• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When is Cam Newton going to be cut?

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so sick of seeing this guy try to play QB. He is horrible at everything outside of running fast, is a terrible leader and teammate, and is dumb as dirt. Always throwing off his back foot and sailing the ball with the worst accuracy and no touch. He should be a WR or TE, nothing more.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Newton is one of the few option QBs that actually works in the NFL. If you give him the right Offensive Coordinator he can lead a very good offense that chews time and scores points efficiently.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he's so good that everyone hates playing with him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Newton is one of the few option QBs that actually works in the NFL. If you give him the right Offensive Coordinator he can lead a very good offense that chews time and scores points efficiently.

Cam has been the one guy that has made a hybrid version of the read option work in the NFL for an extended period of time...he's basically Tim Tebow with an NFL arm.

Coming into the league he's probably had the same throwing mechanics that everyone wanted to fix...his misses are typically high. the OP is right his footwork is a big part of the problem.

I was curious to see how they would implement a short passing game scheme with the young talent they got in the draft...McCaffery. Year one was pretty good considering the short passing game has never been the norm in CAR with Cam running the OFC. I think a large part of why Cam imo has been sort of stuck in this effective, but not really breaking out as a passer...OCs have basically settled for what he does well instead of forcing him to improve his weakest areas.

At this point he probably is what he's going to be as a QB, but you can do far worse than Cam Newton at QB.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so sick of seeing this guy try to play QB. He is horrible at everything outside of running fast, is a terrible leader and teammate, and is dumb as dirt. Always throwing off his back foot and sailing the ball with the worst accuracy and no touch. He should be a WR or TE, nothing more.

Some truth here imo, but you miss the mark overall.

Cam is never going to be a 68% passer, footwork is just not disciplined enough and not known to be a great leader. It might not be pretty always, but he wins football games with marginal talent around him...especially OL and edge weapons. There have been far better passers (notably Jeff George, and Jay Cutler) they haven't won as frequently.

Would I want Cam as my starter? No, but he's more effective than probably half the QBs in the league when it comes to getting a W or an L on Sunday.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least his ratings climbing. 75.8 to 80.7, all pro!