he's 5'6.

Da'Rick Rogers? Meh...

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nfldraftscout has the Honey Badger listed at 5' 8.5"

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That draft would seriously upset me. Why draft Datone Jones in the first when you can trade a 3rd for Jared Odrick & get a better player?

I don't think getting Odrick for a 3rd is as likely as you make it sound. I think that any 3-4 team would make that trade so it's probably closer to a 1st or 2nd round. Is Odrick even on the trade block? I know a beat reporter said he would trade him if he were the GM, but that's all I've ever heard/read.

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read a couple of articles where it mentioned that Miami was planning to trade Odrick after seeing Sick's posts. One writer wrote that they'd plan to trade him even if they can't re-sign Randy Stark, which makes no sense to me.

Anyway, it seems like most teams only pay premium picks for QBs and CBs, so a 3rd rounder might get it done. I'm not sure if he's even on Baalke's radar though.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read a couple of articles where it mentioned that Miami was planning to trade Odrick after seeing Sick's posts. One writer wrote that they'd plan to trade him even if they can't re-sign Randy Stark, which makes no sense to me.

Anyway, it seems like most teams only pay premium picks for QBs and CBs, so a 3rd rounder might get it done. I'm not sure if he's even on Baalke's radar though.

If they really are planning on trading him, I'd definetly kick the tires. The only articles I've read though are going off an article that Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald wrote saying that if he were in charge he would trade Odrick.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I was under the impression the Dolphins were trying to trade him 'cause of the scheme change. Maybe I was wrong...

Either way, Datone Jones would not be good value in the 1st round.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would draft Lattimore with our first of two 3rd round picks. The guy is supposedly making remarkable strides and his talent level and character are too great to pass up. The fact that we theoretically don't need him his rookie year with Frank still answering the bell means that we can redshirt him and allow him to take his time rehabbing.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones is a late second round pick.

My first round pick in order of preference (realisticly available at 31) is:
Hankins
Jenkins
Ertz
Hunter

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henkins to be the NT of the future who can also slide to DE

Jenkins to be that 2 gap space eating NT that will free up 52 and 53 to get to the rb or the qb on blitzes Also means that Smith will get more one on ones and he destroys those.

Ertz to get another great TE on the field who can run block and who can make the big catches. Replaces Walker well on offense.

Hunter to get more plays down the sideline and who I feel is AJ Green light. I think he is the best WR in the draft. And he could be the missing piece at WR. Crabtree across the middle, Jenkins deep and Hunter along the sidelines and on fade routes.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I see more of Sydney Rice in Justin Hunter, except Hunter has a little more potential IMO. He's one of my favourite guys who's considered by most (so far) a high 2nd rounder. That may change after the combine though.

I still prefer Eifert to Ertz.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see more of Sydney Rice in Justin Hunter, except Hunter has a little more potential IMO. He's one of my favourite guys who's considered by most (so far) a high 2nd rounder. That may change after the combine though.

I still prefer Eifert to Ertz.

At one point i saw him as a top 5 pick. He has amazing upside. It would all depend on if SF was the right fit for him or not. I'm not so sure anymore, but i am a lot more excited about the possibility (slim as it may be) of drafting Hunter over some of the other guys being mentioned right now.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people forget that Hunter was coming off a bad ACL tear. Despite that he was the best WR on his team at the end of the season.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We need to get Dustin Hopkins somewhere in the 5th or 6th too.

He has the tools to be a great kicker, a need position for us.

Should 49ers target K Hopkins?
February, 20, 2013 3:25PM ET
By Tom Carpenter | ESPN.com

While taking a look back at the best and worst picks by the San Francisco 49ers over the past five years, ESPN NFC West blogger Mike Sando pegged Colin Kaepernick as their best pick, while also tipping his cap to Aldon Smith and NaVorro Bowman. He then mentioned Chilo Rachal, Taylor Mays and Glen Coffee as poor picks by the Niners before settling on 2008 first-rounder Kentwan Balmer as their worst choice over the past five drafts. For Sando, the jury is still out on 2011 third-rounder Chris Culliver, though.

"Culliver was a success story until his anti-gay comments stirred controversy during Super Bowl week," wrote Sando. "Culliver had a rough Super Bowl. He's a young player with some growing up to do. How will he respond to the unexpected negative turn his career has taken over the past month? I left out 2012 draft choices from this part of the discussion. All verdicts are pending in those cases."

ESPN NFL Insider Bill Polian believes that kicker is the most pressing need for the Niners, who could address that position via the draft, where ESPN NFL Draft Insider Mel Kiper Jr. has Florida State's Dustin Hopkins as the top option:

Bill Polian
Top offseason needs for every team
"It may not be particularly flashy, but upgrading the kicker is probably a high priority for San Francisco."

Mel Kiper Jr.
Top NFL draft prospects by position
"Wire to wire for Hopkins at the top of these rankings. He's accurate and can be a weapon on kickoffs."

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, people see that Hunter's concentration turned to shit and he dropped so many passes it became expected. That is his biggest knock going in to the draft.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't get this at all. IDK