• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who are the most overrated and underrated college football coaches?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't mind him being on the overrated list, but at the same time I could easily see him having success.
yeah it will be interesting to see how he does at Florida State. Especially in 2-3 years when he gets a few of his recruiting classes in. Guy can recruit.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slime begets slime. There's a reason it's called 'The Dirty South'.

There's a reason nobody bothered to nickname PAC Football....nobody cares.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taggert makes sense.

Did great putting WKU on the CFB map and had a good last year at USF, but one 7-5 year at Oregon gets him FSU seemed like a stretch. Reminds me of Todd Graham.

Not sure how Kiffin is there after the year he just had at FAU and making the Owls a NY6 contender. Maybe some carry-over from the year before?

You should ask USC and Tenn fans how Kiffin is on the list, but duck immediately afterwards

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should ask USC and Tenn fans how Kiffin is on the list, but duck immediately afterwards
I certainly get why he was on it in the past, but after last year, meh give him a year off

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funniest part of that article was in the 'Explain Yourself (overrated)' section where it says....

"Willie Taggart because he still has a career losing record."

or

"James Franklin. His coaching peers know he is full of it."

One of the comments says...
  • "We're going to see in the next three years [what happens with Jimbo Fisher at Texas A&M]. That disaster last year at Florida State, he prides himself on being just like Nick Saban. He only worked for him for a couple of years. He never has the organizational skills. He flies by the seat [of his pants]. It looks like it's organized and the words he uses are the same, but if you talk to people who work in his office, the desk is sloppy, the rooms are sloppy."
Personally, I have always thought that Jimbo Fisher was one of if not the most overrated head coach in CFB. I always saw Jimbo as a guy that can recruit good talent, but never coached up or developed anybody. He does have a national title though... albeit with some incredible talent and pretty much one of the easiest schedules a national title winner has had. They beat only 3 teams that finished the season ranked and one of those teams was Auburn who they played (and almost lost to) in the national title game itself. But I digress.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:burt:
Never mind the fact that David Shaw is one of the most underrated

I looked at the guy's Twitter page.

He's one of those that thinks pro wrestling is real.

'Nuff said.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funniest part of that article was in the 'Explain Yourself (overrated)' section where it says....

"Willie Taggart because he still has a career losing record."

or

"James Franklin. His coaching peers know he is full of it."

One of the comments says...
  • "We're going to see in the next three years [what happens with Jimbo Fisher at Texas A&M]. That disaster last year at Florida State, he prides himself on being just like Nick Saban. He only worked for him for a couple of years. He never has the organizational skills. He flies by the seat [of his pants]. It looks like it's organized and the words he uses are the same, but if you talk to people who work in his office, the desk is sloppy, the rooms are sloppy."
Personally, I have always thought that Jimbo Fisher was one of if not the most overrated head coach in CFB. I always saw Jimbo as a guy that can recruit good talent, but never coached up or developed anybody. He does have a national title though... albeit with some incredible talent and pretty much one of the easiest schedules a national title winner has had. They beat only 3 teams that finished the season ranked and one of those teams was Auburn who they played (and almost lost to) in the national title game itself. But I digress.

I won't argue with you. He has a gaudy record but he was just
14-12 vs ranked opponents. And we had more talent than anybody else in the country with the exception of Alabama and
Ohio State. He's just hard-headed as could be seen by the
bad coaches that he refused to fire...Tricketts, the OL coach and
Kelly, the DC.

I remember writing in a post last October that FSU had tired
of him and he was going to be forced to make changes. Which
pissed him off and he left. BUT, he didn't take Kelly or Tricketts
with him. We did what we told him we would do. He was going
to fire them or the new Coach was gonna fire them. The new coach did.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CHARLIE FUCKING STRONG = OVERRATED
Willie Taggert, James Franklin = not overrated

Also overrated - Rich Rodriguez, Kirk Ferentz, Kevin Sumlin, Tom Herman

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll withhold judgement on Franklin until after I see how the offense looks without Moorhead.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
until Herman can maintain continued success, I'm not sold yet. He's got a chance this year and next year.
Ferentz hasn't been fired because no one else wants to coach at Iowa. Even Ron Zook shit out a Rose Bowl appearance at fucking Illinois. But he couldn't win a title at Florida when they were heads and shoulders above everyone in the SEC

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ferentz hasn't been fired because no one else wants to coach at Iowa.

I see Iowa as being a pretty good coaching gig. The school pumps lots of money into the football program (the brand new facilities are said to be spectacular, and the stadium is undergoing another upgrade). The fan base is pretty darn loyal & rabid. Many visiting B1G football players throughout the years have said that Kinnick Stadium is one of the most intimidating venues in which to play (the fans are practically right on top of the player bench area).

Also, the new recruiting visit rules help/favor out-of-the-way schools such as Iowa: parents now also get paid official visits, and recruits & parents can now take official visits during the Junior year of high school (far-away low income families & their sons are no longer limited to taking only unofficial visits in their Junior year to inexpensive near-by university locations.)