• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1980 NBA Draft Chat Thread

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, just so we can do this the right way in the future should we only have matchups voted on by the league then if there is ever a tie we find a judge?

Ritz was saying Skinsdad might be willing to be a judge, he seems like a fair guy. I think we should vote it, and if there's a tie, use the judge to break it. Or, have the sign ups take 9 teams, and let 8 play and one regular could be the judge. ALSO, that one judge would have the right to make the selection for any team that doesn't leave a list and needs to be skipped

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't seem to locate game 2.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I'll address the Bird Kiki thing... I was pointing out the stats aren't all that they say... I'd take last year broke back Bird over 29.4ppg Kiki... But if one were to look at the stat line you can make a case that it's closer yet it appears nobody did... And they shouldn't because we don't know what each player did against great defense and then vs bums... My guess would be Kiki was up and down, Bird was probably consistent no matter the comp...

Looking at Haywood, those 30/19 stats are gody... But 1 it was ABA stats, 2 you see those numbers drop in the NBA pretty steadily... Which IMO is probably the same situation that Kiki falls in when the competition raises... Which probably falls in line for why he was never an MVP... Not saying he was a scrub but he was not on Cowens level...

Second... It's impossible to find a fail safe system... While I've been bitching and moaning for 2 days, there's really no better system than to let the participants judge... If somebody votes with an agenda they are just dicks... I'm not saying anybody had it out for me, I felt my team was an oversite for a couple of people... I think they felt during the draft they didn't really like my team and without fully examining each team they just threw my team at the bottom and probably only focused on what they believed to be the top 4... The guy that gave me a 9 gave the team that ended dead last an 8, the guy that ended 7 a 7, and the guy that ended 8th a 5... I don't know if that was coincidence, an agenda or just ignorance, I hope it was just coincedence...

At any rate I don't think a ranking elimination is very fair for the reasons above (whether it be agenda, ignorance or just a feeling of irrelevancy to the bottom 4/5)... For the bottom 4/5 to not get a punchers chance at a win kinda sucks after spending the entire draft putting a team together... I can tell you after being the last pick, waiting entire days to pick, still being active then not even getting a chance to face somebody was mostly where my bitching came from... I would like to more of an explanation in the votes... Not just, "team A because they have scoring.." Perhaps 3 points to why you selected a team... Maybe still use the rankings as a matchup tool and to clear up an odd number of teams, such as the #1 ranked team gets a bye... That's just my opinion...

Lastly if you are going to use judges you should have them already... Maybe use them as a tie breaker as somebody suggested... So if there is a tie have a guy on speed dial for each specific sport... That's all I got...:noidea:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WLK... You have been nothing but awesome during every draft you've been in, if someone is voting against you for any reason phuck 'em!

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WLK... You have been nothing but awesome during every draft you've been in, if someone is voting against you for any reason phuck 'em!

Dude don't tell him it's been me.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit that wasn't a PM I sent. Oops I mean I was just joking.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's start PMing for the MLB draft next starting in December which surprisingly isn't to far away.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's start PMing for the MLB draft next starting in December which surprisingly isn't to far away.

Cool, hopefully we can get Smitty and Bums involved with the baseball draft, i'm sure UK and maybe 500 will be in...