• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Willis the blitzer?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to inject some new topics....

What are some of your opinions on Willis being blitzed so often?

During the stretch towards the end, I felt it made us more vunerable having him Blitz, cause he's not a great pass rusher so he gets blocked more often than none but it also takes him out of the play where he excels at...

Idk, what your thoughts? I like to see less of him blitzing, rather see Bowman go hard since he's more suited for it.

PWilly52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I agree I definately want Willis in the field and around the ball. More often than not they usually pick him up. Bowman better blitzing MLB. Willis will make game changing plays in open field and thats where he needs to be when the games coming down to the wire. I like the fact that we mix it up and bring Willis but not late in the game like that.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like changing things up, trying to make Willis an all around beast in all facets of the game. However in the Fourth we have to lead with our strengths, which is not blitzing our best tackling machine.
I liked how Fangio brought pressure from various sides of the field but I think he used a three man rush too much, especially with a banged up/young Dallas Oline. Test their communication and ability to block 5 guys. Romo got knocked plenty but he just picked us apart too easily.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of using Willis as a blitzer from time to time but too much could be a bad thing. He definitely needs to sit back and make Patrick Willis plays. He made his name playing the ball rather than rushing the passer.

I think we don't have a blitz scheme at all.... it's all bull rush....

PWilly52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about the bull rush. It really seems like we are sending guys but they are just simply gap blitzing straight up. The need to use stunts and loops more

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our OLBs always go outside... dont really try to mix it up...... that bugs the bejesus out of me....