• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your favorite memory of a game at the Stick

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK the Catch is the easy one. Give me another game or moment that you remember like it was yesterday.

For me it was the 1988 season when the 49ers played the Vikings in the playoffs . Revenge for the heartbreaking 1987 loss to the Vikings. I got good seats around the 40 yrd line lower reserved about half way up. Perfect and Craig broke a long 80 run to clinch the blowout. The 49ers only went 10-6 that year went on to crush the Bears in Chicago and then beat Cincinnati in the SB.

The best part of the memory was when after the Vikings game which was Walsh's last game as coach at the Stick the team carried him off the field. I knew right then he was going to retire after the season.

If you never went to the Stick give me a favorite memory from watching on TV or radio.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have only been to 3 games and two of them were last year. I went to the first ever meeting with the Panthers back in the day. It was memorable because my dad never wanted to go to a game so it was a HUGE deal. We had the entire weekend as just the guys and he showed me around where he grew up in SF. We got to the game and I saw Jerry Rice (my idol, I used to study his game tape when I was young and I ran, caught, did everything like him) pull up and he waved to us. Then I got to see him play for the only time in person. The Niners lost a frustrating game (Young didn't play) but it was still a great memory. Probably the most memorable moment from the trip was my dad blasting No Diggity by Blackstreet and singing it in the car when I had no idea he even knew that song existed.

Then last year I got to see Kap make history against the Packers in the playoffs. My girlfriend (Packers fan) was pregnant with my daughter at the time and I had already demanded the baby be a Niners fan. Every time the Niners scored I screamed into her belly. She now watches every game with me... although I turned off the Seahawks game pretty early because I didn't want to hurt the kid on accident.

I want to go to the last game vs Atlanta this year, but if they end up with a home playoff game I would rather go to that because it will truly be the last game at the Stick.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1976 ,up from Playa del Rey to visit the grandparents. My grandfather took me to my very first pro game of any kind at the Stick. Jim Plunkett was the QB for part of the game, Randy Cross the rookie center. 9ers got beat down 23 to 3 if I remember. Still had a winning season and the experience is one I will never forget. I became a 9er fan on that day.

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On TV: Hearst's walk off 96 yard TD run against the Jets in OT, The catch II with TO and Young against the packers, Alex Smith against the saints in the playoffs, Frank Gore's 79 and 80 yard TD runs in one game against the seahawks, all the time the packers beat the 49ers in the playoffs in the 90's because I was so fucking livid after each one.

In person: Jim Harbaugh's first 49ers/NFL game, Kapernick against the packers in the playoffs (most entertained i've been at a football game), 2002 playoffs against the Giants with the come from behind win.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
39-38 over the Giants in the playoffs. Candlestick was a rockin' place that day

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First game in 84 versus the Saints. Went with my dad. That Joe Montana guy was pretty good.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My best experience was going to my first Monday Night game with my Dad at the Stick. 49ers v.s Raiders and watching Jerry Rice Beat Jim Brown's TD record.

Awh memories, still have the ticket too.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants-Braves.....day night double header