• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reinhart is the guy I mentioned about this season at the trade deadline. I would absolutely friggin love to get him. Sabres will probably want some vets I would imagine to play with the young core they have.
Why would we make our team better at the deadline when we were leading our division in points at the time that makes too much sense. (sarcasm noted)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be interesting to see what we would have to give up for him.

Reading through old articles around the deadline the talk was Sanheim, Morin, Hagg, or Myers as a starting point.

Bit of a steep price to pay, but might be worth it in this case. At some point they'll probably move one of the big d-men for forward help, is Reinhart the guy to pull that trigger on? I like his versatility to play C or W and provide secondary scoring. Looks like he's not much to shake a stick at defensively and can play a little soft despite his size. But if he can come in, fill the 3C role until Frost is ready for it (hopefully 2019-20), then move to a top 6 W spot, he might be just the guy they need.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading through old articles around the deadline the talk was Sanheim, Morin, Hagg, or Myers as a starting point.

Bit of a steep price to pay, but might be worth it in this case. At some point they'll probably move one of the big d-men for forward help, is Reinhart the guy to pull that trigger on? I like his versatility to play C or W and provide secondary scoring. Looks like he's not much to shake a stick at defensively and can play a little soft despite his size. But if he can come in, fill the 3C role until Frost is ready for it (hopefully 2019-20), then move to a top 6 W spot, he might be just the guy they need.
I would think we should be able to get more for one of our young defensemen than a third line center so if that's what they want i agree it might not be worth it. However we do have to trade one or more of the young D as we wont be able to afford all of them once they hit the NHL if they turn out to be as good as advertised . Its just a question of what we could get for them.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think we should be able to get more for one of our young defensemen than a third line center so if that's what they want i agree it might not be worth it. However we do have to trade one or more of the young D as we wont be able to afford all of them once they hit the NHL if they turn out to be as good as advertised . Its just a question of what we could get for them.

Well I think the goal is get to the point where a guy like Reinhart and his 25G/25A (hopefully more as he gains experience and plays on a good team) is your 3C. He was a former 2nd overall pick and is only 22, so he's not a slouch in terms of potential either.

May all be a moot point. It made more sense from a Sabres perspective before they won the Dahlin lottery. He'll immediately jump in and probably be on their top pair next year as an 18 year old (according to the stuff I read). Takes some of the 'need' away from acquiring a young dman.

Sabres are starting to put together a nice little core. They're going to be strong up the middle with Eichel, Middlestadt, and O'Reilly. Ristolainen and Dahlin will make a good/great top pair.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will never know but since we kicked the Caps ass all season long i can dream.
I would guarantee we wouldn't have beaten the Caps if they somehow managed to get passed Pittsburgh. Couturier on one leg and Provorov with 1 arm, not happening...

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would guarantee we wouldn't have beaten the Caps if they somehow managed to get passed Pittsburgh. Couturier on one leg and Provorov with 1 arm, not happening...
Highly unlikely chance that we would've lost i could see, but a guarantee? :scratch: Ive heard a lot of guarantees about Vegas also. So like i said well never know.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think the goal is get to the point where a guy like Reinhart and his 25G/25A (hopefully more as he gains experience and plays on a good team) is your 3C. He was a former 2nd overall pick and is only 22, so he's not a slouch in terms of potential either.

May all be a moot point. It made more sense from a Sabres perspective before they won the Dahlin lottery. He'll immediately jump in and probably be on their top pair next year as an 18 year old (according to the stuff I read). Takes some of the 'need' away from acquiring a young dman.

Sabres are starting to put together a nice little core. They're going to be strong up the middle with Eichel, Middlestadt, and O'Reilly. Ristolainen and Dahlin will make a good/great top pair.
I really like that kid Middlestadt and yes they are putting a formidable team together while being young.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok you bored sicko's, heres the scenario. You get to package Frost and a 1st round pick for someone on the market. Who do you go after and why? What makes that player worth it?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok you bored sicko's, heres the scenario. You get to package Frost and a 1st round pick for someone on the market. Who do you go after and why? What makes that player worth it?
Nathan McKinnon, he is big and fast and skilled and has a little mean streak he recently added to his game.

Last edited:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could we not get it done with Frost. According to posters he is the second coming of Jesus.

Nobody has said that at any point about any of our prospects. Hart is an elite goalie prospect. Frost is a good 1C/2C prospect. I don't think hyperbole helps the feud!

Frost and a 1st.. Since 3C is a major gap in the organization and you'd be losing their best hope at a homegrown C to give the Flyers great depth at C, I think i'd look for a C. The goal is to have a 1C and two 2C's IMO. Giving up a young guy and a 1st, i'd want it to be a young C with potential to get better, with either a good contract or still on an RFA deal.

So i'm looking at the list..
Monahan - possible?
Schiefle - no way the jets deal him
MacKinnon - no way the avs deal him
Nugent-Hopkins - not sold on him
Barkov - possible?
Seguin - no way the stars deal him
Horvat - no way the Canucks deal him
Wennberg - possible
Barzal - god I wish. no way the isles move him
Point - possible?
Keller - Doubt the Coyotes move him
Larkin - possible?

So we've got:
Monahan (23) - 6.375 hit through 2023, high but perhaps manageable .86ppg
Wennberg (23) - 4.9 hit through 2023, solid contract, point production is a little low though, a little over .5 ppg
Larkin (21) - RFA this season. He could be an interesting target regardless. .76ppg on a terrible Wings team
Point (22) - RFA in 2019. .8 ppg in a breakout season this year.
Barkov (22) - 5.9 hit through 2022, 1.0 ppg plus great defensively

I think Monahan is maybe a little too expensive for too long.

Larkin depends on what the wings are trying to do. Do they try to go for 'competitive' in the next 2-3 years. If so, they probably build around Larkin. Are they looking longer term, 5+ years? If so, they'd probably be better off moving him while his value is high and getting more future stuff.

Barkov, the Panthers would be idiots to move him. He's awesome and his contract is great. But with their history, who knows, maybe they'll give us Barkov to as part of a Luongo salary dump or something. They're not smart.

So that puts my targets at Point and Wennberg and I think Point is the better player.

tldr; Brayden Point

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody has said that at any point about any of our prospects. Hart is an elite goalie prospect. Frost is a good 1C/2C prospect. I don't think hyperbole helps the feud!

Frost and a 1st.. Since 3C is a major gap in the organization and you'd be losing their best hope at a homegrown C to give the Flyers great depth at C, I think i'd look for a C. The goal is to have a 1C and two 2C's IMO. Giving up a young guy and a 1st, i'd want it to be a young C with potential to get better, with either a good contract or still on an RFA deal.

Monahan - possible?
Barkov - possible?
Wennberg - possible
Point - possible?
Larkin - possible?

So we've got:
Wennberg (23) - 4.9 hit through 2023, solid contract, point production is a little low though, a little over .5 ppg
Larkin (21) - RFA this season. He could be an interesting target regardless. .76ppg on a terrible Wings team

Larkin depends on what the wings are trying to do. Do they try to go for 'competitive' in the next 2-3 years. If so, they probably build around Larkin. Are they looking longer term, 5+ years? If so, they'd probably be better off moving him while his value is high and getting more future stuff.

Barkov, the Panthers would be idiots to move him. He's awesome and his contract is great. But with their history, who knows, maybe they'll give us Barkov to as part of a Luongo salary dump or something. They're not smart.

So that puts my targets at Point and Wennberg and I think Point is the better player.

tldr; Brayden Point
Lol I did read it all, good post. I would love to see something go down with Seguin but you're probably right that they wont deal him, Barzol would be an interesting aquisition maybe doable but stupid on the Isles part.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Monahan - possible?
Barkov - possible?
Wennberg - possible
Point - possible?
Larkin - possible?

So we've got:

tldr; Brayden Point
This is a very long post with lost of good points. Most of what you have said here is why Tampa would not let Point go so why would we get him?

As far as the feud i could care less about helping or hindering the feud.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a very long post with lost of good points. Most of what you have said here is why Tampa would not let Point go so why would we get him?

As far as the feud i could care less about helping or hindering the feud.

Well Tampa has an embarrassingly good situation. Yzerman is a monster.

At center they have:

Stamkos - 8.5 through 2024
Johnson - 5 through 2024
Gourde - 1 through 2020
Paquette - RFA next summer
Cirelli - RFA 2021
Point - RFA 2020
Miller - RFA 2019

They're so stacked at center they can afford to move one of these guys for help further down the road, like a Frost. Who can come in in a year or two with an ELC that goes to 2023. Basically move talent that will get expensive quickly, for talent that will get expensive slowly. And pick up an additional 1st in the process potentially.

Looking at them though, they'd probably hold out for a defensive prospect instead. McDonagh, Stralman, Coburn, and Girardi all hit UFA in 2020.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Tampa has an embarrassingly good situation. Yzerman is a monster.

At center they have:

Stamkos - 8.5 through 2024
Johnson - 5 through 2024
Gourde - 1 through 2020
Paquette - RFA next summer
Cirelli - RFA 2021
Point - RFA 2020
Miller - RFA 2019

They're so stacked at center they can afford to move one of these guys for help further down the road, like a Frost. Who can come in in a year or two with an ELC that goes to 2023. Basically move talent that will get expensive quickly, for talent that will get expensive slowly. And pick up an additional 1st in the process potentially.

Looking at them though, they'd probably hold out for a defensive prospect instead. McDonagh, Stralman, Coburn, and Girardi all hit UFA in 2020.

This is where we want the Flyers to get to in the next couple of years. As the prospects roll in, they'll be so deep and in such good shape cap wise, that they have this flexibility. They can move good young players for good futures (PLUS draft picks) without hurting the on-ice product. They can make a big trade a la JT Smith and McDonagh, take on their salary, and utilize these non-rental vets to move their good young guys for good prospects and more draft picks in the next offseason. Replenishing what they lost in the Smith/McDonagh deadline deal.

1. Deadline deal adds Smith/McDonagh for Howden (good prospect), Nemestnikov (depth roster player), 1st round pick
2. Team is STACKED for the playoff run, using Miller and McDonagh as well as Point (for example)
3. In the summer, they can move Point for Frost (good prospect) and a first to replace what they lost in the deadline deal
4. First half of the season Smith fills the first half of Point's 2017-18 season. Plus you have McDonagh
5. 2019 deadline you have two first round picks and Frost as trade chips and you can start the whole cycle over again.

That's why drafting well, and hording draft picks, sets you up so well. Once you get to where the Bolts are now, as long as you manage everything right, you just keep that cycle going and keep making runs at the cup. Get strongest at the deadline, weaken a bit in the offseason, grow in the first half of the season, get strongest at the deadline, make a run again.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will never know but since we kicked the Caps ass all season long i can dream.

I agree with you dude.....

Just one season, one time, everyone can stay healthy and with Hexy being able to use the wallet to grab some talent......
This could be the season it gets put in place.