• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1/4 of the season done

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would probably roll with that same lineup they had going today most of the time. Lions should be fine with Ebron and Pettigrew at TE and CJ, Tate, Broyles, Fuller and Ross at WR. Broyles offers more between the 20's.

Fauria when back in red zone and a Broyles between 20's.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see the wins on the back of the defense as opposed to the offense. Very impressive that the offense is averaging 25.5 points per game in a brand new offense and one game basically without Calvin. Can't wait till he gets healthy and Stafford gets a full grip of the offense. Should push that number closer to 30ppg towards the end of the year.

If I had anything to bitch about it would be Bell sucking balls this year and Tulloch blowing his knee out on some corny celebration. At least blow your knee out on a cool dance move or something. One other thing I noticed is Slay is a classic cover corner. Can cover like a beast but wants nooooo part of any contact on running plays. Fine by me, we needed a cover corner badly.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at what the defense is doing against fantasy players:

Victor Cruz 2.4 pts against Lions, 11.2 pt avg other 3 weeks

Jordy Nelson 5.9 pts against Lions, 19.3 pt avg other 3 weeks

Kelvin Benjamin 4.6 pts against Lions, 15.4 pts other 3 weeks

Well Jets don't really have big fantasy stars, Decker and Ivory had so-so days, all in all remember times in the past when you would start average players if they were playing against the Lions? Now its "be weary" if you got us on the schedule!

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and did anyone else notice that on the Ross TD Fuller was actually more open? Would've been a TD to either

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and did anyone else notice that on the Ross TD Fuller was actually more open? Would've been a TD to either

Say it ain't so that two guys were open at same time. Shit don't happen round here. Trustme when I tell you this...

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say it ain't so that two guys were open at same time. Shit don't happen round here. Trustme when I tell you this...

Stupid thing that pissed me off is why throw it to an open receiver down the field for a td? Ebron was a first round pick. Boosting his stats should be priority number one.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see the wins on the back of the defense as opposed to the offense. Very impressive that the offense is averaging 25.5 points per game in a brand new offense and one game basically without Calvin. Can't wait till he gets healthy and Stafford gets a full grip of the offense. Should push that number closer to 30ppg towards the end of the year.

If I had anything to bitch about it would be Bell sucking balls this year and Tulloch blowing his knee out on some corny celebration. At least blow your knee out on a cool dance move or something. One other thing I noticed is Slay is a classic cover corner. Can cover like a beast but wants nooooo part of any contact on running plays. Fine by me, we needed a cover corner badly.

We must be seeing something else entirely, because Slay has been excellent so far this year guarding the boundry against the run. Maybe there was a particular play yesterday that I missed where he looked like he shied away from contact or something, because he's been pretty damn physical for a CB so far this season. He wrecked Eddie Lacy last week when Lacy tried to leap over him...

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We must be seeing something else entirely, because Slay has been excellent so far this year guarding the boundry against the run. Maybe there was a particular play yesterday that I missed where he looked like he shied away from contact or something, because he's been pretty damn physical for a CB so far this season. He wrecked Eddie Lacy last week when Lacy tried to leap over him...

Slay has been caught going for the strip before locking up the tackle. I like that he is going for the strip but it needs to be 2nd priority. Slay will be fine. I'm sure the staff will be in his ear about tackling first and going for the ff second.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, so good. Kinda the opposite of why I had thought we would win, but I'll take it. We only have room to grow if the offense can click like the previous couple of years. Still a bit nervous, though.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest concern is the number of sacks and hits the line gave up. Waddle will improve the right side but the Lions are a 1/4 of the way into the season and depth has been exposed as an issue on the line and in the secondary.

It's a 12 game season now and the Lions still have to play the Vikings twice and Buffalo. This is shaping up to be a solid season. But I have to keep reminding myself that the Lions have done this before.

Although I am glad Detroit has kicked New Yorks ass so far! One more win vs Buffalo and we have the trifecta vs the Empire State.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings are divisional games so never confident in those. with them and Bills staying healthy on our front seven going forward should make them one dimensional. That is weird that I fell confident against anybody's pass game.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have to agree with Gandy here. Personally, I think Stafford has something against Ebron. How else can you explain only getting 12 balls thrown your way thru 4 games? A player that is open as often as Ebron should be getting the ball more.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides the illegal contact penalty by mathis that lead to a jets TD they made no big mistakes. I didnt see much contact on that penalty either. The kicker missed a long FG, but many kickers would miss that.

Yeah that was a bullshit call. The Jets should have been punting. I think it was Moose Johnston, when watching the replay... they were both silent for a couple of seconds. Then Johnston said some crap about how the refs have been emphasizing that call in preseason and calling it close. Just a ridiculous call. The missed FG wasn't bad but he missed it badly. He still just has to be better than Freese.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to be mad at a 50 yard miss when he hit one.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to mention......fuck Ashlee Palmer. Liability in coverage. Barely want him for depth purposes, let alone a starter.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest concern is the number of sacks and hits the line gave up. Waddle will IMPROVE the right side but the Lions are a 1/4 of the way into the season and depth has been exposed as an issue on the line and in the secondary.

I'm not sure if there is much to be concerned about with the sacks. We have had to use a 3rd string tackle on the right side and teams are taking advantage of it, as any team would. They also had to face one of the best defensive fronts this past game, so you won't see many teams with that type of talent up front.

Depth has been an issue with the Lions since Mayhew had to clear house when he took over. He was left with very bare cupboards when he took over. A team would have to have multiple great drafts in a row to add the depth the Lions needed at multiple positions. They have done a nice job at a handful of positions, but Detroit needed it almost everywhere, so they are going to be thin and some positions.

I give Mayhew and Austin props for what they have done with the secondary thus far. I don't know if this is going to be the norm or if teams just haven't been able to figure out what type of defense the Lions will be running or what? They have been tremendous, even though they have lost 2 nickelbacks, their starting MLB, had to use their 3rd string safety as a starter for a couple games and the guy they drafted to be the OLB hasn't played all year.

I couldn't tell you the last time I said I was excited to watch the Lions defense, but I am enjoying getting to see them on the field.

As far as depth goes -- I think you will see much more of that added in the upcoming drafts.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, maybe it was one play. There was a running play where he could of helped make a tackle but shied away. Wasn't one on one where he missed or anything. He is really what the Lions have been lacking on defense. Along with Quin who I am starting to like more and more, every time I watch him play. The guy is simply all over the field. Not to mention Mathis being very solid. It would be nice if that Couplin kid could develop into a star. He has those elite measureables.

Just to jump ship a little bit, I said pay Suh whatever he wants. Not if it's more than JJ Watt. Suh just simply isn't on his level. Or anyone for that matter.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slay has been caught going for the strip before locking up the tackle. I like that he is going for the strip but it needs to be 2nd priority. Slay will be fine. I'm sure the staff will be in his ear about tackling first and going for the ff second.

Ah yes- forgot about that one, that was ugly. That doesn't sum up his play against the run so far at all, though, just a bad decision at full-speed. On the whole he's been very aggressive against the run, imo.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah yes- forgot about that one, that was ugly. That doesn't sum up his play against the run so far at all, though, just a bad decision at full-speed. On the whole he's been very aggressive against the run, imo.

I was referring to his overall play. I haven't seen him shy away from contact yet. I'll be watching for it now though.