• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wouldnt it be interesting...

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if the McGinn trade to Colorado eventually is the direct reason the Shaarks miss the playoffs & Col get in?? Both teams have 86 pts now & are battling for 8th. Whats colorados record & SJs record since this trade? McGinn now has 12pt in 13 games with Col and has definately contibuted to some of their recent wins.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
if the McGinn trade to Colorado eventually is the direct reason the Shaarks miss the playoffs & Col get in?? Both teams have 86 pts now & are battling for 8th. Whats colorados record & SJs record since this trade? McGinn now has 12pt in 13 games with Col and has definately contibuted to some of their recent wins.

Not sure if it would be interesting, but it would certainly suck! LOL.
Can't say this exact same thing hasn't crossed my mind too.
The thing I didn't like about the deal from the get-go was that I thought McGinn was one of the only guys that brought it every single night. Skating hard, playing physical, etc.
I'm not saying I would've predicted he would have about a point per game with the Av's, but he was definitely a solid 3rd line player with the Sharks, which is what I thought he would be this season, and which is something they've lacked for quite some time.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yea but I cant ever recall a trade that directly led to the trader missing the playoffs & the tradee making it because on the direct impact tht player had on the points swing. And this would be a rare case... If the trade wasnt stupid enough to begin with and shouldve sealed DWils offseason firing, then colorado taking 8th and bumping SJ out should definately seal the deal on canning DWil. As (fast forward to this actually happening) this move wouldve been the reason they missed the playoffs, and McGinns GWGs for Col are the reason they make it.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not sure if it would be interesting, but it would certainly suck! LOL.
Can't say this exact same thing hasn't crossed my mind too.
The thing I didn't like about the deal from the get-go was that I thought McGinn was one of the only guys that brought it every single night. Skating hard, playing physical, etc.
I'm not saying I would've predicted he would have about a point per game with the Av's, but he was definitely a solid 3rd line player with the Sharks, which is what I thought he would be this season, and which is something they've lacked for quite some time.

The key is that he was the only bottom six forward who could score. Its no surprise that the sharks have had a serious power outage since his departure, and that up until the last two games with winnik, the bottom 6 had, like, 4 goals in 20 games or something like that. The last two wins have shown the absolute importance of bottom 6 scoring as winnik's goals have been the difference in both games and without them, they would lose 1 in regulation, and who knows the other. Likely those two goals have given the sharks 3 points. Without them, the sharks would be pretty close to out of contention.

Thankfully, it appears that even with ginner lighting it up, the avalanche are likely to fall short. They are 7-2-2 in their last 11, but they were so far behind when the trade happened, that even Mcginn's play may not be enough. That said, the 'lanch organization must be so thrilled to get a top 6 forward to be for so incredibly little.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully, it appears that even with ginner lighting it up, the avalanche are likely to fall short. They are 7-2-2 in their last 11, but they were so far behind when the trade happened, that even Mcginn's play may not be enough. That said, the 'lanch organization must be so thrilled to get a top 6 forward to be for so incredibly little.

Too lazy to look it up but I'm pretty sure they were at MOST 1-3 points out of the 8th spot when the trade went down (if that... they may have even been in 8th, IIRC)...

And I still don't care that McGinn is gone. He was in the middle of a horrific slump when he was traded and I have absolutely no reason to believe he would have snapped out of it and became a 20-goal scorer with the Sharks this season.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yea but I cant ever recall a trade that directly led to the trader missing the playoffs & the tradee making it because on the direct impact tht player had on the points swing. And this would be a rare case... If the trade wasnt stupid enough to begin with and shouldve sealed DWils offseason firing, then colorado taking 8th and bumping SJ out should definately seal the deal on canning DWil. As (fast forward to this actually happening) this move wouldve been the reason they missed the playoffs, and McGinns GWGs for Col are the reason they make it.

Yeah, I can't think of one off the top of my head either.
I don't think the Av's will get in, but getting McGinn was definitely a good move for them going forward.