• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#1 Seed in AFC

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying the defense is bad, or even mediocre. They are good. But, you have to admit that they have benefited from playing some absolutely horrific offenses lately. Browns twice, Rams, and Ben is notoriously poor upon returning from injury.

This has helped in terms of scoring defense, where they lead the NFL at 16.3 PPG, but statistically, in overall defense they are ranked 10th allowing 337.6 yards a game, 13th in passing yards, and 9th in rushing yards allowed. Overall, Denver, Carolina, Arizona, Dallas, Houston, NYJ, Tenn and TB all allow fewer yards per game. Now, the end result of course is points allowed, which again they are 1st, but this is where I was pointing to playing against offenses that can't even get out of their own way to score.

I was just point that out, and along with the secondary injury concerns, the matchup this week against Pitt in the passing game, since facing a similar offense in Arizona, the Bengals gave up 30+ points and nearly 400 yards of offense including not being able to stop them from getting into FG range. Really, that drive was way, way too easy for Palmer.

Where the Bengals do excel is pressuring the QB. That will be the key, as I said before. Containing Ben, not allowing broken plays to unfold down field with him escaping the pocket, and when they have the chance to do so, they must bring him down and not allow him to slip out of sacks.

Browns had the #11 offense for a while. I prefer to correlate the success of the defense with the return of Burfict and his leadership on the field. :)

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns had the #11 offense for a while. I prefer to correlate the success of the defense with the return of Burfict and his leadership on the field. :)
No doubt that helps. He's big in the run game.

Problem this week is that without Jones at CB (rumored to be out with foot injury) this team is going to struggle to contain the steeler WR's. Going to put more pressure on the offense to really drain the clock, and keep their offense off the field.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need to get Alford involved in the return game, get Tate off the roster and add some depth to the secondary.