• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Cup Qualifiers

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Italy wins, but I could see it going either way.

The good thing about the draw is Ni and Ireland both have great shots at getting to the WC.

Will be weird to see a WC without Italy. Hoping they win

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be weird to see a WC without Italy. Hoping they win

Bad enough USA didn't make it, but what if Italy fails tomorrow for all those folks in Italy? No World Cup for Italy think about that one too. Soccer is not the number #1 sport here, but for Italy it would be an utter disaster. I heard the Italians want Ventura fired before the game and maybe go with Ancelotti or one gamer with Conte. They even think the players should mutiny and run the game tomorrow their way. I am half Swedish (father's side of the family), so for me Sweden getting in the World Cup would be epic at the expense of the Italians. Should be a great game to watch. Somehow Italy many times has found a way when on the ropes.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad enough USA didn't make it, but what if Italy fails tomorrow for all those folks in Italy? No World Cup for Italy think about that one too. Soccer is not the number #1 sport here, but for Italy it would be an utter disaster. I heard the Italians want Ventura fired before the game and maybe go with Ancelotti or one gamer with Conte. They even think the players should mutiny and run the game tomorrow their way. I am half Swedish (father's side of the family), so for me Sweden getting in the World Cup would be epic at the expense of the Italians. Should be a great game to watch. Somehow Italy many times has found a way when on the ropes.

It's funny to hear some people acting like they are some backwater country and team. Sweden is, and always has been a good team, what is more impressive, is that they are doing this without Zlatan..

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny to hear some people acting like they are some backwater country and team. Sweden is, and always has been a good team, what is more impressive, is that they are doing this without Zlatan..

I agree. It helps when you have the emergence of an Emil Forsberg though. Guy led the Bundesliga in assists last season. I think he is going to last at Leipzig much longer before a bigger club snatches him up. A strong number 10 for Sweden which counter balances the loss of Zlatan.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading about the German friendlies with England and France. Looks like these may be qualifying try outs for younger players. Appears Ginter and Rudiger failed and will be lucky if they make Russia. Halstenberg and Werner appear to be locks though to start. Sane too but he needs to be more of a team player with his attitude. Gundogan fitness is a worry so still on the fence with him. Draxler not sure if there is a starting position for him, but should make it as a sub. See how others fare against France.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUGE game between Italy and Sweeden starting in 30

I think Italy can at least make the agg 1-1 and then we'll see extra time plus PKs?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing what weak little bitches the italian team is, I hope Sweden moves on. They cry about so much useless stuff, it isn't fun to watch one bit.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUGE game between Italy and Sweeden starting in 30

I think Italy can at least make the agg 1-1 and then we'll see extra time plus PKs?
If so, I'd give the advantage to Italy in PKs, especially with Buffon in goal.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is with the ref in this game? Looked like two handballs on Italy in the penalty area and earlier maybe a foul on Sweden in the penalty area. And on one handball Forsberg gets a yellow card for mouthing off. Looks like no free penalty kicks in this one.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to wonder if the Italian squad is just too old

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time Italy misses the WC since 1958. The meltdowns in that country will be like a million times worse than ours. Ouch.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time Italy misses the WC since 1958. The meltdowns in that country will be like a million times worse than ours. Ouch.

Definitely true and the changes will be swifter and more ruthless than here. I heard the coach is already gone and 3 players have decided that is it too.....so far.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, happy to see Sweden get in...but it looked like today they had no interest in scoring. Full on defensive shell although they should have had 2 penalty shots for handballs....maybe.

ESPN had an article how Italy screwed up. One was they never played the FIFA rankings game properly and ignored friendlies losing to Haiti and Luxemburg and that affected their FIFA ranking and that put them in with Spain for Group play. Ouch. I never knew the importance of friendlies. They matter at certain times of the calendar. Groups were selected in July 2015 and your FIFA ranking that day is where you are put. That goes on Italian FA and Conte for not taking things seriously earlier. Of course the Italian cronism in their hierarchy for hiring Ventura was the other problem and probably age too...but this team was supposedly better than Conte's Euro '16 team that took Germany to penalties. That part is on Ventura.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely true and the changes will be swifter and more ruthless than here. I heard the coach is already gone and 3 players have decided that is it too.....so far.

Any idea on why the coach never put in Insigne? The guy is a really good striker and obviously, Italy very much needed a goal.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Germany are the good guys of 2018. Iceland will be the Cinderella we all love. Fuck Brazil.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any idea on why the coach never put in Insigne? The guy is a really good striker and obviously, Italy very much needed a goal.

De Rossi thought so too. He was having a spat with Ventura about it. At half time the players should have duct taped Ventura to a toilet stall in the locker and finished the 2nd half on their own.