• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why is everyone letting Beltre off the hook?

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah... it was all Torrealba's fault. He tales Napoli's throw on the proper (right) side of the plate in the top of the 4th of game 3 ... and TEX goes on to win Game 3 instead of losing it ... and takes the series in five games at home. All Torrealba's fault ... who should never have been in the game at all.

Maybe TEX can trade Torrealba to that team in Korea for Dustin Nippert.

Regardless of where Torrealba was standing, watch, Napoli missed with a throw a 10 year old would make most of the time. That one play was hardly the turning point in an 18-7 drubbing.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of where Torrealba was standing, watch, Napoli missed with a throw a 10 year old would make most of the time. That one play was hardly the turning point in an 18-7 drubbing.

No. I think it was the missed call for the double play. Torrealba did a horrible job of calling the game, and I think people were most irritated at wash's reasoning for putting him behind the plate as opposed to fielding the best team.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I think it was the missed call for the double play. Torrealba did a horrible job of calling the game, and I think people were most irritated at wash's reasoning for putting him behind the plate as opposed to fielding the best team.

No doubt Torrealba is a spare, but I'll cut him some slack in this particular instance because it appeared that Harrison let the mistakes take him out of the game. Especially, after the missed call on the DP.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Torrealba is a spare, but I'll cut him some slack in this particular instance because it appeared that Harrison let the mistakes take him out of the game. Especially, after the missed call on the DP.

Harrison definitely let things get to him, but the poor guy had to get like 6 outs that inning and got no help from his own team or the umpires. People forget that if Ian hits Napoli's glove he wouldn't have had to make a spinning tag for the double play along with everything else that happened. It was a cluster, but Torrealba shouldve never been in the game. He did a horrible job of calling that game as everyone knew he would. He's a rather expensive #2 catcher that should only play 50 games a year. I say look for a serviceable #2 and deal him for pitching.