• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Dissly!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't it make more sense to use the pick on someone else and select Dissly later?
If if the "someone else" is rated pretty equally with other players at the same position, but you have Dissly as by far the best TE then no, it doesn't make more sense to wait on Dissly. Take the value if that's what you perceive it to be.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If if the "someone else" is rated pretty equally with other players at the same position, but you have Dissly as by far the best TE then no, it doesn't make more sense to wait on Dissly. Take the value if that's what you perceive it to be.

I agree, and given Seattle's strategy of obtaining a top rated blocking TE this season (and paying a premium for him)... this pick makes absolute sense. I mean I hope I'm wrong, but Dickson is likely getting injured at SOME point this year. And then we're back to Jimmy Graham shit TE blocking... that trade for Graham IMO is one of the biggest screw ups from this FO.

Edit: I really don't get the love of Griffin either.. he's a tweener. "We need depth for our linebackers!" "We need a backup for Kam!" Well there's no proof Griffin can do either well. Are we just falling in love with him because his brother is playing for Seattle? I've been listening to these media morons mentioning Griffin to Seattle and about the only thing they can say is, "Chance to play with this brother!" and how he's a great guy... nothing about how it fits the scheme or strategy Seattle is building.

And our SOLE mission should be building a blocking group and running game around Wilson at this point. That's who is getting paid BY FAR the most money. Blew my mind when all the dumbass analysts were blown away by Seattle not drafting a CB or DT/DE with the 1st pick.

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dissey was a needed pick there is no debate

But @Sharkonabicycle weneed to adress Secondary at some point. Hopefully with 2 5ths

Not going to agree entirely.. we still have one of the best safety crews in the NFL with Thomas, Chancellor, McDougald and Maxwell resigned (and was mid 80s PFF), plus Griffin was nearly 80 PFF and played great and is no longer a rookie. I think Seattle's perception of needing to spend heavily on secondary because Sherman left is out of fucking control.

I've basically dismissed anyone saying "Seattle NEEDS to draft SECONDARY NOW!" comments in the last 3 months.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K well there's your guy @seahawksfan234

Taking Dissly was better in the 4th. :D

I guess we're both okay now since we got the guys we liked. I'll PM you about the sex party.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurst was actually my guy, but the Raiders beat us to it.

I honestly wanted Hurst as well... 100% agree. Griffin is a solid consolation prize with our first pick in the 5th though.

I don't like Hurst's medical concerns though.. kind of 'meh' about taking guys who can't stay on the field. Has Clowney written all over it.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost our 2 best TE's to FA.
Again, I am good with this pick.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KIDDING ME!? I never would've thought we would've snagged him but LOVE seeing a UW alumni stay home. Dissly is without question the best blocking TE. With him and Dickson... goodbye running woes. We should have an EXCELLENT blocking group compared to 2017.

What a transform from our 2017 team... going with two sub par blockers (Graham/Willson) to one of the best blocking TEs in the league (Dickson) and the best blocking TE prospect on the board.

So you GET the strategy now, Penny haters? "OH he can't block and Seattle's O-Line sucks!" Yah... we don't need Penny to block now. This is amazing insurance for when Dickson leaves or gets injured (in his 30s).

Seattle finally getting back to what they won a SBOWL with. Now if Green can just get coached up...

Definitely will help the running game, FINALLY a TE that can block!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be great to have tight ends that not only can block, but actually do it. Geez watch Graham make a fake effort at blocking last couple of season really bugged that heck out of me. Damn if I’m not starting to feel more optimistic about this season.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Vannetts obviously a bust at this point if we're drafting another blocking TE with so many holes to fill. I understand the pick, but I dont like it. Would have rather seen a CB of lineman taken.

Why would Vannett be labeled a bust... We lost 2 TE's ahead of him on the depth chart... Dickinson was signed as insurance since we lost willson and graham...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dissly ran a 4.88 at 265 pounds. By no means is he an explosive downfield threat in the passing game, but he does have very reliable hands and catches the ball very naturally. He doesn't fight it like Luke W seemed to do a lot, and of course he is in a completely different league when it comes to blocking. Just seems like a really good fit and consistent with the overall theme this off-season of getting back to an offense than can rely on a physical running attack to control the game.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now let's get another Mack Strong at FB.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now let's get another Mack Strong at FB.
It wouldn't shock me if we used Dissly as an H-back type guy on occasion like the Vikings/Giants do with Rhett Ellison.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't shock me if we used Dissly as an H-back type guy on occasion like the Vikings/Giants do with Rhett Ellison.
We just signed K Hill, UDFA FB.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't it make more sense to use the pick on someone else and select Dissly later?

No, take the guy now if you like him cause he may not be there at the next pick. Example i'll give you is RW and the Eagles. Eagles loved RW and they really wanted to draft him in the second but they took someone else thinking he was on a lot of other teams boards in the 4th round or later so they waited to snag him in the third. What they didn't know is Seattle had him pegged as well in the second but felt they too could snag RW in the third and they did leaving the Eagles brass stunned when the Hawks picked him. Reach or not, if they like the kid take him and don't wait cause they have no idea what other teams are thinking.

rightstuff

Trump convicted on Washing Money.LOL.
Hoopla Cash
$ 13.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dissly in the backfield.
Love it.

So many options.
Lead Blocker.
Play action, Dissly in the flat.

Not seeing Dissly as that 'stretch the field guy'.
But how much did JG do that?

Reach in round 4, sure, ONLY because the pundits didn't have him going that high. I love the Pick.