• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With the 32nd Pick in Rd 1 ...

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because 1st round picks will always get paid more than non-1st round picks eventually.

What?! Marcus Smith says hi...

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR DJ Moore is a guy I'm hearing could get some love if still there at 32. Electric after the catch and played with really bad QB play. 5'11" but explosive and strong (215 lbs).

DJ Moore is from Philly too. He could be an option at 32 for sure. He is being called the next Stephon Diggs since both are Maryland Terrapins, but his game seems similar too.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Mike Wallace a stud? I don't think so.
Because 1st round picks will always get paid more than non-1st round picks eventually. Plus, they're NOT going to draft a TE in the 1st to be a backup for several years.

I'm not dogging your opinion, but your completely wrong about the money paid to a TE thing. A 1st round pick TE is "NOT" going to make more than Ertz. Not even close. I said this earlier already. A 1st round TE will make in the 1.5 mil range. Ertz is making 5mil, was given a huge bonus, and due to make 12 next year (which will probably get reworked). On top of that.... TE is one of the CHEAPEST positions to draft!!! So using salary as a reason, is simply wrong.

I get you want a WR, but that just isn't our need. Wallace replaced Smith. Was smith a stud??? Was he expected to be??? And hollins was a rookie. They usually take their leap going into the 2nd year. Any WR you draft is not going to be a 'stud' this year either! Again, the reasoning is just faulty. Any WR we bring in is going to be a #4 AT BEST. YOu don't use a 1st round pick for a 4th WR on the team. That is a developmental player.

And Sidney Jones, while projected a top 10 pick, is basically a ROOKIE this year. IT is VERY dangerous to depend solely on him. That's a big reason we can't let other CB's go. The fact we did with Robinson, makes this already precarious. Jones will NOT be as good this year, as he will be next - because it's a rookie year and he will need time to get up to speed. You don't gamble on players being good, you let them compete and prove themselves and then take over in a smooth transition.

We just agree to disagree. You think WR is a top need. Honestly, other than QB, it's one of our lowest. But your use of salary discussing TE's is just wrong. And how can you make a case that a 2nd TE is 'just a backup' but then argue for a WR that would be a 4th WR AT BEST???? You realize Burton just went and got an 8 mil/year deal as our backup because we used 2 TE sets so much???

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they pick a TE in the 1st, he wouldn't be a backup, but would take Celek's place, when they go to 2 TE's.

Your right - a TE would be a 2 TE starter, and would be substituted in anytime Ertz isn't on the field. But I disagree, he would become Celek's place. He would become Burton's place. The FA we picked up will likely be in Celek's role.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those that like TE... if both are there.. would you go Hurst.. or Goedert??? Goedert has some huge hands, and a true hands receiver.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not dogging your opinion, but your completely wrong about the money paid to a TE thing. A 1st round pick TE is "NOT" going to make more than Ertz. Not even close. I said this earlier already. A 1st round TE will make in the 1.5 mil range. Ertz is making 5mil, was given a huge bonus, and due to make 12 next year (which will probably get reworked). On top of that.... TE is one of the CHEAPEST positions to draft!!! So using salary as a reason, is simply wrong.

I get you want a WR, but that just isn't our need. Wallace replaced Smith. Was smith a stud??? Was he expected to be??? And hollins was a rookie. They usually take their leap going into the 2nd year. Any WR you draft is not going to be a 'stud' this year either! Again, the reasoning is just faulty. Any WR we bring in is going to be a #4 AT BEST. YOu don't use a 1st round pick for a 4th WR on the team. That is a developmental player.

And Sidney Jones, while projected a top 10 pick, is basically a ROOKIE this year. IT is VERY dangerous to depend solely on him. That's a big reason we can't let other CB's go. The fact we did with Robinson, makes this already precarious. Jones will NOT be as good this year, as he will be next - because it's a rookie year and he will need time to get up to speed. You don't gamble on players being good, you let them compete and prove themselves and then take over in a smooth transition.

We just agree to disagree. You think WR is a top need. Honestly, other than QB, it's one of our lowest. But your use of salary discussing TE's is just wrong. And how can you make a case that a 2nd TE is 'just a backup' but then argue for a WR that would be a 4th WR AT BEST???? You realize Burton just went and got an 8 mil/year deal as our backup because we used 2 TE sets so much???
When 2 players are of equal caliber, the 1st round pick will usually make more money than the non-1st round pick. After a few years, the new TE will probably make more than Ertz does.
Torrey Smith STANK. If Hollins and Gibson couldn't beat him out, then what does that say about them?
Wallace wasn't very good in Baltimore. Why would he be good here?
You're right. We can agree to disagree. We will see what the Eagles do in 8 days.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see the Birds pretty much going in any direction with Pick 32 if they stay there. If the Eagles really like a WR at 32 they like better than Mike Wallace, the can always cut Wallace later and only be on the hook for a mil. They have shown considerable interest in both Courtland Sutton and DJ Moore (both predicted to go in the late 1st - early 2nd area), so it's not inconceivable to think they have interest at the position at our spot.

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those that like TE... if both are there.. would you go Hurst.. or Goedert??? Goedert has some huge hands, and a true hands receiver.

On tape Hurst is better to me. Just as good catching but better blocking and playing in the SEC vs where ever SDSU plays. The age is the killer. On average, rookie TE do not play very well or make an 'impact'. Even if Hurst would make a big second year leap you still only get 5ish years out of him being 25.

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Smith was a bust.

Exactly. So, clearly the only dumb statement was "Because 1st round picks will always get paid more than non-1st round picks eventually".

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. So, clearly the only dumb statement was "Because 1st round picks will always get paid more than non-1st round picks eventually".

I thought Marcus Smith was a great example to counter that statement. A first rounder is only assured to make more than later rounds in the rookie deal. After that is totally based on production.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On tape Hurst is better to me. Just as good catching but better blocking and playing in the SEC vs where ever SDSU plays. The age is the killer. On average, rookie TE do not play very well or make an 'impact'. Even if Hurst would make a big second year leap you still only get 5ish years out of him being 25.
There's a good chance Hurst only looks better because he had 3+ years on everyone At that age it's a huge advantage. On the flip side he could be be ready sooner in the league. Age 27 tends to be when TEs have finally grown into being able to handle life in the trenches.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just won the Super Bowl. We have some needs but nothing that is glaring right now. I say take the BPA or trade down. Does it really matter who? About the only move I would question would be if we took a QB. :D :D

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless a top prospect that they like, I am sure that they will trade down, in order to get at least one pick each in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Things are heating up for a trade on draft day for Foles. eleven teams are looking for a QB, and since there are only 5 or 6 possible 1st round prospects, at east a couple of teams will be willing to give up a couple picks for Nicky.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When 2 players are of equal caliber, the 1st round pick will usually make more money than the non-1st round pick. After a few years, the new TE will probably make more than Ertz does.
Torrey Smith STANK. If Hollins and Gibson couldn't beat him out, then what does that say about them?
Wallace wasn't very good in Baltimore. Why would he be good here?
You're right. We can agree to disagree. We will see what the Eagles do in 8 days.

You are comparing a rookie TE (who will be on a 4 year minmum contract for about 1.5 mil at best) to an established TE who just signed for like 5 year 42 mil. And because of where they were drafted - will "one day" (which will be like 5 years from now, "IF" it even happens) might make more money than Ertz. WTF?? Since when do you decide to not pick someone because he 'might' turn out to good and make more money than someone you have now - 5 years from now????? As said, TE is one of the lowest paid average salary positions anyways. I'm sorry, but your reasoning is flawed in bringing up money as a reason to not get a TE.

And Hollins was a "ROOKIE!!!" He did very well. Agholor took a little while to develop as well. And guess what, any rookie WR we get this year will take a few years to develop as well. WR is a luxury and just not a need right now. It is honestly near the bottom of the list of 'needs' right now on the team.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a late start this year with regards to scouting players ... but after doing some work on this year's crop of TE's I think we can wait on TE till later picks. It's very deep this year and we did pick up a decent backup in Richard Rodgers. You can get an Ian Thomas or Chris Herndon in the 4th or 5th. All we need out of the draft pick is to replace Burton's production and even though Burton had 5 scores in the regular season, he only had around 250 yards. I think Rodgers could help out in the Red Zone and the rookie can be sprinkled in; imo we don't need to use a 1st rounder on a TE.