• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Youth on team

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just amazing to realize how many rookies we have in this squad.
Read
Courts
Shenn
Rinaldo
all playing regular shifts
bobs second year
Vorochek i belive is in 3rd year

all this and a very very solid core in Giroux,JVR,Briere,Jagr,Hartnell
This team is built amazingly for the present and the future
Homer deserves alot of credit

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Rinaldo is only playing regular shifts BECAUSE he is a dirt cheap rookie. Not complaining about the guy - I think he has good pest potential - but we are just under the cap and entry level contracts are the big reason why that statement has the word "under" in it. It'll be interesting to see who gets paid and how much in the coming years.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Zac is playing because every time when he touches the ice shit happens.

Whether it's a scoring play or running a guy over.....the kids name gets called on almost every shift.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rinaldo is a contributor and the team responds/plays better when he is dressed. The record bears that out.

The real eye openers are Couts and Read. Neither was really slated to make the team going into training camp. Having them make the team created some of the cap issues that lead to the "demotion" of Shenn in the first place. Hopefully once Shenn is healthy and actual logical line combinations get worked out he too will be a contributor...then really look out.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep agreed and I'm sure that will happen this team will be stupid sick by the allstar break....

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me rephrase what I said. I agree that Rinaldo is good for the team and has earned his roster spot. That said, coming into the season, I'm pretty sure he was more a body to play rather than somebody we were really excited about. If he were the same guy but 3 years older and off his rookie contract, we'd have gone another direction. So far this year, however, he's certainly earned his spot.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy who I think is going to be amazing is Couturier.
The guy has the smarts already. Now when he grows into that body and realizes how big he is. Its lights out.
He is going to be scary good

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy who I think is going to be amazing is Couturier.
The guy has the smarts already. Now when he grows into that body and realizes how big he is. Its lights out.
He is going to be scary good

Love the kid already he's accepted any role given to him and excelled...not many 18 year olds can do that. Yep sure would love to have broken foot Carts back instead....sike! : )