• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

wonder how much longer ?

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man snider has looked terrible in rf and de arza is playing a pie role . pearce i bet he is battling sore wrist . davis k over 50 % . what if pearce best year ever was last year ? this team would be better than .500 with nolan . norris needs to be sent down and bring up wilson .

chris singleton says red sux have the edge over the o's . i bet he didn't even watch the games at best that was a 3-1 o's series . not bad for a team without jj , schoop and matt .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow pie out trying to steal 3rd with 2 outs . just bring up nolan

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the said part is the last 3 games shows you how much jj and schoops D means to this team . our D has been terrible poor caleb is double clutching everything to see who is covering second base . several balls have gotten by cabrera that jj would have had for sure . 1st and second 1 out and don't score on a hit ? double plays after double plays

TheWHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team doesn't have the good, versatile depth like it had in the last couple of years. Those bench guys are now being forced into more full time roles due to injuries or departures.

I wasn't too high on De Aza and in a perfect world he should be the 4th OF'er. Problem is that you have a duplicate player in Lough taking up a spot (both bat left, both have some speed, both don't hit well), and then a couple of DH-types masquerading as corner OF'ers in Young and Pearce. Chris Davis could also play some corner OF if we needed him to, just so we could get a potent bat in the order and play him at 1B.

I think we are seeing why Pearce has never been a full time starter. He excelled when Buck used him the proper way. Favorable matchups, playing him against guys he has good track records against. But now you can't protect him and he's not hitting well. Paredes can't play defense to save his life...but to get him in the lineup you have to pick your poison with him or Young being out there.

Getting Hardy back will help a lot, even if just from a defensive standpoint alone. He is the field general out there and he makes the whole team better when he's at SS.

This team just isn't quite as well put together as a whole.

As for Chris Davis, he's always been a high strikeout guy. He's also never been a huge walk guy before. The 50 HR season was an anomaly and I think he's a .240-.250 30HR 80 RBI guy. That's not so bad if you have the right pieces around him.