• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I gave up my season tiks. The last two years at the ballpark have been dreadful. CBP is a nice ballpark n all, but Philly don't sell out stadiums for losing and/or .500 teams(well Unless you're the flyers). The Phillies have to realize that this team is old news. And soon, CBP will be old news as well if they don't get rid of the dead weight.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well stated Four4four. Some knucklehead in the league office considers Amaro commish material? What weed is that dude smoking?

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spot on. most of the old heads have actually done fairly well this year, but i think everyone is tired of seeing them (minus utley.) it's just boring as fuck watching them, win or lose. i don't know if i've watched a full game since week 1 of the season. they became much more interesting towards the end of last year with guys like hernandez leading off, ruf batting 4th and asche 6th. if this were the lineup.. i'd be more than happy to watch..

rollins - SS
utley - 2nd
franco - 3rd/1st
ruf - left
asche - 1st/3rd
byrd - right
hernandez - center
rupp - catcher

you can't keep playing howard just because he makes money. it's detrimental to the team and attendance. brown is not a starter, or much of anything, unfortunately. chooch is still a really good player who could net something decent in return.

maybe you cycle the positions next year. asche in the outfield, franco back to 3rd and ruf to 1st.

but it's pointless to even discuss. they won't bench or trade players in a futile attempt to stay "competitive" .. when in reality, at the very least, the younger players can do exactly what the team is currently doing now.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that we need to give other guys playing time. Today Mayberry is starting in left field while Ruf sits on the bench. Ruf should at least be inserted at 1st base while Howard gets a rest today. But it is not happening. There is no way that Ruf will produce while being treated like a stepchild. He has not started two games in a row since being called up. A total waste of a power hitter.