• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

win or lose we still win

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we win, we're on the right track

we lose, we're one step closer to luck

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pulling for the Panthers to have a top 5 pick thus allowing us to trade up with them to get our QB or the future. Actually any team that doens't need a top QB finishing in the bottom 5 would be great! The more teams that don't need QB's at the top of the draft the better the chance that we'll trade up!

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not really the case. We win 6 or 7 games and we aren't on the right track by any means. We are just in this same stall we have been in for the past few years. But at the same time, those are too many wins to be able to draft Luck without trading away our entire draft.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you rather we make the playoffs or have Andrew Luck?

I can never root for us to lose just for a draft pick. No matter how bad our QB situation is i just dont think i can bring myself to hoping for losses. Just my opinion.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you rather we make the playoffs or have Andrew Luck?

I can never root for us to lose just for a draft pick. No matter how bad our QB situation is i just dont think i can bring myself to hoping for losses. Just my opinion.

thats what i'm talking about. if we pull off the playoffs that means smith has progressed like rich gannon. however, if we find ways to lose enough games to get luck, would that be a bad thing? this team has so many holes, we'd be lucky to win a playoff game.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have no chance at Andrew Luck. We aren't a very good team, but were not so bad that we're going to lose more than 6 or 7 games. We may have a shot at Jones, but who knows what we will do in the draft. Perhaps Harbaugh is content with Kap for the long term. We didn't trade up to get him in the second from for nothing, or did we?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have no chance at Andrew Luck. We aren't a very good team, but were not so bad that we're going to lose more than 6 or 7 games. We may have a shot at Jones, but who knows what we will do in the draft. Perhaps Harbaugh is content with Kap for the long term. We didn't trade up to get him in the second from for nothing, or did we?

landry jones is kinda scaring me. i'm kinda thinking he might end up being 4th or 5th best qb in the draft.

as far as kap goes, seems like a back up/3rd stringer to me.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck seems like a great prospect, but that doesn't guarantee him shit in the NFL. I don't see how going 2-14, or worse, is a win for the 49ers.

Luck is locked in as an NFL Franchise QB? Yeah? Quite a few QBs would disagree with that guarantee. Leinart, Couch, Carr, Russell, Vince Young, Mirer, Shuler, Leaf, Akili Smith... etc. These were all can't miss prospects who were anything but...

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck seems like a great prospect, but that doesn't guarantee him shit in the NFL. I don't see how going 2-14, or worse, is a win for the 49ers.

Luck is locked in as an NFL Franchise QB? Yeah? Quite a few QBs would disagree with that guarantee. Leinart, Couch, Carr, Russell, Vince Young, Mirer, Shuler, Leaf, Akili Smith... etc. These were all can't miss prospects who were anything but...

I have to disagree with some of those names as "can't miss prospects" but I agree with the sentiment. You can't tank a season to get a draft pick...period.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

none of those guys were considered can't miss prospects outside of mirer. maybe leaf, but manning was the can't miss prospect that year and luck is being considered in manning/elway category.

leaf physically was miles ahead of manning but mentally he wasn't. luck doesn't seem to be a headcase.

if harbaugh really thinks highly of luck, i wouldn't be opposed to a ricky williams style scenerio. i wouldnt really like it, but the drafting is bad anyways with this staff

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
none of those guys were considered can't miss prospects outside of mirer. maybe leaf, but manning was the can't miss prospect that year and luck is being considered in manning/elway category.

leaf physically was miles ahead of manning but mentally he wasn't. luck doesn't seem to be a headcase.

if harbaugh really thinks highly of luck, i wouldn't be opposed to a ricky williams style scenerio. i wouldnt really like it, but the drafting is bad anyways with this staff

When Leinart came back a lot of people considered him a can't miss prospect for the 2006 draft and a lock to go #1 overall.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Leinart came back a lot of people considered him a can't miss prospect for the 2006 draft and a lock to go #1 overall.

what on espn boards? his stock seemed to drop a ton after he went back to school. even palmer wasn't considered a can't miss prospect, yet he went #1 while lienart fell to 10

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I'm not mistaken I remember some theories of him staying in school that extra year because the Niners were gonna take him #1 and he didn't want to walk into that situation.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what on espn boards? his stock seemed to drop a ton after he went back to school. even palmer wasn't considered a can't miss prospect, yet he went #1 while lienart fell to 10

Leinart was hyped up almost that entire college year as the top QB for the 2006 draft. It wasn't until the National Championship that his stock dropped and Vince Young's skyrocketed. The truth is, his stock might not even have dropped... it was just that Vince Young's took off.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leinart was hyped up almost that entire college year as the top QB for the 2006 draft. It wasn't until the National Championship that his stock dropped and Vince Young's skyrocketed. The truth is, his stock might not even have dropped... it was just that Vince Young's took off.

plenty of qb's went 1st and weren't considered can't miss. lienert was far from the can't miss category at anytime in his career. he was popular because of where he played, thats about it.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If Alex and Kap both end up playing this year and both stink, then if Harbaugh wants Luck in the draft then trade everything you got to move up to #1 to grab him.

Pull a Ricky Williams type trade.