• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why watching the Phillies can be painful

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down three, the Phillies have runners on 2nd and 3rd with nobody out. Darin Ruf is at the plate, and I am feeling very confident that he can at least hit a ground ball to the right side to score Fransden and get Ruiz over to third base, even if he has slumped to a .253 average. Ruf strikes out, but my blood pressure remains in tact because I am reminded that Ruf is still a rookie, and an adjusting period for a young hitter is expected after two or three months in the majors. Pitchers start to learn your weaknesses, and it takes time for a hitter to respond back by making an adjustment of their own.

In steps Asche. Down 0-2 against a tough left, Asche lines a rocket to center field to plate Fransden and Ruiz. After a 1-17 start, Asche has been surging at the plate; not to mention all the great defensive plays he has made at third base. I wonder how many extra wins we would have if Asche had been the opening day starter over M.Y.

Now here comes JMJ. I curse Ruben Amaro, and throw my remote across the room. Sure enough, Mayberry strikes out on a hanging change-up.

The only hitter worse than Mayberry in the Phillies' lineup is up next with two outs. Surprise, surprise, Mini-Mart strikes out. A wasted inning because of two awful players that shouldn't be on a major league roster, even with the expanded rosters.

:gaah:

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree with that fan382. Mayberry, 29, and Martinez, 30, are two players I don't want to see next year. I hope they try to give Cesar Hernandez, 23, excellent at 2b tonite and OF last nite, and a steady .300 hitter in the minors, loads of playing time this month. Maybe he could even grow into the ss position for Poppins.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really believe Asche is going to come along. I have seen that krap for so long now, I don't bother watching much of the games of the Phillies for that very reason of just watching them piss away inning after inning especially with runners in scoring position. I found better things to do until I think they have discovered this train wreck and fixed it and then I wonder back only to watch the same shit all over again. I must be nuts.