• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wk 4 vs Panthers

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CAR comes into the dome 1-2 and the Falcons are 2-1.

I felt the Panthers had nowhere to go but down from LY and so far that's playing out early in the season. They are not quite as good sacking the QB, their OTs are not playing that great, and they're not as good at CB. Still they are a talent bunch and will most likely be there at the end challenging to repeat as DIV champs.

Meanwhile...the Falcons have won back to back games on the road after dropping their home opener. The OFC is looking about as good as one could expect...and they're doing it without Julio being a huge factor. Matt Ryan is spreading the ball around a great deal and both young RBs, Freeman and Coleman are have had big impacts the last two games. Granted they were playing against two pretty good OFC teams, but the DEF still leaves a lot to be desired right now.

This game...the strong DTs still present a big problem for the ATL OL...I'm not really feeling like ATL will be able to run that well between the OTs...look for Shanahan to test the interior of their DL to keep them honest, but make most of their rushing yards stretching the field with the ZBS and cutting it back inside. If they can keep Short off of Ryan, I think the OFC will be able to put up points on the Panthers, just too many weapons to stop.

The question is how will the DEF play against a highly motivated Cam Newton. To be honest, I can't begin to guess how that is going to play out.

Just based off what we've seen recently, I like the Falcons to win this game 24-20.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW...48-33 and it wasn't that close!

Bottomline...CAR trying to play the Falcon WRs m-t-m with not much pass rush was disaster!