• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would You Trade Ingram & Kuzma For Leonard?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I can speak on behalf of all Lakers fans when I say that we are thankful that TLF isn't the Lakers GM. lol
I haven't exactly seen in anyone in here that I would be wishing to be the GM either

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I don't think you can depend on the Lakers remaining harmless - I just think that they need to be smart -

If you think that bringing in Boogie and some random shooter is a step towards winning a title then you and I see things very differently.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOU HAVE TO ADMIT THAT IT'S NICE TO SEE THE LAKERS IN THIS KIND OF A DISCUSS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MANY YEARS THOUGH - RIGHT?:lol:

A. Why are you yelling? lol

B. Definitely. The Lakers have been involved in these kinds of discussions every off-season. But this is the first time in at least 4-5 years that they have had the product on the court and the personnel in the FO to be taken seriously.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a non-starter. The Spurs are absolutely not going to trade him on a discount. They will sooner wait until the season starts and trade him mid-season. If his injury is chronic then his career ie in jeopardy and no one is going to trade for him.

I doubt that Leonard goes anywhere in the first month - They are going to play the wait and see game and want to talk to him first - unless he quickly demands a trade and declares himself to be ready - and It's quite possible that he wants to rehab the entire summer first and make himself really strong for October - It's not impossible that he really isn't ready to play as of right now and that the Spurs team doctor did get his diagnosis wrong - Your evaluation assumes he can play right now and is healthy

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt that Leonard goes anywhere in the first month - They are going to play the wait and see game and want to talk to him first - unless he quickly demands a trade and declares himself to be ready - and It's quite possible that he wants to rehab the entire summer first and make himself really strong for October - It's not impossible that he really isn't ready to play as of right now and that the Spurs team doctor did get his diagnosis wrong - Your evaluation assumes he can play right now and is healthy

My evaluation is based on an assumption that he is actually on the market. I actually don't think he is.

You have repeatedly tried to argue the Lakers could get Kawhi on the cheap because he is damaged goods. I don't think that is a possibility.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a non-starter. The Spurs are absolutely not going to trade him on a discount. They will sooner wait until the season starts and trade him mid-season. If his injury is chronic then his career ie in jeopardy and no one is going to trade for him.

Exactly. The first thing that will have to happen is that there are assurances that he's 100% healthy.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think that bringing in Boogie and some random shooter is a step towards winning a title then you and I see things very differently.
Boogie has some head problems and needs a good coach to teach him for sure - but he could really be turned around in a good organization - he has the right skills. Paul George is a good player offensively - but in my opinion lacks the defensive skills. I agree that Leonard is a better fit - but I disagree with the concept of gutting the team just to get him for a one year contract - that's not smart imo

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My evaluation is based on an assumption that he is actually on the market. I actually don't think he is.

You have repeatedly tried to argue the Lakers could get Kawhi on the cheap because he is damaged goods. I don't think that is a possibility.
He is damaged goods right now - He either is still in rehab and only played 9 games or he has a problem with the Spurs and want's out of the organization - I do agree, however that he sits down with Popovich and works it out - no one ever gets the full value of a player in a trade like that.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. The first thing that will have to happen is that there are assurances that he's 100% healthy.
If he is 100% injury - then Leonard did abandon his team and team mates by refusing to play, so which one is it? And do you really want him either way without an honest discussion and finding out what it's going to take to make him happy? Do we want another Dwight Coward bolting from us 2019? - I have said from the beginning that my concern was him leaving in 2019

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. Why are you yelling? lol

B. Definitely. The Lakers have been involved in these kinds of discussions every off-season. But this is the first time in at least 4-5 years that they have had the product on the court and the personnel in the FO to be taken seriously.
Well - it's called celebrating - I think the Lakers have to be happy just to be in this situation this year and I believe there are going to be some really pissed off fans in here from the other teams.:lol: I hope so anyway:lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boogie isn't really a random shooter - he can play and he is a quality center

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boogie has some head problems and needs a good coach to teach him for sure - but he could really be turned around in a good organization - he has the right skills. Paul George is a good player offensively - but in my opinion lacks the defensive skills. I agree that Leonard is a better fit - but I disagree with the concept of gutting the team just to get him for a one year contract - that's not smart imo

You think that Paul George, 3 time All-Defensive player, lacks defensive skills?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really a big LeBron fan either btw - I would rather see perhaps a really good shooting guard and a better center like Cousins. My preferred line up

would start out with

Lonzo Ball and Isaiah Thomas as the PG and reserve

???? Shooting Guard Needed

Cousins as Center

Now you can fill in the forwards with the best options available - but a lot of time is being spend on LeBron, George, Leonard and where does Julius Randle fit in? Does he get resigned or do they let him walk, Now with Kuzma and Ingram - that is sis guards. Granted that you need one or two reserves - but you don't need six and four of them are starting material that will be upset to get bumped to the bench

If you are paying Cousins, Randle and IT, you don't have $ for a shooting guard. And they may not be able to get Randle either.

If the Lakers brought that team out in 2018, they might not even make the playoffs. Cousins is a losing player. The Pelicans actually got better subbing Mirotec for Boogie.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,101.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi is 26.

The players you listed aren't as good as you think. Kawhi is a lot better than Paul George. Plus, if you get Kawhi, my bet is you get LeBron and keep Randle too.

This trade makes the Lakers instant contenders and puts them at the top of the list as greatest threats to the Warriors.

If you keep building slowly with the pieces you have and sign a Paul George, the most likely case is incremental improvement that tops out at about 50 wins.

You trade for Kawhi and you give yourself a legit shot at landing 2 superstars this summer. Don't think you get LeBron unless you get Kawhi too.

Boom.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is 100% injury - then Leonard did abandon his team and team mates by refusing to play, so which one is it?

You look at things too black and white. We don't know what the situation is. It's entirely possible. maybe even likely, that his injury has been healed enough for the team doctors to clear him, but that doesn't mean his doctors cleared him.

He has a supermax contract on the line. He may want to make sure he's 100% so he doesn't lose it. I mean look at IT...he played through his hip injury and cost him millions of dollars. Maybe Kawhi doesn't want to end up in the same boat?

And do you really want him either way without an honest discussion and finding out what it's going to take to make him happy?

Do you honestly think Magic and Pelinka would do like Short Buss and just trade for him hoping he'll stay? I'd expect that if they trade for him, they will have some assurances that he is healthy and that he either has or will sign an extension. The Lakers aren't in a position where they have to bring a guy in as a "rental" and hope they can convince him to stay.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was true - then you wouldn't be in here moderating a bunch adults that act like teen age children most of the time:pound:You would be in management - Sorry

Being in management is moderating a bunch of adults that act like children most of the time. lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are paying Cousins, Randle and IT, you don't have $ for a shooting guard. And they may not be able to get Randle either.

If the Lakers brought that team out in 2018, they might not even make the playoffs. Cousins is a losing player. The Pelicans actually got better subbing Mirotec for Boogie.

LOL.

I posted facts here.

You want Boogie and IT? Good luck. Mirotec isn't better than Boogie, but he sure as hell fits better.

I guarantee none of your Laker brothers would sign off in that roster.