• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Rex Ryan be shown the door this week?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Whaley is safe.

Looks like Taylor will not be re-signed.

I understand firing the Ryans. How does Lynn have a chance if EJ Manuel is leading his showcase game?

What a fucking disgrace.

I don't think the door has been closed on Taylor returning yet. They just don't want to risk him getting injured and immediately triggering guarantees on his extension. This gives them some flexibility and time to decide while they hire their next coach, which IMO should be Lynn. The other leading candidate is grumpy old man Coughlin.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the door has been closed on Taylor returning yet. They just don't want to risk him getting injured and immediately triggering guarantees on his extension. This gives them some flexibility and time to decide while they hire their next coach, which IMO should be Lynn. The other leading candidate is grumpy old man Coughlin.

Coughlin seems to be headed toward the Jaguars.

Unless we pull off a trade for Sean Payton, I want Lynn to be our head coach

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Ryan should have been fired personally but I didnt think he should have been hired in the first place so Im not happy or upset over this move. The major downside is you have spent two years collecting players for Ryans defense and now if you hire a guy who runs a 4-3 then we are back to where we were when we hired Ryan. As far a Lynn I think he has no shot how are you going to fire Rex and then hire his long time assistant. As far as Whaley I think he has done some good and some bad. He was saddled with Manuel so he did what most GMs would do try and surround him with weapons to see if he improves which cost us a first round pick. the Clay contract was bad. but I think he had his best draft this past one. Darby so far is a good pick in the second round. He also brought in Incognito which has really helped our line. Also he has done something I can remember any recent GM doing and that is resigning our own players. So honestly I think Whaley should still be the GM atleast for another few years. Also lets not forget Pegulla hired Rex if you ask Whaley privately I think he would have hired someone different. This team has talent but unfortunately because of the constant changing they cant bring it all together.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree I think redoing his deal to help lower the salary is something they want to do but can if he gets injured in a meaningless game.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Doug Whaley and EJ Manuel can't look competent against the Jets, how the hell can he get a free pass?

I'm so disgusted.

If Jay Cutler or Mike Glennon or anyone but Tyrod is signed, like today, I will not watch.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Doug Whaley and EJ Manuel can't look competent against the Jets, how the hell can he get a free pass?

I'm so disgusted.

If Jay Cutler or Mike Glennon or anyone but Tyrod is signed, like today, I will not watch.

Today has me pissed, I know we wanted to avoid guaranteeing the contract but the fact that we just willingly bent our asses over and let the Jets have their way with us is sickening. I knew the moment we decided to start Manuel that it would happen because Manuel sucks and brings down the whole offense, without the offense to hold it together we can't keep up with the 30+ plus points that our defense was bound to give up to our opponent.

But maybe there is a bright side, maybe now that our incompetent front office saw just how significantly better Tyrod was compared to our backups maybe they will realize that Tyrod actually was a good QB this year. I mean seriously we torched the Dolphins for nearly 600 yards with Tyrod at QB and with our other QBs we only put up 10 on the Jets defense, one of the worst defenses in the NFL

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But maybe there is a bright side, maybe now that our incompetent front office saw just how significantly better Tyrod was compared to our backups maybe they will realize that Tyrod actually was a good QB this year. I mean seriously we torched the Dolphins for nearly 600 yards with Tyrod at QB and with our other QBs we only put up 10 on the Jets defense, one of the worst defenses in the NFL

My thought as well.

As far as improving the defense next year, I have to think whomever takes over the defense (assuming all of Rex's guys are gone) gets essentially 2 bonus draft picks in Reggie Ragland and Shaq Lawson. Hopefully the Bills hire someone to run a 3-4, as the team seems to be pretty well loaded with linebackers now (Ragland, PBrown, ZBrown, LAlexander, Hughes, Lawson, Spikes). including 3 rush LBs in Lo, Hughes and Lawson. Bills need to invest in another interior DL in the draft, even if Kyle returns for another season. Do they keep Gilmore, and how much will he cost if so? Another corner (and a safety) are probably also needed.

Hopefully someone that will bring some discipline to this team will get more consistent effort out of them. The laughable tackling the past two weeks has been absolutely embarrassing.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thought as well.

As far as improving the defense next year, I have to think whomever takes over the defense (assuming all of Rex's guys are gone) gets essentially 2 bonus draft picks in Reggie Ragland and Shaq Lawson. Hopefully the Bills hire someone to run a 3-4, as the team seems to be pretty well loaded with linebackers now (Ragland, PBrown, ZBrown, LAlexander, Hughes, Lawson, Spikes). including 3 rush LBs in Lo, Hughes and Lawson. Bills need to invest in another interior DL in the draft, even if Kyle returns for another season. Do they keep Gilmore, and how much will he cost if so? Another corner (and a safety) are probably also needed.

Hopefully someone that will bring some discipline to this team will get more consistent effort out of them. The laughable tackling the past two weeks has been absolutely embarrassing.

Defensive line depth is a must, we have some good rush linebackers but the actual line really lacks in depth. Corner and safety are big needs both have to be addressed in the draft because free agent signings at both spots never works.

I wasn't surprised by the lackluster performance, I feel like benching Tyrod for Manuel basically told the team that we have no intent on winning the game. We need some discipline though, I didn't like firing Ryan after only 2 years but the lack of discipline is one thing I definitely won't miss from him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive line depth is a must, we have some good rush linebackers but the actual line really lacks in depth. Corner and safety are big needs both have to be addressed in the draft because free agent signings at both spots never works.

I wasn't surprised by the lackluster performance, I feel like benching Tyrod for Manuel basically told the team that we have no intent on winning the game. We need some discipline though, I didn't like firing Ryan after only 2 years but the lack of discipline is one thing I definitely won't miss from him.

The failure in effort started before week 17 though. Those missed tackles and pursuit angles in the Dolphins game were awful.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Buffalo News' Vic Carucci reports the Bills are "zeroed in" on Panthers DC Sean McDermott as their next head coach.

It was reported earlier Tuesday that the Bills were leaning toward McDermott or interim coach Anthony Lynn as their replacement for Rex Ryan. CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora added that owners Terry and Kim Pegula are "very intrigued" by McDermott. Carucci reports something could be done in the next day or two. McDermott, 43 in March, has never been a head coach at any level.
Related: Bills

Source: Vic Carucci on Twitter

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Buffalo News' Vic Carucci reports the Bills are "zeroed in" on Panthers DC Sean McDermott as their next head coach.

It was reported earlier Tuesday that the Bills were leaning toward McDermott or interim coach Anthony Lynn as their replacement for Rex Ryan. CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora added that owners Terry and Kim Pegula are "very intrigued" by McDermott. Carucci reports something could be done in the next day or two. McDermott, 43 in March, has never been a head coach at any level.
Related: Bills

Source: Vic Carucci on Twitter

Good grief

:L

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, looks like McDermott is the hire, with Mike McCoy potentially his OC choice.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, looks like McDermott is the hire, with Mike McCoy potentially his OC choice.

Looks more and more like you guys land Shanny Jr. or McD episode 2.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks more and more like you guys land Shanny Jr. or McD episode 2.

I want no part of Brady's towel boy. If they hire a PAT, it better be PATricia, lol.

Rams appear to be intrigued with McVay, having a second meeting today.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want no part of Brady's towel boy. If they hire a PAT, it better be PATricia, lol.

Rams appear to be intrigued with McVay, having a second meeting today.

McVay is an interesting selection. Lots of upside there. Patricia seems like a great fit in San Diego.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After looking into it, I'm very intrigued by McDermott as well. It all lies with Taylor for me though. Keep him and get him protection. That's really all that matters.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDermott is off to a good start with me, we're going back to a 4-3 defense which is still a better fit for our players

Our first 3 picks from last year's draft are capable of playing in a 4-3 defense as well

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDermott is off to a good start with me, we're going back to a 4-3 defense which is still a better fit for our players

Our first 3 picks from last year's draft are capable of playing in a 4-3 defense as well

Dareus and Kyle Williams are so much more of a threat on a 4-3. Hughes too... actually, Hughes the most. He is NOT an outside LB. He is a DE.

Yes. Good first step.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy might actually end up in Denver instead of Buffalo. Not a big loss IMO; any success he had as an OC came in his one year with Peyton lol. Maybe Buffalo retains Lynn instead?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy might actually end up in Denver instead of Buffalo. Not a big loss IMO; any success he had as an OC came in his one year with Peyton lol. Maybe Buffalo retains Lynn instead?

My thoughts exactly! Can't imagine Lynn wanting someone other than Taylor from the available rif-raf

Coughlin locked in for Jax....

Chargers seem interested as well though.... we shall see.