• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Word on the Street

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Cleveland Browns banner is in the works!

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have ALWAYS been a Browns fan, Art Modell sunk the ship...ONWERDZ!

I had to dive back into archives and find the last "best" Browns QB...from what I found, 6'6" behemoth Oregon State QB Dereck Anderson last took this club to the playoff...Anderson is still in the NFL as Panther's #3 QB. He did get the Browns to 10-6 in 07' I believe.

That was then and this is now. I have an idea for the Browns that won't cost em a #1 or 3 or even a 1st rounder.

Go after 6'5" Oregon State alltime passer in Shawn Mannion, who sits on a pathetic Ram bench as a #3 QB behind "who cares". Point is, this Mannion kid owns the PAC12 passing records and could be had for a fucking song no doubt.

Wait for more #1s to come down the pike in the future OR take excellent chance on a two year NFL clip-boarder and be amazed at his passing accuracy and a rocket for a throwing arm. Hell, Sean even looks like he has some wheels now to get out of trouble.

BTW...

Oregon State has 3 active QB alums in the NFL currently, second most behind USC I believe.

cheers...

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Year after year the Browns go through QB's, one after the other. 2 in 2 weeks! Now they are down to a rookie # 3 to start their 3rd game of the season. It's hard to get anything going this way.

This team has the worst luck of any sports team I know of. Some they brought on themselves. but not all.