• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's Stan been doing?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are looking to trade Crawford before they trade seabrook. I read a rumor that if the Hawks don't clear cap by a certain day this week Kruger and Oduya will start looking around for other offers.

I dont think they would have traded Raanta if they were gonna let Crow go. I know Leighton resigned, but dont think he is in the big clubs plans after having a pretty bad cup final against the hawks. I am pretty sure Crow is still on some pretty thin ice for his off ice capades, but its pretty light with goalies in the system.

C

cubzzzfanincali

well, it's been more than 72 hours since that article was posted....and....

crickets.

Just sayin'. Obviously at some point, something has to happen.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess alot of people, including writers are tired of nothing happening lol.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todays addition to that blog is Oduya, Krueger and more minor trades are just waiting until they can report the big trade with either Crawford, Seabrook and Shaw, or Sharp.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go again, give away Johns who was pretty much expected to move right into the D mix to get a veteran defender instead to only gain 1.7 million. Daley makes 3.3 per for the next two years, Garbutt is a 900k player. I guess now Dallas is paying half of Garbutts salary in the deal, so its up to 2.3 or so.

I guess they exhausted all options to trade Sharp to the east, let alone out of the division. Unbelievable that there was not trade out there with less thorns, but yet another young D man gone.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go again, give away Johns who was pretty much expected to move right into the D mix to get a veteran defender instead to only gain 1.7 million. Daley makes 3.3 per for the next two years, Garbutt is a 900k player. I guess now Dallas is paying half of Garbutts salary in the deal, so its up to 2.3 or so.

I guess they exhausted all options to trade Sharp to the east, let alone out of the division. Unbelievable that there was not trade out there with less thorns, but yet another young D man gone.

Yeah, wasn't a fan of this trade. Trying to put a positive spin on it, the Hawks had been linked to Daley in the past so they must like him. Dallas paying 1/2 of Garbutt's salary allows the Hawks to bury him in the minors with no cap penalty, if needed. Regarding Johns, I'm going to assume that while he should be a solid player at the NHL level, he probably wasn't the best fit for the Hawks' system. They do still have Ville Pokka who they got from the Islanders who also plays the right side and is supposed to be an even more highly regarded prospect than Johns.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of additional rumors:

1) Shaw is now being shopped.
2) Hawks will almost certainly have to take back salary in order to trade Bickell or Versteeg

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of additional rumors:

1) Shaw is now being shopped.
2) Hawks will almost certainly have to take back salary in order to trade Bickell or Versteeg

I read that Edmonton wanted Seabrook and Shaw, and with a new instigator on the club, it makes sense. I just read that Stan wants some conversation on seabrooks extension because he is not going to go to 7 million seabrook might get offered as a ufa so if they cannot find a middle ground they might trade him instead of losing him.

I really dont see why shaw needs to go, unless he is looking to get a big payday after next year also, pretty sure he just signed 2 year 4 million extension and is about the only hawk willing to screen goalies in the blue paint..

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that Edmonton wanted Seabrook and Shaw, and with a new instigator on the club, it makes sense. I just read that Stan wants some conversation on seabrooks extension because he is not going to go to 7 million seabrook might get offered as a ufa so if they cannot find a middle ground they might trade him instead of losing him.

I really dont see why shaw needs to go, unless he is looking to get a big payday after next year also, pretty sure he just signed 2 year 4 million extension and is about the only hawk willing to screen goalies in the blue paint..

I guess they figure that $2 mil/yr is a lot for a 4th liner. And, maybe he is being used to sweeten the pot on Bickell or Versteeg...

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont know how much longer Kruger can wait to sign elsewhere. Rosters are being filled every day, so it seems there is not much demand for him.