• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whew

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought Dave rice was going to bounce. Along with most, if not all, of the new recruiting class. There a bunch of people that want to run him out of town, and i thought for sure he was going to bail.
So glad he stayed, and i would like to remind all of the DR critics, that this is his first head coaching job. I am not comparing him to to Coach K, but Duke fans wanted him gone during his early ears there too. Give the guy a few years to show that he can mature and grow into a great coach, and stop acting like UNLV deserves a world class coach right out of the gates. Just be happy to somewhat be back on the map, and watch something grow.
(steps off of soap box and exits graciously)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the recruiting class he has coming in there is no way anyone should want him gone right now, obviously you guys are used to being in the tournament every year and didn't make it this year but clearly you'll be back in it soon enough.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but the fans are not realistic anymore. I swear they act like we have been a powerhouse for the last 20 years. I had a discussion with a guy that was talking about firing Rice and going after a "big name guy". I asked him, "who the hell do you think we are going to get for 400k?" UNLV doesnt have millions to offer. Its not like they are going to go grab a Shaka Smart when he has already turned down HUGE contract offers.
A god portion of the fans dont even pay attention, they just either say," Rebels are good right now" and it hard to find a ticket. Or, "Rebels suck, they need a real coach". It baffles me.