• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you? If you were Bill?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OBJ and the Browns are working out a contract deal that he will rewrite his contract that will pay him a portion of his guaranteed $8M contract and leave his guarantee at $1M.

ATTENTION - ATTENTION - ATTENTION

Rappaport is reporting:::::

OBJ has reportedly told a number of teams not to claim him on waivers because he will not play for them.

It is being reported that OBJ will only sign with the

New England Patriots

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take him on this team in a heartbeat.
This team survived the powder keg that was Antonio Brown. I think it's funny we're concerned about OBJ on this team after skating through a year of "Not only do I want all the attention with the ball, I'll wear the most obnoxious hat to get it when there isn't a ball around".

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to the store after dinner to pick up some frozen yogurt. WEEI says that OBJ would like to come to NE. He could come cheap because the Browns owe him $*M more in guaranteed money this year.

Guest on the show said that OBJ is a trifecta "NO"

1. Constantly misses time because of injury
2. Has not played consistently good since 2017
3. Couldn't play with two totally opposite QBs. Eli Manning and Baker Mayfield. When there are problems with everyone else, maybe the problem isn't with them.

He will be somewhere. Will he be happy or be OBJ???
OBJ. within a week or 2, he will bitching that he isn't the targeted receiver in more than 50% of all pass plays during the games

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OBJ. within a week or 2, he will bitching that he isn't the targeted receiver in more than 50% of all pass plays during the games

Somebody said something the other day I have not verified but they said both in NY and in Cleveland OBJ did not start acting up until the guaranteed portion of his contract had been fulfilled. Not sure if it's true but if it is then there's that.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the rumors that he wants to play for BB is true, then I don't think there will be a problem until it comes time for his new contract.

Patriots sit 15th in the waiver list.

1. DET 2. MIA 3. HOU 4. JAX 5. NYJ 6. NYG 7. WSH 8. PHI 9. SEA 10. CHI 11. ATL 12. SF 13. MIN 14. IND 15. NE

I heard this morning that he or his agent contacted the teams in front of NE that have cap space or might want to block NE from claiming him and told them that they have to pay him but he won't report.

This is the Patriots present cap space per Sportrac:

15New England Patriots
0.5005327.17$137,825,786$29,391,001$199,301,571$6,510,976

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How Odell Beckham Jr. could end up in New England​

With the trade deadline behind us, every player released by an NFL team will have to go the same route before becoming an unrestricted free agent: through the waiver wire. That means that each team based on the current draft order will get a chance to claim him. The lowest claimant will get the player in question, and take on his contract.

In Beckham Jr’s case, his new team would absorb his remaining salary for the 2021 season ($8.05 million) plus the remaining non-guaranteed salaries and roster bonuses for 2022 and 2023 ($15 million each). Obviously, the Browns and the wide receiver could work out a revised deal before a release to bring his cap number down. For the time being, however, we will have to go with the current structure of his deal.

As of right now, not a lot of teams would be able to fit it under their respective salary caps. In fact, only nine teams have more cap space available than Beckham Jr’s current charge, according to Over The Cap:

Of those nine teams, four are placed lower in the waiver claim order than the Patriots. At 4-4, New England is ranked 15th. The following four teams therefore have claiming priority over them plus the necessary cap space to take on Beckham Jr. without any major follow up moves or restructures needed:

• Jacksonville Jaguars: No. 4
  • Washington Football Team: No. 6
  • Philadelphia Eagles: No. 8
  • Seattle Seahawks: No. 9
So, for Beckham Jr. to make it to the Patriots he would have to pass through these four teams without getting claimed. Then, New England would have to find a way to fit him under its current salary cap: the Patriots, according to Miguel Benzan, have only $2.59 million available — not enough to take on the wide receiver without some serious restructures and/or cuts elsewhere.

As a result, the Patriots would likely not attempt to claim Beckham Jr. in case he indeed gets released. That said, there is no guarantee other teams will put in a waiver claim either after he seemingly forced his way off of two organizations — first the New York Giants, then the Browns — in the last three years.

He could therefore very well go unclaimed and enter the open market. At that point, it becomes a free-for-all.

Theoretically, Beckham Jr. could even be added at the minimum salary for a player of his experience. That number is $1.075 million, but with the first nine weeks of the regular season already in the books — the Browns will pay him for Week 9 since he remains on their roster with the necessary deadline passed — only $537,500 remain.

At that number, New England could very much get involved to bring in a game-changing offensive weapon at a reasonable cost. Obviously, though, Beckham Jr. would have to agree to join the organization at a below-market or any other comparatively reduced rate. That is especially true if others are offering him more.

However, his past statements indicate that he might be willing to join the Patriots and head coach Bill Belichick on a half-year prove-it type deal.

“Two, three years ago there was a whole speculation and all that was going on and I was willing and ready to go over there at any point in time,” Beckham Jr. said in 2019.

The circumstances have changed since then — Tom Brady, for example, is no longer the Patriots’ starting quarterback — but it is no secret that Beckham Jr. holds Bill Belichick in high regards. That might be enough to convince him to join the team if the opportunity presented itself.

As can be seen, though, a lot would have to go right for that to happen.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, please. Can’t see how he would add value. IMO, he would disrupt the chemistry that is recently showing in this team. I have always believed that OBJ is an overrated diva.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, please. Can’t see how he would add value. IMO, he would disrupt the chemistry that is recently showing in this team. I have always believed that OBJ is an overrated diva.

I feel that way too but my gut is telling me he's going to be a Patriots soon.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel that way too but my gut is telling me he's going to be a Patriots soon.
No doubt he is talented, but somewhat egocentric. Maybe that has changed with him realizing he is not as great as he thinks. It’s a team game and maybe he will get it?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
game changer weapon what a joke he stinks its why they released him please somebody else pick this fool up but he may clear waivers due to his price tag 7 mil for about 7 games:suds:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the rumors that he wants to play for BB is true, then I don't think there will be a problem until it comes time for his new contract.

Patriots sit 15th in the waiver list.

1. DET 2. MIA 3. HOU 4. JAX 5. NYJ 6. NYG 7. WSH 8. PHI 9. SEA 10. CHI 11. ATL 12. SF 13. MIN 14. IND 15. NE

I heard this morning that he or his agent contacted the teams in front of NE that have cap space or might want to block NE from claiming him and told them that they have to pay him but he won't report.

This is the Patriots present cap space per Sportrac:

15New England Patriots0.5005327.17$137,825,786$29,391,001$199,301,571$6,510,976
No way we pick him up on waivers. Nobody else will either $7.5 million foa a half-year rental of a WR that has not done shit in 3 years?
Come on people!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way we pick him up on waivers. Nobody else will either $7.5 million foa a half-year rental of a WR that has not done shit in 3 years?
Come on people!
He's already said that if he gets to the ""right"" team, he will rewrite his contract and accept the Veteran minimum, $1.75M.

NBC is reporting that Aaron Rodgers is so pissed at the Packers that they have agreed to part ways. No details, no time line. Me thinks it all has to do with how well Jordan Love does today against the Chiefs and whether or not Rodgers will return to the Packer fold.

My guess is that Jacksonville would snag him in a heartbeat and dangle his ass for about three first round picks. I can see the Broncos, Panthers, Saints and Bears beating each other to near death to make the best offer.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's already said that if he gets to the ""right"" team, he will rewrite his contract and accept the Veteran minimum, $1.75M.

NBC is reporting that Aaron Rodgers is so pissed at the Packers that they have agreed to part ways. No details, no time line. Me thinks it all has to do with how well Jordan Love does today against the Chiefs and whether or not Rodgers will return to the Packer fold.

My guess is that Jacksonville would snag him in a heartbeat and dangle his ass for about three first round picks. I can see the Broncos, Panthers, Saints and Bears beating each other to near death to make the best offer.
So you think the Packs cut him loose, Jax picks him up off the wire and trades him (after the season) instead of the Pack keeping him and doing the same thing?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think the Packs cut him loose, Jax picks him up off the wire and trades him (after the season) instead of the Pack keeping him and doing the same thing?
Things are pretty nasty, and one never knows.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odds are 3:1 that he signs with NE, 5:2 with the Ravens.

Pats have $4,356,420. in cap space. Who's ass gets cut??

Nkeal Harry