• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WTF? Crab rated the NFL's biggest diva?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It has been noted that Crabtree is commonly late for meetings, rubs teammates the wrong way and nurses minor injuries.

Huh? I've never heard anything about a problem being late to meetings, or that he rubs teammates the wrong way (other than Vernon, who is pretty easily rubbed). As for nursing minor injuries, that's a tough one for me. I don't like that he has missed every preseason game. That said, he's only missed one game since joining the team, and he was clearly not right physically in the first game this season. Incidentally, that gives him a pass for preseason IMO.

Crabtree is a bit delusional, and more than a little strange. But I don't think diva is fair at all, and is primarily a product of his holdout. He hasn't gone out of his way to draw attention to himself, and has been team-first this season. Hell, Vernon complained more about his role this year than Crabtree did, at least until the final game.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a messed up list. I wouldn't say Dez Bryant is a diva. He is a bonehead that doesn't pay his bills, but I can't think of many times he has been in the press harping about anything.

And that isn't just me protecting a player on my team. The Dallas media and fans are pissed that he isn't living up to his talent, but I don't get "diva" from him. I get a sense of "dumbass" instead.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has the definition of Diva been reworded?

Crabs, a Diva in my eye, is certainly not the top/biggest of them all.....

Like mentioned, he really doesn't go off with soundbites or anything, his biggest attention grabber was his holdout, then for us fans(cuz who cares outside of SF) he dodges preseason games and didn't mouth off really IMO this season(perhaps we were winning?)

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He does have Diva qualities for sure, but this article is ridiculous.

After this year I can tell you he's the best damn blocking diva WR I've ever seen. You can put him on the bottom of that top 10 list, but he shouldn't be near the top until he starts making public comments, or becomes a locker room distraction. Like if we saw an ongoing fight with Vernon Davis for instance...

If he can get his ass to camp this year, it would help him put a dent in this label.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Crabtree had a reputation for showing up at the last minute to a number of "meetings" and then was flat out late to a few others while in COLLEGE. That MAY be what they are referring to here. I've never heard of anything about it while he's been a pro but I admit I have not been able to follow the 49ers as close as I once did.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That is a messed up list. I wouldn't say Dez Bryant is a diva. He is a bonehead that doesn't pay his bills, but I can't think of many times he has been in the press harping about anything.

And that isn't just me protecting a player on my team. The Dallas media and fans are pissed that he isn't living up to his talent, but I don't get "diva" from him. I get a sense of "dumbass" instead.

I can remember him harping in the press about being harped on by the press. He's got a real victim complex when the press writes about him getting in trouble, and said some just asinine things after the mall episode. For that reason, I didn't think it was entirely inappropriate to put him on the list, though again, not sure "diva" really fits.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can remember him harping in the press about being harped on by the press. He's got a real victim complex when the press writes about him getting in trouble, and said some just asinine things after the mall episode. For that reason, I didn't think it was entirely inappropriate to put him on the list, though again, not sure "diva" really fits.

maybe. Like I said, I think that is more of being a dumbass with a touch of titty-baby.

To me the #1 diva is DJax. Not even close.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 Diva? Wow, he doesn't seem to be that bad. Although, I guess if you add it all up like that.

1-Holding out for Top 3 money when drafted #10
2-Nursing injuries (although that is purely speculative, until a Dr says he could have played)
3- Rubbing teammates the wrong way (what VD and saying Smith wasn't the starter?)
4- Late for meetings?? (First I ever heard of that)

Still, doesn't even come close to the shit Haynesworth pulled in Washington, or anything Owens has done over his career...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree had a reputation for showing up at the last minute to a number of "meetings" and then was flat out late to a few others while in COLLEGE. That MAY be what they are referring to here. I've never heard of anything about it while he's been a pro but I admit I have not been able to follow the 49ers as close as I once did.

then we had our first winning season in ages....

hmm.... I'm on to you and your twisted games.... :fish:

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Who knows.....Crabtree has some of the qualities, and I'm sure there is plenty of stuff we haven't heard about.

But that said, this wasn't one of those SI.com players' polls, which tend to be very informative......this is just some goof that seems to be going off the most well-known stories.

Its weird how some of these stories stick in the public consciousness and some don't. That Forbes list of most disliked athletes came out last week, and its the usual Tiger, Bonds, etc. The guys who are most hated didn't really commit the biggest crimes, its just that the media hammered their story more than anyone else's. In a sports world where probably 100s of guys had numerous women on the side, Tiger is treated like the damn devil. Bonds was one of countless guys that took roids, and you have writers saying they won't vote for him in the Hall of Fame (but will vote obvious juicer Bagwell without a 2nd thought). Crabtree seems to be on that same wrong end of the bargain.

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Well, judging by THIS article, he's got a very legitimate b!tch. Of course, harping to the press about the press slamming him is kind of a self fulfilling prophecy, and not very smart or tactful.