• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Cup 2018

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've actually seen it hyped a lot. Die hards will still watch even without the USA, it's just the casual bandwagoners that won't tune in.

I'll be going for Argentina, though I would like to see Colombia shock the world.

Yeah I'll be watching for sure.

Already made plans to call out sick next Friday to watch the first full day of group play lol

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy how different it is with no team USA in the world cup.

World Cup is little more than a week away and you wouldn't know it.

Decided to adopt England and Nigeria as my 2 teams this world cup

Viva La POLAND!!!!!!!

But yeah I’ll prolly also root for the idiots across the pond.

Still rooting for the Poles first though.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says something about your squad when you have the luxury and depth to omit someone like Sane.

Is Sane better than Draxler or Brandt? Probably. 14 goals and 19 assists is hard to pass up. But I heard he has an attitude. Low mentioned that in an earlier friendly this year when he scowled at other team mates for inaccurate passes, etc. and he needed work on his attitude. Plus he passed on Confederations Cup last year for nose surgery pissing off Bierhoff. Brandt and Draxler played. So in some ways he shot himself in the foot. Plus 12 Caps and been pretty bad in all off them. Yet to score a goal in any of the. It is risk so we'll see.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Sane better than Draxler or Brandt? Probably. 14 goals and 19 assists is hard to pass up. But I heard he has an attitude. Low mentioned that in an earlier friendly this year when he scowled at other team mates for inaccurate passes, etc. and he needed work on his attitude. Plus he passed on Confederations Cup last year for nose surgery pissing off Bierhoff. Brandt and Draxler played. So in some ways he shot himself in the foot. Plus 12 Caps and been pretty bad in all off them. Yet to score a goal in any of the. It is risk so we'll see.
I heard that also, Low, and the German team down the years, don't take to kindly to bad attitudes and selfish players, which one of the reason IMO that they've been so successful. And let's be honest, it's easy to look good in a squad like Man City as opposed to Brandt at Leverkusen.

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting. Didn't know that. Would he have been in the starting line up if he had gone? It's easier to deal with an attitude like that if the player is on the pitch rather than if he's on the bench. If he's just back up leaving him at home was probably the right decision.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Didn't know that. Would he have been in the starting line up if he had gone? It's easier to deal with an attitude like that if the player is on the pitch rather than if he's on the bench. If he's just back up leaving him at home was probably the right decision.
Doubt it.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy how different it is with no team USA in the world cup.

World Cup is little more than a week away and you wouldn't know it.

Decided to adopt England and Nigeria as my 2 teams this world cup

Productivity around here is going to drop hard in a couple weeks...with or without USMNT involved...

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt it.

Not going to be a starter. 5th man behind the Brandt and Draxler. Low decided to keep an extra defenseman instead of the 5th forward. Makes some sense due to the fitness of Boetang and Hummels. Sitting on the bench Low felt would cause an attitude problem with the other players. But if Germany gets behind, a fresh Sane coming off the bench would be nice luxury. Anyways, he needs to commit more seriously to the national team and hopefully can be a key factor in Euros in 2020.

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look for Argentina's lineup to look something like this, Though if he's 100%, Romero will start instead of Caballero (possibly the same for Aguero instead of Higuain)

--------------Higuain-------------

Di Maria ------------------- Messi

-----Lo Celso ---------- Lanzini

-------------- Masherano-------------

Taliafico---Otemendi --- Fazio--- Mercado

----------------Caballero----------------------

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody got any sleeper picks? Or maybe favored teams who you think will flop?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Flop? The team I'm rooting for.... Belgium.... Nice squad, but my Evertonian fandom can't see Roberto Martinez getting them too far...

As for other teams I'm pulling for? Kind of a lot...

Costa Rica, Mexico, England, Iceland, Australia... Would get behind Peru or Panama if they were to make a run as well...

I'm not typically a front-runner. I like Belgium because of my familiarity with the squad and players..

rsw626

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Colombia and Peru will surprise a few folks, could also see Morocco and South Korea pulling an upset or two.

As for the favorites, even though I hate to say it, Argentina has the potential to be the biggest flop of the big favorites (Germany, Brazil, France, Argentina, Spain) they are fantastic going forward, but midfield and defense is a concern, I also think that while they win the group, Spain may disappoint, don't know why, just a feeling.

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look for Argentina's lineup to look something like this, Though if he's 100%, Romero will start instead of Caballero (possibly the same for Aguero instead of Higuain)

Disappointed that Ever Banega probably won't play much. I think he's a great player on his good days.

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Senegal and Serbia to surprise some people. I'd agree with Argentina potentially flaming out. They're in the toughest group and the squad is very attack heavy. too bad they can't play 3-1-6 with all those forwards.

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like Lanzini tore his ACL in training and is out of the squad. Replacement hasn't been named yet.