• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Cup Qualifiers

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
World Cup Qualifying - UEFA Table - ESPN FC
Soccer / Football News and Scores - ESPN FC

2:45 ET
Germany vs. Czech Republic (Germany basically has the group wrapped up, Czech could still have a fight for 3rd, but unlikely with Northern Ireland bound to pick up 3 points vs. San Marino)

Denmark vs. Poland (Poland is 1st in group E while Denmark need 3 to keep up with Montenegro for 2nd)

Slovakia vs. Slovenia (Slovakia is second in group with 12 points while Slovenia is 3rd with 11 points)

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday we'll get to see Spain vs. Italy and Ukraine vs. Turkey, plus some others

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Germany looked like crap today...but even when they take a night off mentally their talent comes through in the end. Great header at the end by Hummels :) Still tinkering with the lineup too. A lot of youngsters in there. Nice goal by Werner the next Klose too.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Germany looked like crap today...but even when they take a night off mentally their talent comes through in the end. Great header at the end by Hummels :) Still tinkering with the lineup too. A lot of youngsters in there. Nice goal by Werner the next Klose too.

Somewhat off-topic: I see you're a Bayern Munich fan and I'm wondering who your favorite player is. Mine is Robert Lewandowski.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhat off-topic: I see you're a Bayern Munich fan and I'm wondering who your favorite player is. Mine is Robert Lewandowski.

My favorite player is Thomas Muller. I am German, and 1/4 Polish lol. Lewandowski is my 2nd favorite player now that Philipp Lahm is retired and Schweinsteiger is no longer playing in Germany. I need to get a Lewey jersey though. I have a Bayern Muller and National team Schweinsteiger kit. There home kits are amazing this season with the stripes. I like Toni Kroos but I wish he'd return to Germany. Lucky to have him on the National team though. Nice to see these games on TV now. FS1 and Fox have a lot of Bundesliga games on here in the Bay Area. Something you couldn't see a couple years ago. Tomorrow we get Germany again on ESPND. I couple younger players I think are going to be great especially are Kimmich and Werner for sure.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite player is Thomas Muller. I am German, and 1/4 Polish lol. Lewandowski is my 2nd favorite player now that Philipp Lahm is retired and Schweinsteiger is no longer playing in Germany. I need to get a Lewey jersey though. I have a Bayern Muller and National team Schweinsteiger kit. There home kits are amazing this season with the stripes. I like Toni Kroos but I wish he'd return to Germany. Lucky to have him on the National team though. Nice to see these games on TV now. FS1 and Fox have a lot of Bundesliga games on here in the Bay Area. Something you couldn't see a couple years ago. Tomorrow we get Germany again on ESPND. I couple younger players I think are going to be great especially are Kimmich and Werner for sure.

I'm not a big MLS fan, but I decided to back the Fire this season because they signed Schweinsteiger. Until recently, that looked to be a smart choice.

Is the phrase "Mullered" used in Germany? Or is that an American thing? I ask because I see that on the various Bayern social media sites, but it seemed to me to be an American thing.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a big MLS fan, but I decided to back the Fire this season because they signed Schweinsteiger. Until recently, that looked to be a smart choice.

Is the phrase "Mullered" used in Germany? Or is that an American thing? I ask because I see that on the various Bayern social media sites, but it seemed to me to be an American thing.

I am not sure where the term Mullered came from. I am German but live in the San Francisco area so the only news I get is online or when I watch a game on TV here. There is a fan club here and Bayern Munich bar Danny Coyles in SF where many watch the games. Muller I worried about now. He seems to be losing his place with Ancellotti and not happy. He was better with Pep. When James is back there will be a log jam up front even more. Low loves him though on the National Team. But his Bayern days could be numbered. He is the last Bavarian left so the fans may have none of it if he transfers...but to get time he may have to do it.

I am not an MLS fan at all either. I like the Bundesliga, UCL, and any international events with the Die Mannschaft such as World Cup qualifiers, World Cup, Euros, Olypmpics, U-21...anything where any version of the National Team plays I try to watch if I can find it. It was a great summer for Germany. Won 2 big tournaments too. I root for other Bundesliga teams too in UCL, except if they play Bayern.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
England down 1-0 early to Slovakia. Pretty big game. England is 1st with 17 points and Slovakia is 2nd with 15 points.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
England down 1-0 early to Slovakia. Pretty big game. England is 1st with 17 points and Slovakia is 2nd with 15 points.
England pretty much has it all wrapped up, but 2nd place is still up for grabs currently Slovakia is 2nd with 15 pts, Slovenia 3rd with 14, and Scotland 4th with 14 also (separated by goal differential).

Scotland's next two games are Slovakia, then Slovenia, should be a good final two games to decide 2nd in the group.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
England pretty much has it all wrapped up, but 2nd place is still up for grabs currently Slovakia is 2nd with 15 pts, Slovenia 3rd with 14, and Scotland 4th with 14 also (separated by goal differential).

Scotland's next two games are Slovakia, the Slovenia, should be a good final two games to decide 2nd in the group.

Yeah England is good now. Slovakia needed that game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Bolivia beat Chile.

Chile is in huge shit now

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Argentina finds a goal here in the final minute, Peru will enter the final set of WCQ in 4th place. Argentina would be 5th and Chile would be in 6th.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to worry about for Germany. A clinical destruction of Norway yesterday. Timo Werner the most hated man in German soccer may be the most important man in German soccer. They haven't had a poacher like this in a few decades. Not since a young Klose. He is a dream come true for Low and opens up many more tactical options for Germany. That was their problem last summer in Euros where Goetze was a failure and Gomez not much help outside the box and then got hurt. Werner's speed and poaching skills are going to be a problem for many teams next summer. A dream come true for Germany if he keeps this up.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Bolivia beat Chile.

Chile is in huge shit now

What is the deal with Chile? Win back to back Copas then lose to a young Germany in Confed Cup, and now this. Way too much talent here to be in 6th place.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the deal with Chile? Win back to back Copas then lose to a young Germany in Confed Cup, and now this. Way too much talent here to be in 6th place.

Yeah to lose 2 straight at this point in WCQ is awful. It's not like they were losing to Brazil an Columbia. They went down to Paraguay and Bolivia. 7th and 9th right now in the standings. Speaking of bad, Argentina drew with last place Venezuela at home tonight.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah to lose 2 straight at this point in WCQ is awful. It's not like they were losing to Brazil an Columbia. They went down to Paraguay and Bolivia. 7th and 9th right now in the standings. Speaking of bad, Argentina drew with last place Venezuela at home tonight.

Argentina just seems to underachieve in big international moments the past few years at the wrong time. Venezuela...they are barely a country right now. Chile absolute disgrace losing these games with the likes of Sanchez and Vidal there. I really want to see Argentina and Chile make it. I want to see the best in Russia....I mean I want to see Germany beat the best in Russia ;)

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th thru 8th is separated by 4 points entering the final 2 games of WCQ in South America. Columbia and Uruguay seems pretty safe

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Argentina just seems to underachieve in big international moments the past few years at the wrong time. Venezuela...they are barely a country right now. Chile absolute disgrace losing these games with the likes of Sanchez and Vidal there. I really want to see Argentina and Chile make it. I want to see the best in Russia....I mean I want to see Germany beat the best in Russia ;)

If not for that Higuain character, Argentina are likely WC champs and Copa America Champs also. I have no idea how he sleeps at night.