• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With the 32nd Pick in Rd 1 ...

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a late start this year with regards to scouting players ... but after doing some work on this year's crop of TE's I think we can wait on TE till later picks. It's very deep this year and we did pick up a decent backup in Richard Rodgers. You can get an Ian Thomas or Chris Herndon in the 4th or 5th. All we need out of the draft pick is to replace Burton's production and even though Burton had 5 scores in the regular season, he only had around 250 yards. I think Rodgers could help out in the Red Zone and the rookie can be sprinkled in; imo we don't need to use a 1st rounder on a TE.

I think both Thomas and Herndon will be gone before the end of the 3rd. I'm looking at a guy like Durham Smythe or Jaylen Samuels in the 4th if we wait to draft one later, Smythe is an established blocker who was underutilized in the pass game, and Samuels is a swiss-army knife that Dougie can get really creative with in his offense. He's not for everyone, but I believe he could be very effective in the Birds' game plan.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction for Rd 1 is a Corner who can play the slot and help in the return game. Either Mike Hughes or Jaire Alexander. Donte Jackson if both Hughes and Alexander are off the board ... Jackson just lacks ball skills (bad hands) which drops him a peg under the other 2.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction for Rd 1 is a Corner who can play the slot and help in the return game. Either Mike Hughes or Jaire Alexander. Donte Jackson if both Hughes and Alexander are off the board ... Jackson just lacks ball skills (bad hands) which drops him a peg under the other 2.

I agree, and also the best safety available is another possibility. That said, if Guice is still there, I think they take him first. My top preference though, is to trade back to get picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. If they get a good offer for Foles, that trumps all.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just won the Super Bowl. We have some needs but nothing that is glaring right now. I say take the BPA or trade down. Does it really matter who? About the only move I would question would be if we took a QB. :D :D
Would be great even to trade it for a 1st next year. Basically just skip the first two days of this years draft. The whole team is coming back anyway. Then next year we add some serious talent.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid.
Dime corner and 3rd safety.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just won the Super Bowl. We have some needs but nothing that is glaring right now. I say take the BPA or trade down. Does it really matter who? About the only move I would question would be if we took a QB. :D :D

and punter or kicker...

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philadelphia Eagles executive vice president of football operations Howie Roseman said that the team is open to potentially trading back.

"We're open for business in every round -- if it's something that we think makes sense for our team, we're going to do it," he said. "But at the same time, we're ready to pick." It's pretty boilerplate front office speak for this time of the year, but in the particular case of the Eagles, it is sensible possibility to watch. They own the No. 32 pick, at the end of the first round. That's very much in the range of selections where you often see teams jump up from the second round. Additionally, the Eagles don't have a second- or third-round pick this year, as the bill has now come due for their trade up to No. 2 in 2016, when they selected franchise face Carson Wentz.
Source: CBS Sports

It's looking more and more like we're getting extra picks :suds:

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philadelphia Eagles executive vice president of football operations Howie Roseman said that the team is open to potentially trading back.

"We're open for business in every round -- if it's something that we think makes sense for our team, we're going to do it," he said. "But at the same time, we're ready to pick." It's pretty boilerplate front office speak for this time of the year, but in the particular case of the Eagles, it is sensible possibility to watch. They own the No. 32 pick, at the end of the first round. That's very much in the range of selections where you often see teams jump up from the second round. Additionally, the Eagles don't have a second- or third-round pick this year, as the bill has now come due for their trade up to No. 2 in 2016, when they selected franchise face Carson Wentz.
Source: CBS Sports

It's looking more and more like we're getting extra picks :suds:

Works for me.

The more I think on it the more I think it is a VERY fluid thing that is going to have to develop through the 1st round. Maybe someone drops they want....maybe they keep answering the phone and take a deal. I think Howie is saying all the right things to keep it open and flexible....because I think that is exactly what it is.

No bluff game (per se)....just a team that is wide open to possibility. And I think there is good trust that they will make the right analysis on the fly.

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the same earlier but I tend to take it with a grain of salt. There are few teams that blatantly say they are not trading their pick. I don't think it may or may not happen just saying pretty much everyone is saying this right now. I still think its a good possibility but also remember when Howie discussed the percentage of hitting on picks by moving down vs up. The stats heavily favored moving up while down was pretty bad. Just food for thought.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles' 7-round NFL Mock Draft | Version 4.0

I've mentioned Ragnow before, but I thought he was going to drop because of injury. He's going to be a stud. 32 might be a bit rich because of the injury stuff, but he would be a nice replacement down the road if we were able to trade back a few spots into the 2nd. There's been some buzz on him recently.

If the Eagles' draft were to happen like this projection, I'd be a very happy guy - but I feel they have Smith and Reaves ranked too low, I've been reading some banter that Smith could be a Day 2 pick, Birds brought him in for a visit earlier this month I believe.

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting he mocked us 3 safeties. I'm not sure we pick a lb/S hybrid (White) as we just did last year with Nate Gerry. I realize he didn't play a lot but is there already. Other than that I'd like it too.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting he mocked us 3 safeties. I'm not sure we pick a lb/S hybrid (White) as we just did last year with Nate Gerry. I realize he didn't play a lot but is there already. Other than that I'd like it too.

White would make some sense as another young guy to compete with Gerry, as you said similar profiles and game... but it would mean to move on from Kendricks which some may believe will happen this weekend, or at some point before preseason starts. Smith is definitely a corner though, not sure why they listed him as a Safety.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles' 7-round NFL Mock Draft | Version 4.0

I've mentioned Ragnow before, but I thought he was going to drop because of injury. He's going to be a stud. 32 might be a bit rich because of the injury stuff, but he would be a nice replacement down the road if we were able to trade back a few spots into the 2nd. There's been some buzz on him recently.

If the Eagles' draft were to happen like this projection, I'd be a very happy guy - but I feel they have Smith and Reaves ranked too low, I've been reading some banter that Smith could be a Day 2 pick, Birds brought him in for a visit earlier this month I believe.
I've been thinking about the Guards and Centers that would be good value around 32. We could go that way and clean up the depth there while giving Seumalo his last chance.

Braden Smith, Will Hernandez, James Daniels, Frank Ragnow.

They look like more sure things than the OTs that will be available at 32. Each could sit the year/provide depth and take over LG next year with a year of experience in the offense.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been thinking about the Guards and Centers that would be good value around 32. We could go that way and clean up the depth there while giving Seumalo his last chance.

They look like more sure things than the OTs that will be available at 32. Each could sit the year/provide depth and take over LG next year with a year of experience in the offense.

I would throw Isaiah Wynn in there too, very polished and could potentially even play Tackle in an emergency situation if needed. If Howie is successful in procuring a trade back into early Day 2, we could probably still get one of those guys and would represent excellent value. At worst any of those guys are going to be solid starting players for a long time.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wynn will be gone long before 32 ... if he were to slip I can absolutely see the Eagles snagging him.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Will Hernandez is a flat out beast ... throw him at LG and run all day long to the left side. He next to Peters would be really fun to watch as they manhandle opponents in the running game.