• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't the Flyers going after him pretty hard when he came out of college as a free agent?

Yep. Read a few articles, sounds like he had a good rookie season in Minnesota, sucked for a couple years, then had a decent bounce back season last year with the Kings. I’m good with it until he plays more games than Sanheim next year and it’s not because Sanheim is hurt.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks as if Karlsson is heading to TB. How in the world can they afford him with that all star roster?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks as if Karlsson is heading to TB. How in the world can they afford him with that all star roster?
They have to be putting all their marbles in a can for a title shot, I would have to assume any deal with him now would cripple TB for a few years. Be interesting to see what a team ends up giving up for him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya the Bolts are going to be a problem if they get Karlsson too. Hedman, Karlsson, and McDonagh? Best defense in the league easy. To go with a potent offense and a great goalie.. yikes.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB has 22 signed and $3.4 mill cap space. Decent money coming off the books next year. Their goalies actually take up less space than ours.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya the Bolts are going to be a problem if they get Karlsson too. Hedman, Karlsson, and McDonagh? Best defense in the league easy. To go with a potent offense and a great goalie.. yikes.
Very soft team....looks good but doesn't always work.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just Las.. :dhd:

You smoke Las's pipe?

seinfeld-not-that-theres-anything-wrong-with-that-gif-3.gif

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@awaz What is it going to take for us to land Panarin? Would he be a good fit for our team, and is it going to be to expensive to acquire his services? I think if we didn't give up a big part of our core right now, he pushes us pretty close to a cup, goal tending still being the determining factor. Can we win games consistently outscoring other teams?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Lyon given a new contract yesterday. Two years at $750k per. It makes you wonder where he fits in with Hart on the way and Stolarz still yet to be signed. Plenty of goalies here in the pipeline.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Lyon given a new contract yesterday. Two years at $750k per. It makes you wonder where he fits in with Hart on the way and Stolarz still yet to be signed. Plenty of goalies here in the pipeline.

Hextall seems to be content with Lyon, Stolarz, and Hart all in LV at least to start the season. Everything he's said/done leads me to believe he's signing Stolarz too. I figure he's just planning on splitting time 3 ways in LV until Neuvirth gets hurt. Then whoever is playing better at the time between Stolarz/Lyon will get called up.

Things are going to get real screwy in 2019/20 when Sandstrom comes over too. Unless he plans on using Lyon in an NHL role that season.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention the fact that Stolarz can't seem to stay healthy and that Elliot exhibited signs of age catching up with him and his body breaking down. I suspect even these 5 might not be enough for 4 spots, so I'm not concerned about carrying 5 to start. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Stolarz starting the season in Reading in order to get the playing time he needs to regain his form and show he can stay healthy.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@awaz What is it going to take for us to land Panarin? Would he be a good fit for our team, and is it going to be to expensive to acquire his services? I think if we didn't give up a big part of our core right now, he pushes us pretty close to a cup, goal tending still being the determining factor. Can we win games consistently outscoring other teams?

It's hard because he's only signed for this season. So I look at rental type trades. To make it easy, i'm looking at deadline deals over the past 10+ years, Hossa from the Thrashers to the Pens seems like the closest match. One of the best forwards in the game at the time, last year of his contract so there was some uncertainty about his future.

Pens gave up:
Colby Armstrong - 25 yrs, putting up .44ppg that season
Erik Christensen - 24 yrs, putting up .40ppg that season
1st Round pick
Angelo Esposito - #20 overall pick the year prior, had been though of as a possible top 5 pick at the time; probably Pittsburgh's best prospect at the time.

They also got Dupuis in the deal which obviously ended up being meaningful, but he had 34 pts in 133 games (.26ppg) over his last 4 seasons at the time.

Given that they'd actually get a full season of Panarin instead of just a half-season, the return would probably need to be a little better. Blue Jackets were 17th in GF/G last season and 8th in GA/G, so they're probably looking offense. I also expect they're looking a little less at the future and more at now help.

I think the obvious starting point would be Simmonds, but does Columbus want to replace one risk with another? If I were them, I wouldn't. If I'm playing the risk game, I might as well keep Panarin, he's better than Simmonds by a significant margin. With that assumption, I'd then ask for Voracek if I were Columbus. He's averaged .85ppg to Panarin's .96ppg over the past 3 seasons. You replace a good bit of his production. Voracek is 2 years older and a little less productive, so I want more than just Voracek. And rather than a 1st round pick, i'm looking for something quicker. I ask for Frost and Voracek for Panarin.

If the Flyers balked at that, as Columbus, my focus would be on Konecny as the main piece. He's under team control for a bit, he's got a lot of potential and managed .58ppg last season. I think Konecny is equivalent to Armstrong and Christensen going back to the Hossa deal. 1st rounder for 1st rounder is easy. And I would say replacing Esposito has got to be Frost, Farabee, or Sanheim. Not knowing CBJ's prospect pool well, but feeling like their D isn't great behind Jones/Werenski, i'd go Sanheim. So Konecny, Sanheim, and a 1st.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I don't think I'd do either of those if I were the Flyers. If Hart was up and performing well as a starting NHL goalie, I would consider it. Panarin is a top 5 winger in the league right now and would be a good add, but it's not offense that the Flyers need right now. Sending multiple pieces to add more offense doesn't make sense for them right now IMO.

I'd take the Flyers presumed top 6 this season over most teams in the NHL at this point.

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
JvR-Patrick-Voracek

Is a damn good top 6. If they were going to make a big splash in the trade market, I would've looked on D for that. Dougie Hamilton could've been a good splashy add (though he apparently/maybe has character concerns and that's a no go for Hextall). They probably could've built something around Simmonds and Sanheim that would've worked (instead of Hannifin and Lindholm the Flames got from Carolina)

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an FYI to all of the soccer predictions only my pick Belgium is left. They have a tough one against France.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention the fact that Stolarz can't seem to stay healthy and that Elliot exhibited signs of age catching up with him and his body breaking down. I suspect even these 5 might not be enough for 4 spots, so I'm not concerned about carrying 5 to start. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Stolarz starting the season in Reading in order to get the playing time he needs to regain his form and show he can stay healthy.
Could a Hart and a Lyon be the future in Philly’s crease?