• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

13 sack kerrigan not a probowler

Freeforall

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loser teams gets no love. (Williams is a different story) Kerrigan, Jackson, Tress Way, and Darrell Young should have gone. Some might go in as alternates. All we can do is gripe about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its bullshit. He should of made it over Hali, and Matthews. He has the most FF in the league. How does that not count in the pro Bowl voting? The pro bowl is never about the players they select the players on winning teams.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah , look at all those pro bowls Rak backed into eh ? yet a guy like kerrigan should have been one easily

so dont dismiss what rak did as well

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's even more wacky espn came out with top 20 players that got snubb in this years probowl and kerrigan was not on that list either my'god what does he have to do

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about discounting what Orakpo did but mostly what it shows is it is a popularity contest and has nothing to do with how good you are. Kerrigan has 2 1/2 more sacks than Orakpo ever had, he has 5 FF fumbles (Orakpo has 6 for his career) so comparing what they have done is kind of silly.

Hali making the Pro Bowl over Kerrigan is a joke and supports what I said earlier. Actually Trent making it is a joke. I love Trent but do to injury he probably had his worst year in years and he still made the Pro Bowl. It isn't a reward for how good you are but instead for how popular you are.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the point sportster is dont dismiss what Rak did as far as pro bowls and call his getting in a popularity contest yet dont apply that to kerrigan

kerrigan has one pro bowl and most likely will get 2 this year after it all shakes out hence his pro bowls should not be dismissed either to suit one's purposes in a debate

Rak made 3 pro bowls , period , and his should not be tarnished either to suit some ones purposes in a debate .

kerrigan is a great player and rak has played at a high level for us for a long time as both their stats , and pro bowls attest too

3 pro bowls for a 13th overall in 6 years is pretty good as is 2 in 4 years is pretty darn good for a 16th overall

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And my point is that it is nice when a guy gets an alternate choice because someone else backed out or was injured but you would tend to think being voted in is what really counts. Kerrigan said that himself. Yeah Kerrigan went before but he was an alternate. He is at or close to just about every statisiical category for his position. This year he should have been selected based on his play. Orakpo tweeted he got snubbed and called it popularity contest also.

You like to wave the alternate Pro Bowls around and that is fine. I see them as you weren't really picked but someone backed out so you got in. To each his own. :suds:

All that being said being named All Pro is probably the highest honor.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter. It's just an exhibition game. As Redskins fans, we all should be happy to have a pass-rusher to have the most sacks in one season, since Ken Harvey's 13.5 in 1994. Kerrigan does everything well. He's not only a good pass-rusher, but a good LB, overall. When he was drafted, I worried if he'd be able to make a good transition to OLB. He's done it with flying colors and will just get better.