• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

White Sox Extend Robin Ventura

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The White Sox announced on Twitter that they have agreed to a multiyear extension with manager Robin Ventura.
Ventura originally signed a three-year contract with the White Sox covering the 2012-14 seasons. Though he had no prior managerial experience, the now-46-year-old Ventura has two seasons under his belt at the helm for the Sox, during which the team has turned in a 148-176 record. The extension will prevent Ventura from entering what could be a transitional year as a "lame duck" manager with just one remaining year on his contract.
General manager Rick Hahn, executive vice president Kenny Williams and the rest of the Sox front office clearly believe that Ventura, who enjoyed a strong 16-year career as a player from 1989-2004, is the correct voice to lead youngsters such as Jose Dariel Abreu, Adam Eaton and Matt Davidson in the right direction. The hope on the South Side is that those three will be able to add to a strong core of pitching that is fronted by ace and franchise cornerstone Chris Sale.

MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Very nice move for him and the Sox.

Last edited by a moderator:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams usually dont have their manager go into the season in the final yr of their contract. Why? I have no idea

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams usually dont have their manager go into the season in the final yr of their contract. Why? I have no idea

i'm guessing they don't like the idea of a manager being a lame duck.

i still think this is a mistake. but it's done. i can only hope now that in his third year he's learned a lot more than he learned in year two (which wasn't much imo).