• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Will LeBron Do This Summer?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lakers are in a nice position right now- but if I were you I would not quite start boasting yet.

A lot can yet happen between now and say Independence Day.

In the meantime, us Cavs fans will enjoy our long run through the playoffs and our upcoming lotto pick tomorrow. You can enjoy your half decade of shit and no lotto pick that was used to trade for Steve Nash. lol

1) i'm hardly "boasting", WiggityWack. that's something you and cats LIKE you have done for years...

and it didn't come close to netting you what all that braggadocio you put out SAID you were going to...

2) congrats on your "long run". that's NEVER been seen around here...oh wait...

I believe even through our dark time the Lakers for the entirety of our history has seen Championship runs for fairly close to half of that time...

so whoopee...:whoppdeedoo:

3) as far as our recent history, do keep trying. yep, ol' Jimmy Short buss sure did screw us, but look at where we're at NOW. and it's got you asshats SCARED. now you can "enjoy" your years of epic failure, and i'll enjoy watching you weasels sweat in the PRESENT...:D

LMFAO you clowns are too much today...:dhd:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, things are worse than you thought.

I have been saying he is gone since Parker and Ginobli made those comments.

Time will tell, but Kawhi doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who is all about the money. He is like the anti-Melo.
We shall see.

A few things lead me to believe what I believe.

Last year they had issues with Aldridge who was demanding a trade. The organization did not panic. Popovich spoke to Aldridge, they fixed what was botherhing him and Aldridge went on to have his best year in a Spurs uniform.

Popovich also said during that whole exchange that he was not going to trade Aldridge unless he got the package that he wanted. That he would not be forced into a move.

After the Cavs were "forced" into the Kyrie trade and the diminished returns that they got, I see no reason why the Spurs would not approach the situation in much the same way. Maybe Kawhi just wants a goood ole fashioned rub and tug to appease his ego. Who knows.

I think we will know more soon, and that if he is still set on leaving, that the Spurs will not reward Leonard by giving him what he wants. That just does not seem to be there MO- especially creating a new super team that they would have to compete with- especially as Buford and Pop are not going to be around into the long term future.

but we shall see.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what Pop told Aldridge last year according to Pop:

"I was very candid with him," Popovich said. "I told him I would be happy to trade him. You get me a talent like Kevin Durant and I will drive you to the airport. I will pack your bags and I will drive you there,' and he laughed. And I said, 'Short of that I am your best buddy, and you are here for another year and you ain't going nowhere because for you talent-wise, we are not going to get what we want, so let's figure this thing out. And we did."

Popovich explains how LaMarcus Aldridge's trade request sparked a revival with Spurs

does that sound like a guy who will be backed into a corner and forced to make a deal he does not absolutely love?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, things are worse than you thought.

I have been saying he is gone since Parker and Ginobli made those comments.

Time will tell, but Kawhi doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who is all about the money. He is like the anti-Melo.

True. But isn't Parker an FA? I don't know if they'd do it to him considering what he's meant to the franchise...but as someone else pointed out, not bringing Parker back might go a long way to smoothing things over with Kawhi. Or maybe an apology from Parker and Manu?

I agree about the money. As I said that's a helluva lot to walk away from...but if there's one guy in the league who would, it's probably Kawhi.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it already happened yesterday.

Oh, maybe. I heard Dan Patrick talking about Pop meeting with Kawhi in San Diego, but I didn't catch if he had already met with him or if that was the plan.

I believe the original date was the 21st, but that could very well have changed.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But isn't Parker an FA? I don't know if they'd do it to him considering what he's meant to the franchise...but as someone else pointed out, not bringing Parker back might go a long way to smoothing things over with Kawhi. Or maybe an apology from Parker and Manu?

I agree about the money. As I said that's a helluva lot to walk away from...but if there's one guy in the league who would, it's probably Kawhi.

lol, yeah probably. it's kinda how the guy's wired...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It isn't about Parker though.

There is a 0% chance Parker and Ginobili, relatively quiet players, make those comments to
The media without at least Pop's blessing and probably at his behest.

Moving Parker solves nothing because Kawhi knows where the comments came from.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see.

A few things lead me to believe what I believe.

Last year they had issues with Aldridge who was demanding a trade. The organization did not panic. Popovich spoke to Aldridge, they fixed what was botherhing him and Aldridge went on to have his best year in a Spurs uniform.

Popovich also said during that whole exchange that he was not going to trade Aldridge unless he got the package that he wanted. That he would not be forced into a move.

After the Cavs were "forced" into the Kyrie trade and the diminished returns that they got, I see no reason why the Spurs would not approach the situation in much the same way. Maybe Kawhi just wants a goood ole fashioned rub and tug to appease his ego. Who knows.

I think we will know more soon, and that if he is still set on leaving, that the Spurs will not reward Leonard by giving him what he wants. That just does not seem to be there MO- especially creating a new super team that they would have to compete with- especially as Buford and Pop are not going to be around into the long term future.

but we shall see.

I hear you, but there is a big difference in what transpired leading to the trade requests.

Aldridge and Kyrie asked to be traded because they didn't like their roles.

Kawhi reportedly feels betrayed by the franchise. Not so easy to fix that.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where you going, LeBron?

7JTsB0Zihe1xzn2Mv_i7t18ZRIYvk8ncGtUwiFB8sd0.jpg

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) i'm hardly "boasting", WiggityWack. that's something you and cats LIKE you have done for years...

and it didn't come close to netting you what all that braggadocio you put out SAID you were going to...

wtf

did you seize up in the middle of that sentence?

thats what i envision Derek Rose's college essays were like.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I see.....

add "get you"..

Lol happy now...?

this is why I hate posting with my phone...

STILL didn't take away from my point... :D

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite rumor out there is Bronny is supposedly playing for Copley, because his best friend Cory is going to play there. LeBron had a falling out with the coaches at SVSM

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talk is also LeBron only wants to play either for the Cavs or Lakers next season, and prefers Cleveland because of family the biggest reason. But wants the front office to give a reason to stay.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron knows where he will be next yr. he will draw it out for attention and the media will leak a new story every day so they have something to talk about over the summer. So don't believe any of the shit being leaked. Remember the decision? Every day he was leaning a different way. He was going to Miami the entire time

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron knows where he will be next yr. he will draw it out for attention and the media will leak a new story every day so they have something to talk about over the summer. So don't believe any of the shit being leaked. Remember the decision? Every day he was leaning a different way. He was going to Miami the entire time

How LeBron James Mastered the Media

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lakers are in a nice position right now- but if I were you I would not quite start boasting yet.

A lot can yet happen between now and say Independence Day.

In the meantime, us Cavs fans will enjoy our long run through the playoffs and our upcoming lotto pick tomorrow. You can enjoy your half decade of shit and no lotto pick that was used to trade for Steve Nash. lol

Pretty weak card to try to play assuming James leaves.

Anyway, how are you going to justify any of the B.S. you said about Arison/Heat if James leaves?
You played the bogus cheap stuff how many times?
What's the story going to be if he bails on an owner whose paid outrageous taxes on the leagues highest payroll which includes some bad contracts that James was the sole reason for?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well of course but this is tge usual. Lebron always takes his time every offseason and with good reason. He waits for everything to unfold

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As well as back to the Cavs.
If anyone doesn't think he knows what he's doing, or at least what he is planning, they are naïve.