• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When is Cam Newton going to be cut?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
He's a big guy who is hard to take down and can occassionally make a good throw. That's about it.

You don't rank 24th in the league for QB rating with good accuracy.
The deal with Cam's accuracy is inconsistency. Some games his QBR is through the roof and he has a few games every year where it's through the floor.
It will be interesting to see it this year. He has the best set of weapons he's had since he's been in Carolina and it seems as though they want him to get the ball out of his hand quicker. In the past he has forced to many throws downfield looking for the home run.
I don't think he will ever be a top 8 QBR type of QB but factor in his other attributes and we Panther fans can live with that.
Hate on...

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The deal with Cam's accuracy is inconsistency. Some games his QBR is through the roof and he has a few games every year where it's through the floor.
It will be interesting to see it this year. He has the best set of weapons he's had since he's been in Carolina and it seems as though they want him to get the ball out of his hand quicker. In the past he has forced to many throws downfield looking for the home run.
I don't think he will ever be a top 8 QBR type of QB but factor in his other attributes and we Panther fans can live with that.
Hate on...
He is probably the most successful dual threat QB to date. Unfortunately for him, his arm isn't a big threat and it's probably too late in his career to fix his mechanics at this point. The less he can lean on his size and athleticism and has to make plays with his arm the less valuable he will be going forward. I don't think he's going to be the kind of guy who plays until his 40s.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate on...

It will be interesting because I think Norv Turner has always more of a play/action, deep passing game type OC. McCaffery is a difference maker though.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ANyone gonna talk about how he’s cost them a playoff spot?

He’s been horrendous the past few games

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, the first half of the season everyone was talking about how Norv Turner had fixed cam... apparently not

selkies ftw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCaffrey first six games - 111 ypg 1 TD, team goes 4-2

McCaffrey next 7 games -138 ypg 11 TD, team goes 2-5

Dude has been putting the team on his back and getting no help from Cam. The interceptions have got to stop.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCaffrey first six games - 111 ypg 1 TD, team goes 4-2

McCaffrey next 7 games -138 ypg 11 TD, team goes 2-5

Dude has been putting the team on his back and getting no help from Cam. The interceptions have got to stop.

Most quarterbacks, as they mature and gain experience, cut down on interceptions as they get later in their careers. Cam isn't doing that. He throws as many picks now as he did his first couple of years

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam is a phenomenal athlete but is playing shitty football right now. Pretty much that simple. And he pouts and sulks visibly when things go wrong. That's the thing that I dislike about him. He has never really grown up.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina offense: 8th in DVOA

Carolina defense: 27th

But yeah, Cam hasn't been great in this stretch, I'll be honest. Kinda weird we're talking about Cam when their D has been hot trash in this stretch.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, no doubt that defense has been awful. Way too many big plays given up. But that means the QB has to be even more careful with the ball and not put them back out there in bad situations. Cam keeps making terrible throws at bad times.

And these next 3 games, they face offenses that can make big plays. Not a good sign. Could possibly end this season 1-7 or even 0-8.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina offense: 8th in DVOA

Carolina defense: 27th

But yeah, Cam hasn't been great in this stretch, I'll be honest. Kinda weird we're talking about Cam when their D has been hot trash in this stretch.
His last two games were bad, but the prior three games, he was pretty good.

Hell, if Gano didn't miss the PAT in the Lions game, they probably win that. The Pittsburgh game, the only one of the first 8 possessions that Pittsburgh didn't score on was the drive at the end of the first half.

Defense didn't stop Seattle from scoring once in the second half.

All Cam's fault.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But suddenly everyone looks mediocre when facing the playoff-contending Browns

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The post Hue Jackson Browns are not to be fucked with.

Our lord Freddie Kitchens needs to be the OC next year

All's I know is: the Panthers have been making me some fake munnies the past 4 weeks, so Let it Ride