• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1880-2000 MLB Semi – Final Game 2

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your 3-4-5 in the lineup is fine... that is not your problem... It is your 1-2... Remember that your 3-4-5 have to hit in somebody...

Rod Carew and Willie mays are LIGHT YEARS better than Billy Butler and Johnny damon... Butler is actually a decent lead off(and probably the best you could have found)but he is nothing special... I would not have batted Damon in the number 2 spot over Chuck Knoblauch... But even with Chucky boy there it would not have helped your team enough...

here is how I would compare both of your offenses, lineup spot to lineup spot

lead off- NOT CLOSE win for Femur
2. NOT CLOSE win for Femur
3. somewhat close Win for Femur
4. VERY CLOSE win for femur
5. close win for WLK
6. NOT CLOSE win for Femur
7. VERY CLOSE win for Femur
8. close win for Femur
9. close win for Femur

I have you having the better offensive player ONLY at the 5 spot, and I have it being close... I have Femur winning the rest of the 8 spots... and with 3 of those wins being a clear landslide...

Even if you want to argue JR to be better than AROD, it is so close that it wont affect anything.

Now, realize, I have separated totally from better player which includes defense with ONLY offense... WE have all admitted your rotation was the best, talking defense is redundant...

BUT with that said, having a non defensive first catcher, is going to also weaken your rotational advantage... In these mocks, if you want to be a pitching first team, you better go all in... Have a better BP, and have better defense...

Thing is, it is much easier to build an offense first team... Going pitcher first is hard, you really need to go all in for it... JMO

Very good insight... I actually was going to start Dick Allen at the 2 but felt a lefty speed guy would be better... as for Catcher, isn't Piazza the worst defensive catcher you can get...? I felt his play would definitely be an advantage with my base runners... I got a lot out of the discussion so I do appreciate the break down...

The biggest thing I got from it though is I'm right and you're still WRONG!!! :sark: