• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your current grade for the Lions 2015 off season is...

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure if Miami can not get Suh to restructure next year, it will be bad having 23.8 cap hit. They pull it off somehow without kicking the can. Having Suh cost 6.1 against the cap this year and ungodly amount next year is not my thoughts.

Veteran OL can be had for a about 2-3 million hit this season and have a higher number next year.
How to structure it? Not sure I can do all that properly. ( still learning and don't want to speak as I if understand it completely) The more I keep reading how these contracts from other players around league are structured, the more I learn and more I am buying into Meows thoughts of Lewands idiotic ways.
Gandy, when you say veteran offensive lineman at 2-3 million...I hear career backup or washed up has been. If thats the case...lets roll with what we have or through the draft.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely disagree. That article was an "I'm Sorry" fluff piece that came on the heals of them bashing on both Millenhew and LewAAnd for the poor cap mgmt they have done. The author simply realized that he needs a good working relationship with those guys and didn't want to be on their bad side.

It's the lack of vision and restructures that killed this team and their choice to use that tool vs examining the roster itself first for options find the $. There were true duds and players of very marginal value that could have been replaced with younger, much cheaper talent who offered upside. Those duds should have been released. That is where you first look to free up the cash.

Players like Tulloch and J. Jones are actually far better than many of the losers we kept on the roster. And many of them were kept under situations exactly like both Tulloch and Jones right now. Jones is an FA next season and if they keep Tulloch and pay him what his contract is then I'm fucking done with this team because they aren't ever going to win anything because the incompetence level is so staggeringly high from ownership on down we have no chance.

The Suh deal was affordable for the Lions. It could have been done. Not at an average of $19m simply because that is stupid beyond belief but they had their chance last year or even early in the negotiations this offseason I think that deal gets done. If that would have meant that you cut Tulloch then so be it. That would have been the right business decision, and a smart one. Suh > Tulloch by a staggering amount. Whitehead = Tulloch, pretty close in my opinion. Add in the uncertainty of Tulloch is coming off ACL surgery and its a no brainer when he's got one more year on the roster and that's it barring a big pay reduction.

This front office simply does not get it and both of The Clown Show have been around long enough to prove they have learned jack shit from their mistakes and will keep right on making them.

I need to see Whitehead have 5 or 6, 100+ tackle seasons before I say he is somewhat = to Tulloch.

How is Suh at 17 million a season reasonable but 19 million, stupid beyond belief? What is a couple million amongst friends?

Yes, Suh is better than Tulloch but Suh is getting almost 20 million and Tulloch is being paid 5. Sounds about right.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember Bill Lazor. He was the guy the Lions really wanted as OC. He turned them down.'

Then he took the OC job in Miami.

The Lions ended up w shitty ass Lombardi.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember Bill Lazor. He was the guy the Lions really wanted as OC. He turned them down.'

Remember Ken Whisenhunt? The guy that turned down the Lions and you complained we couldn't get anyone better? Dude sucked shit in Tennessee to a tune of 2-14. The Lions? We hired a guy named Caldwell and went to the playoffs.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw Lazor and the Miami Suhphins.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember Ken Whisenhunt? The guy that turned down the Lions and you complained we couldn't get anyone better? Dude sucked shit in Tennessee to a tune of 2-14. The Lions? We hired a guy named Caldwell and went to the playoffs.

Has nothing to do w me. I'm talking about superior OCs who turned the Lions down for unknown reasons, which his why we're stuck w Lombardass.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has everything to do with you. I'm referencing another freak out moment where we actually landed a coach and staff that did better(waaaay better) than the guy most thought would come to Detroit. You can't argue 2-14 results. He sucked shit last year, but was supposed to be some great hire by the Lions.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has everything to do with you. I'm referencing another freak out moment where we actually landed a coach and staff that did better(waaaay better) than the guy most thought would come to Detroit. You can't argue 2-14 results. He sucked shit last year, but was supposed to be some great hire by the Lions.

Per usual, I'm focused on the Lions, and you're focused on me. Any thoughts about Lazor turning us down? Or are you in love with Lombardi too?

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Base has a point, Lombardi does suck ass butter. Country crack spread

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lombardi is running the type of offense Caldwell wants. The Lions offense was built on a passing attack right down to the offensive lineman. But Caldwell wants a ball control running game and efficient passing attack with high probability low risk passes. Think the Ravens offense with Flacco.

All I heard last off season was Lombardi was going to run the Saints offense. Nothing on that field including Reggie Bush reminded me of the Saints offense.

The OC is over rated when you have a offensive based Head Coach. Lombardi does exactly what his boss wants him to. Same way everyone believed Billy bob Cooter would fix Stafford. Everyone thinks Stafford w=had a down year last year but the Bears wanted to interview shit kicker Cooter for their OC position.

Can't get caught up with assistants it comes down to the guy in charge.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lombardi is running the type of offense Caldwell wants. The Lions offense was built on a passing attack right down to the offensive lineman. But Caldwell wants a ball control running game and efficient passing attack with high probability low risk passes. Think the Ravens offense with Flacco.

I agree, but I still don't think Lombardi is very good at it.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All I heard last off season was Lombardi was going to run the Saints offense. Nothing on that field including Reggie Bush reminded me of the Saints offense.

The OC is over rated when you have a offensive based Head Coach. Lombardi does exactly what his boss wants him to. Same way everyone believed Billy bob Cooter would fix Stafford. Everyone thinks Stafford w=had a down year last year but the Bears wanted to interview shit kicker Cooter for their OC position.

Can't get caught up with assistants it comes down to the guy in charge.

That's cool. Our highest two paid players are Stafford and Johnson. Makes a lot of sense to take the ball out of their hands.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool. Our highest two paid players are Stafford and Johnson. Makes a lot of sense to take the ball out of their hands.

And that crap worked when we had Suh leading the top defense in the NFL. Without it, we're back to Stafford playing 500 w Calvin down 14 every game in the 4th quarter.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
="RobBase, post: 6386964, member: 4508"]And that crap worked when we had Suh leading the top defense in the NFL. Without it, we're back to Stafford playing 500 w Calvin down 14 every game in the 4th quarter.[/QUOTE]

Werent the Lions playing a lot of catch up with Suh on the team though? Or does that not count...or something?