• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Lakers go from here...?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally I agree, but not in his case.

The Rockets could fall off and there are 6 or 7 teams capable of climbing as high as 2 in the West. The Lakers and Nuggets are both in that group.
Denver missed the playoff. So did the Lakers but I still believe LeBron adds 15 wins to the 35 Lakers got this year to reach about 50. This by the way is the same thing Steven A Smith said. I haven't seen any moves by Denver to make them significantly better. Barkley just hating on LeBron is all

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver missed the playoff. So did the Lakers but I still believe LeBron adds 15 wins to the 35 Lakers got this year to reach about 50. This by the way is the same thing Steven A Smith said. I haven't seen any moves by Denver to make them significantly better. Barkley just hating on LeBron is all

Denver won 46 games last year with Millsap only playing 38. Harris and Jokic each missed a handful of games too. They added Isaiah Thomas and Michale Porter Jr..

While Porter might sit the whole year, he could also be back at some point and he was hands down the top prospect in last year's draft before his injury issues.

If things click for Denver this year, they could win 55.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver won 46 games last year with Millsap only playing 38. Harris and Jokic each missed a handful of games too. They added Isaiah Thomas and Michale Porter Jr..

While Porter might sit the whole year, he could also be back at some point and he was hands down the top prospect in last year's draft before his injury issues.

Big deal, they still missed the playoffs and they will still about the same. If the Lakers can improve by 15 games they will be in the mix with the best player in the NBA
And the Lakers have two players that.have the potential to be 20 plus points per game. Lonzo Bal in my opinion is not quite ready yet

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big deal, they still missed the playoffs and they will still about the same. If the Lakers can improve by 15 games they will be in the mix with the best player in the NBA
And the Lakers have two players that.have the potential to be 20 plus points per game. Lonzo Bal in my opinion is not quite ready yet

images

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The lakers team that won 35 had Julius Randle, Nance and Clarkson..Without those its more like a 25-30 win team...Add lebron and some scrubs i see around 40-45 wins...slide in the 8th seed possibly and get rocked

Lebron struggled last year in the east without Love when he got injured, and said it was a lot harder without Irving...Now he has no stars, in a much tougher conference...and is turning 34

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lakers team that won 35 had Julius Randle, Nance and Clarkson..Without those its more like a 25-30 win team...Add lebron and some scrubs i see around 40-45 wins...slide in the 8th seed possibly and get rocked

Lebron struggled last year in the east without Love when he got injured, and said it was a lot harder without Irving...Now he has no stars, in a much tougher conference...and is turning 34
Ingram and Kuzma should.be ready to play though and we got Rondo... so While they will miss Randle, I still believe Steven A Smith is right

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know that Steven A Smith is predicting the Lakers will be a top 4 team in the West don't you. No disrespect to Charles but Smith smarter

They're both morons. You just picked the moron whose opinion you like better.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bless your heart, you just keep trying.

fM1mhlA.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know that Steven A Smith is predicting the Lakers will be a top 4 team in the West don't you. No disrespect to Charles but Smith smarter

If I had to bet on which team will have the better record, I would pick the Lakers too.

But, my whole point is that there isn't much separating 3-10 in the West, and the Lakers are firmly in that group. You dismissing the Nuggets as potentially being better is a huge mistake, because they could very well be. They won 11 more games last season and they have improved too.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL at your overzealous evaluation of the impact of Nance and Clarkson now that they're on your team. They were bench rotation players on the Lakers and expendable. They've already replaced them with much better players in addition to James. Randle is a loss, but he was also limiting Kuzma's minutes. Last year's Lakers also missed a lot of games by Ingram and Ball down the stretch, protecting them from re-injury in unimportant late season games.

James has better surrounding talent this year than he did last.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L

You haven't been paying attention.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at your overzealous evaluation of the impact of Nance and Clarkson now that they're on your team. They were bench rotation players on the Lakers and expendable. They've already replaced them with much better players in addition to James. Randle is a loss, but he was also limiting Kuzma's minutes. Last year's Lakers also missed a lot of games by Ingram and Ball down the stretch, protecting them from re-injury in unimportant late season games.

He thinks the Cavs will win more games than the Lakers.

:lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to bet on which team will have the better record, I would pick the Lakers too.

But, my whole point is that there isn't much separating 3-10 in the West, and the Lakers are firmly in that group. You dismissing the Nuggets as potentially being better is a huge mistake, because they could very well be. They won 11 more games last season and they have improved too.
Very tight - and I am not saying it is guaranteed by any means. The young players have to grow up fast. I don't have a lot of confidence in Lonzo Ball, but if he was to live up to his hype this year, and then Ingram and Kuzma were to step up into their roles - the Lakers could be really good. If they aren't really good as Magic Johnson is hoping for - then by February - some of them will be gone - Magic has already said that. I really don't have much confidence in the Denver Nuggets, but you never know - Personally - I think they are lacking that super-star player needed. Houston could be just as good, but they made some changes that could be costly. This year will now prove if Luke Walton is really as good of a coach as everyone has been saying

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is debatable, and i don't think anyone on the team is as good as love.

Also so what even if true? He didn't have a good enough team around him to beat GS with Durant when he had Irving and Love...and he was 2 years younger...And now GS has an even better supporting cast with Cousins lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very tight - and I am not saying it is guaranteed by any means. The young players have to grow up fast. I don't have a lot of confidence in Lonzo Ball, but if he was to live up to his hype this year, and then Ingram and Kuzma were to step up into their roles - the Lakers could be really good. If they aren't really good as Magic Johnson is hoping for - then by February - some of them will be gone - Magic has already said that. I really don't have much confidence in the Denver Nuggets, but you never know - Personally - I think they are lacking that super-star player needed. Houston could be just as good, but they made some changes that could be costly. This year will now prove if Luke Walton is really as good of a coach as everyone has been saying

You called Charles Barkley a moron for suggesting the Nuggets were better. They might be. The 2 teams will likely finish within 3-4 games of each other in the standings.

The Nuggets don't have a superstar, they aren't real contenders. But guess what? They have significantly better players 2-8 and the Lakers aren't real contenders this year either.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is debatable, and i don't think anyone on the team is as good as love.

Also so what even if true? He didn't have a good enough team around him to beat GS with Durant when he had Irving and Love...and he was 2 years younger...And now GS has an even better supporting cast with Cousins lol

LMFAO Love ain't all that, and you'll see that soon enough...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You called Charles Barkley a moron for suggesting the Nuggets were better. They might be. The 2 teams will likely finish within 3-4 games of each other in the standings.

The Nuggets don't have a superstar, they aren't real contenders. But guess what? They have significantly better players 2-8 and the Lakers aren't real contenders this year either.
I called Charles a moron because he has been talking stupid ever since I have seen him on ESPN. He hates the Lakers and always has something stupid to say about him - I've seen some say the Lakers will finish 3rd - but I have them in the top 4 or 5 subject to the development of Kuzma and Ingram. I think Lonzo Ball could be a lot better - but so far I think LaVar has been a detriment to his development and may continue to be so.