• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wow the Wheel is come off in Seattle

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not being defensive....but are you really trying to tell me there werent all sorts of people who were pretty out front in saying his style was not a fit in the NFL?
I don't know. I don't pay much attention to what "people say". People say RW is too short. People say don't draft a guy at position X because a totally different player that the same position didn't work out. People talk and read other's opinions too much and don't watch with their own eyes.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches have a shelf-life.

Hard ass coaches as well as player's coaches.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just one wheel? Hmm, very interesting.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I think Pete is a very good coach but he is the victim of his own success. He hit great on some UFAs and late round picks early on and it seems to me that he and Schneider kept relying on that formula. Unfortunately the laws of averages catch up to you. Seems like there have been a lot of misses in the draft the past few years.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
So the team PC & John Schneider put together won double digits and went to the divisional round or better for 5 straight seasons from 2012-2016 -- 1 of only 2 teams to do that in that stretch (NE) --, 2 SB appearances, and we aren't quite sure if Pete's style works in the NFL or if he can sustain it??...and the "wheel" is falling off because Bennett (who is now pretty much established himself as a known idiot) read books in meetings? Too funny. Whoever it is you think is now cock of the walk in the NFC -- Philly or the Rams or whoever -- I bet right now they won't have a run as good as what Seattle had from '12-'16. I'll even take the bet against Philly with 1 title already on the board.

You could argue coming up with 1 SB win in that stretch is a letdown though.

The Seattle defense during that era is easily in the top 5 of all-time defenses and RW was easily a top 10 QB and it should've been a team that had more than 1 SB win to show for it.

The question with Carroll has always been longevity and his history has shown he can build something up and have success but it soon falls apart and crashes and burns.

I'd say if he can retool this Hawks roster and have them competing for titles again it'll silence all the naysayers.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what about Amendola flapping his gums now that he's a Dolphin?

I've always though a guy like Carroll would get tiring in about a heartbeat.

He could never keep me motivated.
Hank, in a round about way you are saying you expect someone to motivate you in your profession.
So if someone has a good boss and they remain unmotivated is it the bosses fault?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's not as if others outside Seattle hadn't been predicting this. Just sayin.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically echoing Sherman's comments... Carroll is the "rinse & repeat" type of coach.

Or maybe when older, outspoken, and possibly less effective players feel disrespected by not getting life-time contracts they like kicking a team when it's down :noidea:

Bennett and Sherman didn't exactly go to NFL purgatory, they went to the champs and an up and coming team, respectively. They are feeling pretty tough right about now I would assume.

BTW......:puke:for even having to kinda defend the Seahawks

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hank, in a round about way you are saying you expect someone to motivate you in your profession.
So if someone has a good boss and they remain unmotivated is it the bosses fault?

I'm self motivated. I resist attempts at motivation. Cost me 2 previous jobs. I may be a fool but I still have a hard time suffering them.

Others are different.

But a person has to earn what they are paid one way or another. Only fair.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pink Floyd. Waters-Gilmour debate. How can you rule what version of wish you were here is better. Both are good.
What about the traveling wilburys:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, honestly I read what Bennett said and I hate it now that he is an Eagle. Even if it is true, it's disrespectful for him to talk about that publicly and I think he seems like a jackass. I hope he keeps it together like Jay Ajayi did last season for us, and we win, because if we win I think a guy like this will be more manageable. If we lose...he will probably go full jackass on our team.
You mean again? The dude is already a full jackass. Eagles knew that when they signed him.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks been too the playoffs 6 of the last 8 years, won the NFC twice and a Superbowl champion. Let's compare everyone elses team results and then let's talk.:nod:

OK

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And ffs, you can criticize Bennett for all kinds of stuff, but being stupid isn't really one of them.

He's dumber than a fucking box of rocks, but I can see why you look up to his (cough, cough) "intellect".

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wheels came off after 'The Play' in SB49. Sure we went to the playoffs the next two years, but as soon as we played the top tier teams in the 2nd round, we got throttled. Last season was one of the friendliest schedules ever and we couldnt even make it to the playoffs. Even if we did, we would have gotten destroyed again. Our offense was downright atrocious.

Yeah Bennett and Sherman have been running their mouths, but they wont be the last. SB49 was toxic. There's more stories to come.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll can build a house, but can he maintain it? Starting to question that.
He is a Jimmy Johnson type of coach who only cares about the talent. It usually only works when you're winning because the divas start showing their true colors when the losses start pouring in.