• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WTF Playcalling?

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why are we starting every game with passes? You don't pass to set up the run. And even when we were running early, we weren't using our best block heavy formations. It's like Roman is obsessed with Kap's capabilities and just wants to sling it all damn game until we have like 3 3andouts in a row. Obviously we're not going to be able to pass right now. Being that our FB has the 3rd most receptions on the team. And that brings me to another thing. We have 13 draft picks. It's impossible to use all of those. For Christ's sake, trade for one of these WR's on the block. Who cares if it's a rental. Are we playing for next year or this year? We have no idea what kind of impact Crabs and Manningham will have. Sorry guys, had to rant. Oh, and I forget which commentator it was yesterday but he was slobbing on Roman and said that he's great at causing confusion. Only people he's confusing is us and we're wondering WTF he's doing.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we just can never seem to start the game off string. The red zone offense concerns me greatly. Especially when your D gets you in there with some turnovers. You gotta cash those in for 6.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to improve in the redzone. Its been bad this year.

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Exactly, that would be the best time to break out the old D-lineman for an extra blocker and just power through the defense but it's like they forgot about it. Last year we dictated what the defense would do and now it seems like they're trying to counter what the defense would do. Just doesn't make sense.

Abeka

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, that would be the best time to break out the old D-lineman for an extra blocker and just power through the defense but it's like they forgot about it. Last year we dictated what the defense would do and now it seems like they're trying to counter what the defense would do. Just doesn't make sense.

This:agree:

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kap needs to run more. Not as often as Vick running, but he needs to use his legs. He made Green Bay focus an entire offseason to stop HIM, and he has run just a handful of times this year. That right there could help in the redzone, and in those times when no receiver can get open...which seems to be a lot of the time.

Abeka

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was getting faustrated there but the Dee kept me excited....Our play call definately needs improvement....It's very "watered down" at times...

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a good idea to come out passing this week after 2 huge running games. This time it was a lack of execution by Kap, because he had Boldin for a nice gain but he missed the pass. If Kap executes we would be saying that Roman had a good plan.

Abeka

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kap needs to run more. Not as often as Vick running, but he needs to use his legs. He made Green Bay focus an entire offseason to stop HIM, and he has run just a handful of times this year. That right there could help in the redzone, and in those times when no receiver can get open...which seems to be a lot of the time.

True and a few factors why Kap isn't running a bit more is due to the backup's we have and most likely have been told to stay healthy.IMO..Our Wr's are pityful and we might just be buying time till our full squad is on the field-which will open things up more.

But meanwhile Vernon is a STUD man, damn!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought it was a good idea to come out passing this week after 2 huge running games. This time it was a lack of execution by Kap, because he had Boldin for a nice gain but he missed the pass. If Kap executes we would be saying that Roman had a good plan.

yes, IMO it is more this than play calling. calling a pass is fine, but not being able to execute it isn't.

play calling IS a factor, just don't feel its bigger than Kaep executing.

going back to 2011, we didn't have THAT much success with the jumble package?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also agree Kap needs to run more. I know they don't want him to run too much but it looks like he knows how to avoid contact.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give the Niners a bonafied red zone target, and the running game will open up more in that area.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give the Niners a bonafied red zone target, and the running game will open up more in that area.

I'd like to see them line Baldwin up outside in one-on-one with a DB and give him a jumpball. That 6'4" 230lb 42" vertical should help him win more battles than he loses. Although Kap did struggle with those passes last year, not sure how much better he would be this year.

Megatron is 6'5" with a 42.5" vertical, for comparison.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd like to see them line Baldwin up outside in one-on-one with a DB and give him a jumpball. That 6'4" 230lb 42" vertical should help him win more battles than he loses. Although Kap did struggle with those passes last year, not sure how much better he would be this year.

Megatron is 6'5" with a 42.5" vertical, for comparison.

it starts with Kaep delivering a decent, catchable ball? so IF he's not comfortable at it, rather they not.

maybe Kaep is more comfortable throwing a slant to Baldwin? that big body should block out the DB more?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

We've got a 6'4 3/8" WR with 33 5/8" arms and a 6'4 1/8" TE with 34 3/8" arms. I wouldn't mind seeing these guys more involved in the red zone.