• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

While I am excited that we are merging with the Pissons....

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....I see little of value to add to our team and no good reason for anyone to play a game in Detroit. It might make a good toxic dump site.....oh wait, they already have that covered.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....I see little of value to add to our team and no good reason for anyone to play a game in Detroit. It might make a good toxic dump site.....oh wait, they already have that covered.
And how many banners hang in the rafters at the Field House?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is going on with these threads? What are you talking about OP?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven't drunk anything tonight but I don't get whatever the heck he's talking about? Has it been a long day or is this guy a couple of bricks short of a load?

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I see what you're talking about:

za31.jpg

I checked out about 10 of the other NBA forums, and this is the only one where I see this type of problem. Weird.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, I've noticed it pretty much ever since I've joined this site but was too lazy to report it and didn't think it was worthwhile considering I've been the only Pacers fan to post here at the time anyway.

And what's up fordman? Remember when you said I'm not an adult unless you said I was? Sounds like someone speaks a little over their head, fucking asshole...

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't drunk anything tonight but I don't get whatever the heck he's talking about? Has it been a long day or is this guy a couple of bricks short of a load?

I must also apologize to the OP. I didn't get the thread until you explained it. Sorry for accusing you of drinking or being a nut.

I'm a nut so I sometimes forget that other people don't like being called a nut.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and enjoy the idiot named Josh Smith. He'll wreck what little of a team you Piss-ons have left.

Well, that is just a laughable concept as we have been in the cellar for the last 5 years. How could he wreck a disaster? Pistons are moving in the right direction.

Pacers better get it done in the next year or two because there is nowhere but down for them.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that is just a laughable concept as we have been in the cellar for the last 5 years. How could he wreck a disaster? Pistons are moving in the right direction.

Pacers better get it done in the next year or two because there is nowhere but down for them.

You do make 2 valid points, really nowhere for the Pistons to go but up and the Pacers to go but down.

I guess what I meant is that for any Detroit fans that think Josh Smith is going to get you anywhere, you'll be sorry! Down in Atlanta Horford carried his sorry butt.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do make 2 valid points, really nowhere for the Pistons to go but up and the Pacers to go but down.

I guess what I meant is that for any Detroit fans that think Josh Smith is going to get you anywhere, you'll be sorry! Down in Atlanta Horford carried his sorry butt.

I have to disagree. Detroit is not asking for Smith to be a savior, just a contributor, and he can do that. He will be the starting SF and in the rotation at PF. He is a huge upgrade for both. As a non-Pistons fan, can you even name the guys he replaces in the rotation at these positions? Kyle Singler, Jonas Jerebko, Jason Maxiell, Charlie Villanueva. He is worlds better than any of those guys; probably as talented as all of them put together. The major thing that worries me about both of Detroit's big acquisitions, Smith and Jennings, is their basketball IQ. Both are supremely talented, but play bonehead ball sometimes. I'm hoping the change of scenery, some leadership (Monroe, Drummond, Billups), and possibly decreased pressure of their role (not feeling they have to make every shot themselves) will improve their on court decision making. I wish that they were televising more Pistons preseason games in the area (only showing the last 3) so I could see how the new lineup looks because I actually have a good feeling for going into the season.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow haha some classy pacers fans. Keep it up, maybe in the next 40 years you guys will win a championship. I see the fans mold themselves after players like artest and o'neal.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree. Detroit is not asking for Smith to be a savior, just a contributor, and he can do that. He will be the starting SF and in the rotation at PF. He is a huge upgrade for both. As a non-Pistons fan, can you even name the guys he replaces in the rotation at these positions? Kyle Singler, Jonas Jerebko, Jason Maxiell, Charlie Villanueva. He is worlds better than any of those guys; probably as talented as all of them put together. The major thing that worries me about both of Detroit's big acquisitions, Smith and Jennings, is their basketball IQ. Both are supremely talented, but play bonehead ball sometimes. I'm hoping the change of scenery, some leadership (Monroe, Drummond, Billups), and possibly decreased pressure of their role (not feeling they have to make every shot themselves) will improve their on court decision making. I wish that they were televising more Pistons preseason games in the area (only showing the last 3) so I could see how the new lineup looks because I actually have a good feeling for going into the season.

The big problem with Josh Smith really isn't how good a player he is or isn't. He sows discord and you'll see that soon enough. I sure hope he's changed but I have serious doubts.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big problem with Josh Smith really isn't how good a player he is or isn't. He sows discord and you'll see that soon enough. I sure hope he's changed but I have serious doubts.

The discord that he has sown is nothing compared to the RIP/Iverson discord, or the open mutiny of players that the Pistons have been through lately. Smith's discord is sunshine and smiley faces relative to the Pistons recent history.

If he is such a problem, we've got plenty of big men and some team will want him; but I've got high hopes (it is just preseason after all---everyone is still a contender).