• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You guys crack me up...

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If collectively, the organization believes RG3 is the best QB to lead this team then so be it. I'm behind him or whoever our QB is 100%. They are with Robert everyday, we fans are not.

On the other hand (assuming all the gossip here, and via social media is proven to be fact) if a diva, egomaniac owner, still an alcoholic GM are running the show and it comes down to a cowardly HC who doesn't have the cojones to step up and say "the buck stops here"…then, we are truly fucked.

But, hey guys it's just practice so far...lighten up!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my take on the situation. I think SM and the FO realize that this team does not yet have the talent to go anywhere this year. So they are going to spend a portion of this season evaluating, one final time, the talent they have. RG3 is getting his chance. It won't last long. If his play does not improve steadily, he will be on the bench (or in a hospital room) by week 5. Then KC gets his chance. They need to find out if KC can hold down the fort for the next year or 2 while they groom the rookie QB that they will take in the draft next year. If anything has been learned, it should be that the best course of action for a rookie QB is to be gradually introduced to the NFL game. Let them spend a year or two riding the pine and learning. How many rookie QBs do we need to destroy before they ever get a chance to develop?

While they are evaluating the talent, they will also be evaluating the coaching staff. Gruden is probably on notice. He looked overwhelmed last year at times. Not unexpected really. But can he grow? I'm not convinced that W-L is the only metric they will use to evaluate Gruden given the evaluation scenario they are "forcing" on gruden as described above.. Of course it will also depend on what other options there are out there.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If collectively, the organization believes RG3 is the best QB to lead this team then so be it. I'm behind him or whoever our QB is 100%. They are with Robert everyday, we fans are not.

On the other hand (assuming all the gossip here, and via social media is proven to be fact) if a diva, egomaniac owner, still an alcoholic GM are running the show and it comes down to a cowardly HC who doesn't have the cojones to step up and say "the buck stops here"…then, we are truly fucked.

But, hey guys it's just practice so far...lighten up!

I certainly hope your take is 100% sarcastic. Otherwise - it is a bunch of crap. Why exactly did you feel compelled to use the alcoholic tag on SM? Does it make you feel better about yourself?

You are right - none of us know about what is going on behind the scenes with RG3 or the team & guess what else? Neither do you. It is fun to throw out opinions on this type of forum, but they basically mean nothing. Nobody is getting benched or fired based on the opinions that are voiced here. Also - nobody's (outside of perhaps some on-the-bubble rookies) career is being defined by the preseason.

This will all work itself out & in the end it comes down to wins and losses and the play of every Redskin. You can have whatever opinion you like about RG3, Cousins, the O-lineman, etc. The fact of the matter is that they will all be fine if they just do their job well in the regular season. Otherwise - most of them will see the bench shortly and eventually be on another roster. No need to amp up this drama - it will all work itself out one way or another.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree with the last 2 posts. j_r pretty much nailed it, as for the alcoholic comment it struck a nerve with me too.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my take on the situation. I think SM and the FO realize that this team does not yet have the talent to go anywhere this year. So they are going to spend a portion of this season evaluating, one final time, the talent they have. RG3 is getting his chance. It won't last long. If his play does not improve steadily, he will be on the bench (or in a hospital room) by week 5. Then KC gets his chance. They need to find out if KC can hold down the fort for the next year or 2 while they groom the rookie QB that they will take in the draft next year. If anything has been learned, it should be that the best course of action for a rookie QB is to be gradually introduced to the NFL game. Let them spend a year or two riding the pine and learning. How many rookie QBs do we need to destroy before they ever get a chance to develop?

While they are evaluating the talent, they will also be evaluating the coaching staff. Gruden is probably on notice. He looked overwhelmed last year at times. Not unexpected really. But can he grow? I'm not convinced that W-L is the only metric they will use to evaluate Gruden given the evaluation scenario they are "forcing" on gruden as described above.. Of course it will also depend on what other options there are out there.

While I agree with this, please take care when trying to convince others here that there should be a method for developing young talent at QB. :nod:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree with this, please take care when trying to convince others here that there should be a method for developing young talent at QB. :nod:

Remember you have two young QBs on this team & both most likely will have a chance this season to help secure their future with the Redskins or pretty much guarantee that they will be playing elsewhere.

Neither have to play lights out or take the team to the playoffs. However - if either shows that they are basically at the same pt as last season w/ almost identical flaws then each one needs to be removed from the Redskins future plans. I am all for the patient approach, but you can't retain people that don't develop & a major part of that has to fall to the player and not just the coach.

Again - I support whichever guy is playing so this is not a matter of me being an RG3 or Cousins fan - just being practical.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
based on what i have seen by all the qbs on our roster from regular season games our qb of the future and present isnt here

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously my thinking of RG3 vs the lions was why would Gruden keep playing him. Yes I know most here think RG# need to play because he needs the work but at what cost!!!! That was brutal guys. No QB will survive that kind of punishment. Would any one here want to be the QB behind that OL. Seriously I would have cuss the coach out for continuing to play me behind that line without some kind of changes in the pass protection schemes. We will never be able to at least see how good RG3 or KC will be with this OL as of right now. This OL needs time and I hope that will be the answer. If not well we are stuck like chuck.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously my thinking of RG3 vs the lions was why would Gruden keep playing him. Yes I know most here think RG# need to play because he needs the work but at what cost!!!! That was brutal guys. No QB will survive that kind of punishment. Would any one here want to be the QB behind that OL. Seriously I would have cuss the coach out for continuing to play me behind that line without some kind of changes in the pass protection schemes. We will never be able to at least see how good RG3 or KC will be with this OL as of right now. This OL needs time and I hope that will be the answer. If not well we are stuck like chuck.

Go look at some of the analysis from Cooley and others relating to RG3 and that game. You will see that there are things that he could have done on certain plays even w/ the subpar O-line play that could have avoided sacks & get the ball to open receivers. It has a lot to do w/ footwork, finding secondary receivers, etc.

RG3 obviously is not quite there yet & possibly never will be. This isn't all about the line. Yes - they need to play better, but this is a joint problem & you expect progress from the line - not so sure about the QB position, and I like RG3 - just being honest. Also - again - let's not forget that Williams didn't play against the Lions.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what are you suggesting? We roll an offense out there without a QB until the OL comes up to par? Or do we sacrifice colt?
The detroit game was the exact type of scenario RG3 needs. He needs to learn how to operate when things break down. He need to learn how to move in a collapsing pocket. He needs to learn how to read defenses and pressures pre snap. And most importantly, he needs to learn how to protect himself.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last week there was crying about not enough snaps and he had less snaps vs the lions