• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

13 uniquely flavored beers

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.buzzfeed.com/h2/fbsp/esquire/uniquely-flavored-beers-that-will-make-you-question-every

which ones have y'all tried?

i've had the Maui Coconut Porter, not bad.

Marooned on Hog Island Oyster Stout, meh

and the Kelpie Seaweed Ale...very good, i had forgotten about this one. If you see it, definitely grab one!

some on there that i definitely will not try...pizza beer, creme brulee :puke:

would like to try the avocado honey (i've thought for a while about using avocado in a batch, this one doesnt use avocado, but it reminded me), and the old bay one for sure

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a big fan of flavored alcohols of any kind.

those all sound revolting to me except the coconut one. i'd try that.

i tried a raspberry one once and had to spit it out.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't tried any of the ones listed, but something similar to two of them I would think.

I've had the Dogfish Head Festina Peche (I'd have to think it's close to the Peach Porch Lounger). I've also had the Flying Dog Pearl Necklace (similar to the 21st Amendment oyster beer?), was not a big fan of that, even though my cousin loved it. She even posted on twitterbook that she loves Pearl Necklace. I was busting out laughing and she didn't understand why it was so funny.

Pearl Necklace Oyster Stout | Flying Dog BreweryFlying Dog Brewery

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't tried any of the ones listed, but something similar to two of them I would think.

I've had the Dogfish Head Festina Peche (I'd have to think it's close to the Peach Porch Lounger). I've also had the Flying Dog Pearl Necklace (similar to the 21st Amendment oyster beer?), was not a big fan of that, even though my cousin loved it. She even posted on twitterbook that she loves Pearl Necklace. I was busting out laughing and she didn't understand why it was so funny.

Pearl Necklace Oyster Stout | Flying Dog BreweryFlying Dog Brewery

yeah, i'ev had that one too...i'm not too big on the oyster stouts

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had about half of those. Some great, like Love Child and Lounger, others god awful like Mama Mia.

One I expected to see on the list is Ghost Face Killah. It's probably the hottest thing I've ever tasted. I couldn't finish a shot glass full of it.

GhostFaceKillahLabel-thumb-550x365.jpg

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me old fashioned, but I'm just a pint & a shot kind of a guy who likes trying different things regularly, but there are only 3 on that list that I'd consider..
The Hemp Blonde Ale, Avocado Honey Ale, and the Garlic Beer.
All the others....meh..no thanks.

:suds:

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Creme Brulee is good. Love me some Southern Tier.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wicked Weed Brewing ran some special brews for their 1 year anniversary party, one of them was a beer base to which they added gummy bears, even dropped one into the glass. Must say, I didn't care for it at all.

Now, they had an Habanero pepper beer that was outstanding, Pepper was added to a Chocolate stout, very nice pairing, was my favorite that night.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wicked Weed Brewing ran some special brews for their 1 year anniversary party, one of them was a beer base to which they added gummy bears, even dropped one into the glass. Must say, I didn't care for it at all.

Now, they had an Habanero pepper beer that was outstanding, Pepper was added to a Chocolate stout, very nice pairing, was my favorite that night.

:puke:

I recently brewed a coconut curry hefeweizen....it was pretty tasty, but weird...and i could only drink one before having to change off

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, shoot, I just realized I have had #9 on that list, at the Funk Asheville event, a benefit event for Prostate Cancer screenings in the WNC mountains here. It was solid, but not the best of the brews there, that fell to the Apricot Sour by Cascade Brewing, followed closely by Gose Gone Wild by Stillwater Brewing.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have tried none of them. The only one I have even seen is the Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout. I would probably try the garlic one, but that would be about it.

jamus34

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I got a vanilla stout that was absolute ass...had to shotgun the last 5 bottles just to get it out of the fridge (I refuse to dump a beer I paid money for ;) )

Right now I have some Cocoa Fuego from DuClaw - chocolate stout with chipoltes...it's interesting...don't taste the pepper until the end; not bad. I actually mis-read the label and thought it said chicory.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A brewer in Sherman makes a coconut beer that is awesome. The state fair this year has funnel cake flavored beer.