• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU loses to Okie St at home

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cellar-dweller nips the Mountaineers again

Maybe West Virginia shouldn't be concerned with the top of the Big 12 standings. The bottom seems to be the problem.

After winning back-to-back games to draw within one game of the conference leaders, the Mountaineers lost another game to a team in the basement. Visiting Oklahoma State, 1-5 in road games this season and 1-5 in the past six games overall, blistered WVU in the second half Saturday and stunned the home team and its crowd of 13,057.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense gave up 52 points in the 2nd half.

Why did Huggs go with the 1-3-1 at the end of the game? So, he could give up wide open 3’s in the corner?

If so, the strategy worked pretty damn well.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the 1-3-1 but feel somebody else needs to run the baseline. JC plays a lot of minutes already and the back guy had a lot of ground to cover. I’m not sure who that would be as that person has to anticipate ball movement. Movement has to be in unison and with 1 guy not being where he is supposed to be, lights out with a good shooter.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why did Huggs go with the 1-3-1 at the end of the game? So, he could give up wide open 3’s in the corner?

I was going to bring that up but you beat me too it. There was no reason to run that stupid zone up 3 and leave their shooters wide open.

I am just facing reality here when I say this team just isn’t that good this year. Our only offense is JC and defense breaks down in the second half.

Monday is basically a must win or people are really going to start thinking this isn’t a tourney team.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who are you to question a HOF Coach?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And where has DAD been to weigh in on all of this shizza?

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it about this team being unable to close out games?

My Impression of the final huddle with 13 seconds to go:

HUGGS: Now JC has been unstoppable today and Asa is scoring at will inside when he gets the ball. So here is what we will do. Beetle, take the ball down the court and take a NBA length 3, and shoot it with 7 or 8 seconds on the clock...Yeah I know we only need one point to win but nobody will expect this. We can also give our great Defense another chance to stop them at the end of the game.

Did our HOF coach really call that play?

Greg Jones came to town for the game, with he had 13 more seconds of eligibility, he would have made that shot.

BTW where is the love from the committee? Oklahoma is a #4 seed even though we have one more win and two against them.

We are not 4-6 since getting our best ranking in 70 years.

While we may not look like a tournament team, we have the resume to get in. It would take losing 5 of our last 6 and loss in the first round of the tourney to keep us out. 20 wins with many quality will get us in regardless.

This is one of the most frustrating teams I have seen. Except for the opener with A&M, this team has dominated a large majority of its games only to falter at the end.

One statistic that defines this team...not sure what the numbers are, but we suck at it.

WVU shooting percentage in the final two minutes

Opponents shooting percentage in the final two minutes.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it about this team being unable to close out games?

My Impression of the final huddle with 13 seconds to go:

HUGGS: Now JC has been unstoppable today and Asa is scoring at will inside when he gets the ball. So here is what we will do. Beetle, take the ball down the court and take a NBA length 3, and shoot it with 7 or 8 seconds on the clock...Yeah I know we only need one point to win but nobody will expect this. We can also give our great Defense another chance to stop them at the end of the game.

Did our HOF coach really call that play?

Greg Jones came to town for the game, with he had 13 more seconds of eligibility, he would have made that shot.

BTW where is the love from the committee? Oklahoma is a #4 seed even though we have one more win and two against them.

We are not 4-6 since getting our best ranking in 70 years.

While we may not look like a tournament team, we have the resume to get in. It would take losing 5 of our last 6 and loss in the first round of the tourney to keep us out. 20 wins with many quality will get us in regardless.

This is one of the most frustrating teams I have seen. Except for the opener with A&M, this team has dominated a large majority of its games only to falter at the end.

One statistic that defines this team...not sure what the numbers are, but we suck at it.

WVU shooting percentage in the final two minutes

Opponents shooting percentage in the final two minutes.

Loved Greg Jones!...My favorite back court of all time.........was Joe Fryz and Bobby Huggins.....both of them would have made that shot..