• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where to begin

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lm:

So the Flyers go out and sign the "best available goalie" and he is a head case. They once again go into a high profile game with their backup goalie. Lavvy gets completely out-coached. Much of the Flyers offense generated by ONE line.

So frustrating...and on a National stage....

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
solution #1 - play the goalie that you signed to a forever deal

solution #2 - stop switching the lines up all through the 2nd and 3rd. i understand jagr being hurt but that doesnt mean fuck with the other lines.

...also, why did they choose briere instead of giroux? i couldnt hear the announcer was he the only one that could take it?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So the Flyers go out and sign the "best available goalie" and he is a head case. They once again go into a high profile game with their backup goalie. Lavvy gets completely out-coached. Much of the Flyers offense generated by ONE line.

Sorry but I think that you're overreacting a little bit. Yes he could have started Bryz but Bob has been playing well that takes some balls to play him. Would have Bryz responded with the start who knows but this sets him up to get his job back which I'm sure he will. Most goalies are head cases its comical anyway and keeps the guys loose.

Lavy couldn't do much with Jagr going down...which screwed the lines up. Otherwise DB's line played great and Talbot, Schenn and Jake looked good too. 4th line played even up too. They also had 2 breakaways with lundquist getting very lucky on Giroux. Its one game they'll get the rags one day soon...

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but I think that you're overreacting a little bit. Yes he could have started Bryz but Bob has been playing well that takes some balls to play him. Would have Bryz responded with the start who knows but this sets him up to get his job back which I'm sure he will. Most goalies are head cases its comical anyway and keeps the guys loose.

Lavy couldn't do much with Jagr going down...which screwed the lines up. Otherwise DB's line played great and Talbot, Schenn and Jake looked good too. 4th line played even up too. They also had 2 breakaways with lundquist getting very lucky on Giroux. Its one game they'll get the rags one day soon...

At least you're positive. I'm sick of Seeing Torts smirk every time he is on camera. It's more frustrating to see our defense collapse time and time again. Failing to clear pucks, over skating the puck, screening our own goalie allowing a goon to score two goals.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reffing was again atrocious, it seems when the Flyers play the Rags the entire obstruction section of the rule book is throw out. Then one of the refs blew play dead twice because they didn't put themselves in an appropriate position to see where the puck actually was.

Briere is fucking useless.

The defense needs to be better, the third goal was absolutely horrible and on the team not Bob since he made 3 point blank saves before it finally found it's way in.

Jagr going down hurt the team, but imo when they shortened the bench Briere should have been sat and Cooter should have gotten his time.

I'm absolutely disgusted that G didn't take the penalty shot, that makes no sense to me at all.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
how can we have a goalie that says good news im not playing and better news we have a chance to win... really what fucking loser...say i suck but im going to turn it around and kick some ass...pathetic...and so what happens put the back up in...i like bob...but there is a reason we went out and got a number one...but our number one has gone...number two...not lol...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big time over reactions in here today. Obviously would've liked to win here but the flyers completely outplayed the rags IMO. Bob gave up 2 goals that he probably should've had, lundqvist was a stud. It's the same story every time we play the rags.

The flyers need to figure out how to score against defensive minded teams (bolts and rags specifically). Cause they can't do shit against teams that collapse down low and protect the net

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Awaz...there no over reaction...lol...5 straight loss overall to the rangers...and a back up goalie playing the big game...because your started has a whowase me crisis...lol...collapse down low...right...spend that money and sign and Fing defenseman AWAZ...we all saw the game we want solutions...

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From a coaching standpoint, you try Briere out with every single player not named Jagr, Hartnell, or Giroux. He needs to start clicking with someone soon. Too much talent to completely shit the bed.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
When a penalty shot is awarded, someone on the ice has to be chosen. Giroux was not on the ice.
THis team is in 4th place overall, and had they won yesterday, would have been tied for first. Given the injuries, trades, and shit play of our new goalie, that isn't really something that fans should be pissed off about. We have a fire Lavi post going, a JVR hate post, a Briere hate post, a Ilya hate post, yet we are right in it with 10 rookies playing...

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a coaching standpoint, you try Briere out with every single player not named Jagr, Hartnell, or Giroux. He needs to start clicking with someone soon. Too much talent to completely shit the bed.

From a coaching standpoint you put Briere's ass in the press box for a few games to see if that will help[ him find his motivation to play. Read and Simmonds have been playing extremely well and yesterday that were both great and both on brier's line again(like 7th game straight), it's not the guys being put around briere, it's briere himself. Something drastic needs to be done to fix him if we're going to keep him and if not let's just ship him out and get a d-stud to help the team. We'll be fin offensively, especially when we're giving up less trash rebound goals because players are acutallu being covered.

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was 1 regular season game people. Would it have been nice to win the classic...yes. Bob was the right call for Lavy. Maybe this will wake Bryz up but Bob has been playing great hockey. If Bryz plays yesterday and they lose everyone would be questioning why Bob wasnt in net. Also with the penalty shot. You HAVE to pick Danny B in that situation. He is the teams best penalty shooter with over 40% success rate (above Giroux). To fix this problem, Lavy needs to shake the lines up and get Danny B going. Hes been playing with rookies and younger players all season. Maybe even moving Briere to wing could be an option. Homer needs to acquire a #4 or #5 dman. not a "Stud". Say goodbye to the nucleus of the team if you keep dreaming of Suter or Weber.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was 1 regular season game people. Would it have been nice to win the classic...yes. Bob was the right call for Lavy. Maybe this will wake Bryz up but Bob has been playing great hockey. If Bryz plays yesterday and they lose everyone would be questioning why Bob wasnt in net. Also with the penalty shot. You HAVE to pick Danny B in that situation. He is the teams best penalty shooter with over 40% success rate (above Giroux). To fix this problem, Lavy needs to shake the lines up and get Danny B going. Hes been playing with rookies and younger players all season. Maybe even moving Briere to wing could be an option. Homer needs to acquire a #4 or #5 dman. not a "Stud". Say goodbye to the nucleus of the team if you keep dreaming of Suter or Weber.

I'd leave Briere be as that line was controlling play they'll see some results soon. They'll either add a 4 or 5 like you mentioned above or upgrade a guy like Carle...but is Suter that much better? If so do it trade Carle and something for Suter as Bourdon has shown that he can be a solid 5th guy...then you're set.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
honestly, this team just needs a gritty shut down defenseman that can play top 4 minutes. no need to replace carle, he's been playing well in my opinion.

if im homer i try and get a guy like hal gill and then the only other tweak i'd consider making is making acquiring a veteran forward in case some of the young guys falter as the season progresses. other than that, i dont see what moves we can make that would greatly improve us in one area without making us weaker in another. to gain a stud defenseman we are gonna have to lose lots of depth which is a strength.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont even see the need for a d-man.. once gusty is ready put him in for lilja and i think the d is stout.. the goaltending is putrid though

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a penalty shot is awarded, someone on the ice has to be chosen. Giroux was not on the ice.
THis team is in 4th place overall, and had they won yesterday, would have been tied for first. Given the injuries, trades, and shit play of our new goalie, that isn't really something that fans should be pissed off about. We have a fire Lavi post going, a JVR hate post, a Briere hate post, a Ilya hate post, yet we are right in it with 10 rookies playing...

No to the firing,and hate can be replaced by dissapointed with by me.

Lots of games to play,just need the vets to pick up their game.I think the rookies on the team have performed as expected and beyond for a few.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unfortunately, "headcase" is not really strong enough to discribe him at the moment.:dunce:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly, this team just needs a gritty shut down defenseman that can play top 4 minutes. no need to replace carle, he's been playing well in my opinion.

if im homer i try and get a guy like hal gill and then the only other tweak i'd consider making is making acquiring a veteran forward in case some of the young guys falter as the season progresses. other than that, i dont see what moves we can make that would greatly improve us in one area without making us weaker in another. to gain a stud defenseman we are gonna have to lose lots of depth which is a strength.

I've been waffling with this as you're right the D isn't that bad but are they good enough as is. Adding one more solid vet like a gill would probably do it....to fucking bad that Pronger is out! Fuck!

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its 1 game
time to get the whole winter classic thing done and get back to winning games.
I expect a good run from this team